FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 10.01.2014, 21:22

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue 06.22.2010, 17:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4149
Donate
I apologize for the delay! I had to run out and it took longer than I thought it would. I like my defense!

PostPosted: Tue 06.22.2010, 19:21 
Honorary Mod (powerless)

Sand$: 228
Donate
det.gif
Well done guys! Review coming tomorrow!

PostPosted: Tue 06.22.2010, 21:04 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 126
Donate
dal.gif
I will do my analysis tommorrow

PostPosted: Tue 06.22.2010, 22:17 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 46078
Donate
phi.gif
please take nothing personal these are only one man's opinion.

DD

I really like your depth at QB with Brady and McNabb and Chrs Johnson along with Stewart is a nice combo. Roddy is solid and Sims-walker should have another good year also Owen Daniels should have a good year baring an injury of course. After that DD i think is the concern for this team is depth at WR and RB. I am hearing rumors Wes will be out longer then we expect (PUP possibly), and Vjax might be out for many games. This teams success rides with the performance of Vjax and Wes Welker if they come back well this is a solid team.

Third and Long

I think you even said this yourself, you tried something new and didnt like it. Id have to agree after AP whos there now i know anyone of those guys could be a hit but I would be hard pressed to go into the season with those options at RB2. I like our 2 wr rice and austin. Looking back at this draft had you passed on rice and grabbed a rb #2 there you could still landed another decent WR and the 4th and picked up another qb. Because you waited for a rb you had to reach for several mid rounders..one of those have to pan out to give this team a shot

Rodg

love the QB and the depth at rb, but where are your WR's? I was like dam look as this team round by round then i saw your WR #1 is Floyd/Maclin. The trend i see so far after 3 people is if you took a qb before 5 you suffered...

R2000

very solid team R2000
Favre and Flacco make a nice duo at Qb, Rice/Charles/Barber should prove to be enough
I like jennings this year and Crabtree should also be solid Edwards and moss will be matchup plays but be suitable Wr #3's and Gates at TE. Overall and well balanced and Solid team top to bot.

Clayn8

Every Year Sjax has questions yet each year hes been pretty solid and Grant you can say the same he was solid last year. You have a very good WR corp from 1-4. Not sold on reggie bush being worth much this year. Kolb was a good value pick and should perform well this year. if Kolb plays well this teams in for a nice year.

Ill finish more later!!

twitter @nicdolas

PostPosted: Wed 06.23.2010, 07:19 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5287
Donate
ind.gif
nicdolas wrote:
please take nothing personal these are only one man's opinion.

Rodg

love the QB and the depth at rb, but where are your WR's? I was like dam look as this team round by round then i saw your WR #1 is Floyd/Maclin. The trend i see so far after 3 people is if you took a qb before 5 you suffered...

I totally agree with you Nic, but here is my take on non-PPR leagues. I choose WR's that are play makers and have the ability to score in more than just the receiving game (i.e. Maclin and Cribbs). Plus I took a TE (Finley) early for the same expectation in red zone targets and he has open field capabilities to get behind LB's that cover him. I don't mind this strategy and it has worked for me in the past.

But your accessment is spot on. I will add my breakdown later. Of course nothing is personal. This response is something I will continue to do this off season and encourage others to do as well. I think if you know why a pick was made then the outlook in your drafts may differ. If my comment here was I just drafted poorly, or the auto-pick kind of screwed it up then anyone reading these reviews will understand the point of view.

PostPosted: Wed 06.23.2010, 07:51 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ind.gif
Just a review....if you take anything here personal consult a physician as your skin is too thin :lol: :lol:

DigitalDominator

The key to this team running away is V-Jax. Nice QB combo, I am curious as to McNabb in WAS and how he will be without Westbrook type back to check down to.

Third and Long

Qb is solid. RB's even though depth is there I fear the headache of playing the right RB2. It is early in OTA's and hopefully closer to actual drafts one would rise to the top and all is well but if not headache. WR's nice collection (and much like myself I don't worry about BYE weeks 4 of 5 off week 4). And Dallas Clark is a nice WR3 ina TE body.

Rodg2915

I wont critique myself but repost my thoughts in a Non-PPR draft that I hold QB's in a higher value than the WR position simply for the consistancy. WR's will get their 2 TD days and the hit or miss 100 performance. But the QB has a higher likelyhood to throwing that TD and throwing for 250+. This is why I took the QB early and WR depth suffered. I also see Finley and Flyod as huge red zone targets and in Non-PPR TD's speak louder than reception.

R2000

No a bad combo to play match ups with at QB. I dont think Farve repeats his '09 season but the addition of Boldin helps Flacco so there is the possibility of a changing of the guard on your QB staff. Much like Third and Long that RB2 spot behind Rice has the possibility of headache all over it. Quite possibly the best WR corp in this mock and Gates a great compliment.

