FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 09.21.2014, 13:08

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 06.22.2010, 08:18 
Darth Mod

Sand$: 49766
Donate
ind.gif
Whale Shark Interview - CleffedUp
Dec 16, 2003

Congrats CleffedUp on becoming another of our Whale Sharks, 1000 messages on the Msg Boards!!
Thanks! Like I said on the board, this site is really one more reason it’s too bad the football season goes by so quickly. It’s been a lot of fun.

So, tell us a little about yourself. Looks like music is a big deal in your life.
Yeah, ever since I discovered music it’s been a constant in my life. Cello, piano, guitar, I’ve played in a few amateur orchestras, and in the last several years I’ve focused a lot of my time on composing. I’m not published yet, but MIDI allows me to put out CDs at least, and I really enjoy it -- I think by nature people are creative, whether they know it or not, and so it’s important to have an outlet; something like writing music that’s uniquely yours.

Neat. Well...I must say, Brooklyn is one of my favorite places in the world. Both my parents grew up there and went to Brooklyn College. And my grandparents both lived there. Nothing better than getting a good bagel on Avenue J. So living in New York, the obvious question is are you a Giants or Jets fan? Yankees or Mets fan?
Best pizza in the world, too! Anyway, I’m a Mets fan but I don’t think I wanna talk about that. As for Giants vs. Jets, neither! I used to be a Giants fan, but converted to the Niners around ’86, ironically when the Giants went on to take it all. I really admired guys like Steve Young, Jerry Rice, and Joe Montana -- that whole team had an air of class which I think is all the more special in a game as brutal as football.

And what's going on with the Niners' season so far?
At 6-7 my Niners are clearly in trouble. I really don’t see that chemistry of old in them. As much as I like to see them win, I’ve always hated seeing guys like TO and Deion, when he played for them, succeed and take away from the sheen of the dynasty with their antics. As for the home teams, they both have a number of good things going for them that they can build upon. I still root for them, part-time.

Well who's you favorite NFL Player, past and present then?
Past is easy… Young/Rice -- as I see it, they were one player, the heart of the team. Today I still root for Rice (even in Silver and Black) but really like Dante Hall. Besides the generous return scoring in my league, he’s done a lot of great things for his team since he opened up last year, doing it with class and humility, giving a lot of credit to his teammates. I guess being a life-long Mets fan I’ve learned to value the intangibles in athletes, cause they don’t always win.

How about a Super Bowl prediction from you.
It’s Manning’s time for the ring. I see Indy vs. Philly who has really gotten their act together after a shaky start. Even better than the Superbowl, it would great be to see Indy face KC for the AFC. Now that would be a game.

Boo..no Pats then! So how long have you been participating in Fantasy Football?
This is just my second year, but I’m the type that really eats up stat crunching and the like so I think I’ve amassed a lot of knowledge very quickly, but still have plenty to learn. I completely rocked my draft with MS Access and Excel -- the geeks shall inherit the earth, y’know.

And how many leagues are you involved in?
Let’s say one and a half. I’ve got my 8-team office league with a few fanatics, and what you could call a beta league with the other guys in the forum, most you’ve interviewed -- the self-proclaimed Übers!

And the Team Name(s). Any meaning behind them?
The Brooklyn Larceny -- perpetuate the myth while striking fear in opponents.

So, did you make your FFL playoffs this year?
Oh yeah. Tied for 1st with a 10-4 record, leading in points. All the way this year.

What about your best and worst pick of the year was?
I had a buncha stinkers. Garner at #2, Dillon at #3, Plax at #5, LT at #1 overall (I believed the hype) -- take your pick. My best was probably Moe Williams at #12 -- I never would’ve thought a goal line guy for my bench would blow up like he did. Of course now he’s gone. Only 3 of my draft picks are still on my roster. But hey, I worked the wire and I’m on top.

Great. Let's talk about FantasySharks.com a bit. How did you come to find us from that other site?
I’m pretty sure I found this place with Google. Seems like ages ago.

How about your favorite FantasySharks feature or article?
Wise guy that I am, I like the quick sarcastic spin of the Power Rankings. The Start/Bench has been helpful in finding the flavor of the week to grab from the wire in those revolving door bench spots, and these interviews are great -- it’s fun to get to know a bit about the guys (and gals) who make up the community.

Ok. On to the message boards. How's the community going these days?
There's a ton of activity lately. Plenty. There’s been a great sudden surge in new faces as I guess people are looking for some objective advice to keep them from out-coaching themselves right out of the playoffs. Lots of fun.

Any particular poster that you respect the most?
Oof! -- too many. My fellow musician-in-arms PrimeMover and that raving swede Paddler give a lot of solid advice. You’ve also gotta respect Florida Stag for taking a lot of advice and then acting decisively on it to get where he is in his league. Pretty good for a crumpet-dunker! I could run down a lotta names here who really add a lot to the discussions one way or another, but I won’t -- they know who they are.

Great. Last question. Still going to be with us at 2000 posts?
You can count on it. As much as I love music, you can bet I enjoy running my mouth!

Thanks again for being such an active poster on the message boards! And congratulations on becoming a Whale Shark!!

PostPosted: Wed 06.23.2010, 10:51 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
Someone mentioned a GW shark interview..only found this, thought I'd bump it along. :Drink)