PostPosted: Wed 06.23.2010, 08:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ind.gif
Clayn8

Risky not backing up Kolb with a 'same teir' QB. I know it is a partial draft but with Kolb I would want another mid range guy to back him up. Decent RB1-2 but as for depth not the best in Non-PPR. WR has a nice balance of yardage guys and TD guys. Not big on the Winslow pick. And a solid D.

Bunnywafer

With no negatives for turnovers Schuab reminds me (in FF) of Farve's younger years. He will throw for yards and TD's....and picks but they won't hurt you here. Good corp in the backfield nice balance. WR's are a scary. It's not the receptions that are scary, but potential to score. And I hope Cooley has a bounce back season and McNabb may be the right guy for that (i.e Celek and LJ simth's career)

abishagenaden

Top notch QB. If Mathews lives up to the hype your RB's with LT will give you good options. Again hopefullt Housh bounces back this year and your WR corp is very good. Davis can stay on pace and you will be play 4 WR's basically nice pick there. And GB-D shouldn't disappoint.

MichaelT

Great QB combo, I think Stafford will continue to improve and be nice if Romo finds himself struggling. Good RB1-2 in Turner and Moreno and if any of the young guys can step up even better for your depth. WR potential to score is very high. Miller won't hurt you but will only help you from time to time. I see him as an Ochocino type TE. Big number 3-4 weeks of the season every other week is just so-so.

PostPosted: Wed 06.23.2010, 08:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ind.gif
JimHart

Good match up combo of QB's. Depth at RB is shady but the starters shouldn't let you down. I like the WR1 and 2, that #3 will be russian roulette between Holmes (after suspension) and Ocho. Witten will continue to be solid and een moreso IMO if Dez can stretch his side of the field opposite Austin. Which will probably make Witten your WR3 and leave the others to match up againt opposing TE's.

Jetsman

To Be Continued

PostPosted: Wed 06.23.2010, 10:35 
Honorary Mod (powerless)

Donate
det.gif
Below is my analysis/opinions about this mock. Please dont take any of it personally as it only posted to help (if it does at all). As an opinion, it is yours to do with as you will.

DigitalDominators

I like this team a lot. I think you are strong at QB, WR and TE and your weakest group (RBs) contains Chris freakin’ Johnson. I think your RB2 will be an issue as I don’t trust Stewart to be consistent, or the focal point of that offense. At WR, when VJax and Welker come back you will be golden.

Third and Long

Not a big fan. As long as all the QBs are getting the same 6 or 4 points per TD, I don’t understand why they should be drafted earlier. I think taking that QB, that early, and then following it up with an early TE killed your team. RBs are pretty terrible based on current expectation. Someone will NEED to blow up for you to compete I think. I also think Austin is going way to early this season so far.

Rodg

In this case grabbing a QB early didn’t kill your RBs…it killed your WRs. Again, compensating with an early TE and early DEF actually makes the holes bigger, not smaller. If you take an early QB, I think the only recourse is to simply load up on your core positions (RB/WR) and sacrifice at TE and DEF until late in the draft. There will be productive players late at those positions, unlike RB and WR.

R2000

I see some serious value picks here. Assuming Favre comes back, QB is set. Flacco might be a surprise top-10 QB by seasons end with his new cast. Barber is going far too late IMO and as a RB3 he’s very strong. While Id like to have more than 4 WRs at this point (considering you start 3 each week), I think your 4 have some high upsides. I would have gone elsewhere at the Crabtree pick, but I can see his potential. I think S.Moss is going to surprise a lot of people and is being overlooked bigtime.

Clayn8

Another pretty solid team IMO. Kolb intrigues me, but I think I’d want him to have a decent backup in case my instincts are wrong about him. Your RBs are decent, but each has a habit of being inconsistent with the points. If they are clicking however, you’ll be in good shape. Nice mix of old and new at WR.

Bunnywafer

I hated this team as you were drafting it as I couldn’t see how you could recover from the lack of WRs. At QB and RB, I like what you have going on. At WR, I hate it. I cant understand the fascination everyone has for Nicks. He’s going at the end of the 4th in all the drafts im tracking and I just don’t see it. He’s definitely not a focal point WR that you can wrap a mediocre WR core around (like AJ or Fitz perhaps).

Abishagenaden

Gutsy move leaving RB until the third round, but it’s easier when you can grab the best WR and QB with your first two. I like how you loaded up at the core positions, getting good value when you could (LT, Housh, Jacobs). If you would have avoided TE until late, I think this team could have been the exception to the “don’t take a QB that early” theory.

MchaelT

Good team, but you’re going to struggle early at WR for sure. Romo will have another solid year. Your RBs have high ceilings, but you “might” struggle picking the best one from week to week. With the exception of Bowe, who needs to step it up, every other WR on your team has a new QB throwing to him. That’s a scenario I try to avoid when I can. And with the exception of Dez (a rookie), the QBs throwing the balls are not that exciting or particularly good.

JimHart

Here’s how waiting for a QB can really help a draft. He has one of the better QB squads and Jim waiting until the 7th to draft his first one. That allowed him to load up on RBs and WRs early. Frankly im not a fan of the selections (don’t trust the RBs), but that’s not the point. I again would have waited on TE and secure a better RB3. I don’t think Brown or Bell will be worth much unless the guys in front of them have a serious injury.

Jetsman

QB in the first is a killer. Nice attempt at trying to recover by picking nothing but RBs and WRs for the next 8 rounds, but I don’t think it worked. When guys like Brady and Schaub are drafted 4 rounds later, I think you’d have to see the problem with your plan. Wells that high in the second was fairly shocking as well. Bad QB and serious competition at the RB spot is not what I want with the 15th guy off the board.

Nicdolas

Nice team. I don’t care for your QBs, but I recognize Cutler will do better than I expect/want him to, so he is a decent starter. RBs are very good. All have serious upsides IMO. Boldin and Colston are great (but taking Boldin before Colston shocked me a bit). The other WRs leave much to be desired, but you can spot fill this WR3 position with the first two you have in place and be okay. Two TEs drafted with only 16 roster spots? Not a good idea IMO. It’s funny how you were able to draft a TE in the 12th round who scored the same number of fantasy points as the TE you drafted in the 6th. WAIT ON TE’S PEOPLE!

LeSean

Too much uncertainty on this team for me. QBs are okay, but both have issues and both will have the occasional crappy week. You really have to believe a lot of things to feel confident with this RB core. Is there a chance one of them take the reigns and goes hog-wild….sure. Chances of many of them doing it…not so much. RBBC City. Calvin and Fitz I like, although I seriously worry about Fitz with the noodle throwing him the ball now. That said, decent core that allows you to piecemeal a WR3 together. I like the potential of the guys you did draft for that role.

Just to reiterate… every single one of you have decent TEs, regardless of where they were drafted. The number 5 TE in league last season was taken with one of the last picks of the draft. There are plenty to chose from this year IMO. Better to build your core early.

PostPosted: Wed 06.23.2010, 10:57 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1673
Donate
cin.gif
rodg2915 wrote:
Bunnywafer

With no negatives for turnovers Schuab reminds me (in FF) of Farve's younger years. He will throw for yards and TD's....and picks but they won't hurt you here. Good corp in the backfield nice balance. WR's are a scary. It's not the receptions that are scary, but potential to score. And I hope Cooley has a bounce back season and McNabb may be the right guy for that (i.e Celek and LJ simth's career)

Scary as in a good thing? Like you like their potential to score? Just wanted to clarify. This was my approach in a non-PPR (hence I like Nicks over Smith, and while I admit Collie is a bit of a toss-up, he did score alot last year).

I will try to get my write-ups done tonight, but in all honesty it might not happen until Friday.

PostPosted: Wed 06.23.2010, 11:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 46078
Donate
phi.gif
just based on this draft so far there is really no need to draft a qb before the 5th and wait on a TE

twitter @nicdolas

PostPosted: Wed 06.23.2010, 11:18 
Honorary Mod (powerless)

Donate
det.gif
nicdolas wrote:
just based on this draft so far there is really no need to draft a qb before the 5th and wait on a TE

I remember this song from last year.... and the year before.... and the year before....

The tune never changes, it just takes people a while to remember it from year to year. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed 06.23.2010, 11:22 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 126
Donate
dal.gif
Here's my two centavos...

DD.. Great team..solid drafting..the Qb's are top notch..the running back corps is good..I'm not that high on Stewart as others but he's good value at the bend.the wide outs are great if VJax and Welker return to form even though I think Vjax will be traded and Welker is another year removed form his 100 catch season potential just due to injury ....TE is solid..over all one of the best this draft if not the best

Mine... :? :? Didn't particularly care for it at any level past the first 5 picks..the second seat must take a running back at the bend instead of two wide outs even though both wide outs out performed any of the next 3 running backs in TP last year...I was hoping that Best/Jones or Addai tier would make it back..when that didn't happen I was forced to go either Barber/Forte or Bush a round earlier than the value dictated or take the next VBD which was Qb and then follow that up with the same scenerio with Clark...none of the #2/3 backs I liked but better than nothing..the wide outs were picks that I think will come back from sup par seasons ( Royal, Williams) and one rookie that has huge upside ( Mcluster)..all in all Grid's right this team has to have several guys play over their heads to compete.....

Rodg...Taking Manning early killed your your wide outs..running backs are solid...you'll have to trade one of your #2 backs for a decent top 12 wide out to win but it's not a bad idea to cover yourself that way rather than go wide out in the third round and try to play catch up..not a bad team otherwise...

R2000- Your Qbs are solid however I'm of the opinion that Farve comes to earth this year..stil taking 2 Qbs in round 9 and 10 are probable to what I looked to be doing in my redrafts..running backs are solid I actually like Barber over most this year, I expect him to have a 2007 season..Charles, I don't like at all as I see TJ taking more snaps than Charles and Charles getting third down looks and competing that time with Mccluster...wide outs are solid as I like Crabtree more than Grid but I do see his point of his Qb and running game dominating the offense but he's a good #2..Moss, I'm heh on him...see more of a 2007 Galloway season..hit or miss..Good team over all ...one of the best

Clay8..Pretty damn fine team other than Kolb..I think it will take at least a year before he plays to potential leaving him to be a back up that I pair with Farve/Flacco..running backs are solid plays every week....wide outs ware very decent...like the Winslow pick..good draft

Bunny..hate to tell ya that I agree with Grid..running backs are solid...at wide out there's not one guy that I like outside of Jackson and I think he's a #2 fantasy starter at best given his QB change..I don't like Nicks either because Manning will have 4 other guys to throw to...Qb will be top 5...you need to be like me and hope one or two of your guys will blow up...

Abishagen...good value picks at running back in Jacobs/Mathews and Williams ...that does even out taking Brees early..you scrambled and worked for you but probably won't be a strategy I would take but this was a good cover up...I'm not as high on Burleson as others are but he would be a good 3/4 guy with the right match ups..your wide outs are slightly under par but servicable...good job

PostPosted: Wed 06.23.2010, 11:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1673
Donate
cin.gif
gridguru wrote:
Bunnywafer

I hated this team as you were drafting it as I couldn’t see how you could recover from the lack of WRs. At QB and RB, I like what you have going on. At WR, I hate it. I cant understand the fascination everyone has for Nicks. He’s going at the end of the 4th in all the drafts im tracking and I just don’t see it. He’s definitely not a focal point WR that you can wrap a mediocre WR core around (like AJ or Fitz perhaps).

Awwww......you hate it? :( You don't see any upside here? (I'm not really hurt, but I see alot of upside in this corp so just curious that you don't see any?)

You're certainly entitled to your opinion on Nicks, but he wouldn't be the focal point of my corp...DeSean Jackson would be. I knew when I took Icky Sticky Ricky as an RB4 when I didn't even have my WR3 yet that I could be hurting there (for the record Driver was my target that round but went one pick before me), but I wanted to see how it would turn out.

Also, at that point, Ricky was the only RB left that I would have wanted, unless I decided to get cute and pair Tate with either Foster or Slaton. However, the WRs that went between the Ricky pick and my WR3 (Bryant) - Dez, Edelman, Britt, Thomas, Breaston, Housh - aren't exactly guaranteed to light the world on fire, and I like Bryant's upside more than any of those guys with the possible exception of Britt. At any rate I agree I see alot of question marks in my WR corp - perhaps more than I would be comfortable with in a real draft - but I also see alot of upside and if even one of my bench guys pans out, I think this is a pretty competitive team.

I guess I will also just comment, for reasons that rodg outlined above (others might gain more from seeing my draft if they know the reasons why behind some picks), that I do not have complete faith in Thomas as an RB2 (which I think stems from I get the feeling the Saints don't have complete faith in him, which makes me worry they will continually be looking for ways to replace him or get him out of the game), which is why I felt the need to stack up earlier at RB. Had I had more faith in my RB2, perhaps I would have come out with a better WR corp. My feelings on Thomas could change once we see how the contract plays out.

Grid - I know you're a big fan of Mason's value (at least in years past) and I have always been a huge fan as well. What are your thoughts on him this year? I know Boldin hurts his value but I think he's still clearly the WR2, and even though we should probably just change his name to Methuselah at this point, I think he has one decent year left (I'm thinking 60/750/5). What say you?

Thanks for the comments.

PostPosted: Wed 06.23.2010, 11:35 
Honorary Mod (powerless)

Donate
det.gif
bunnywafer wrote:
You're certainly entitled to your opinion on Nicks, but he wouldn't be the focal point of my corp...DeSean Jackson would be.

My apologies Bunny, I totally missed DeSean being on your team. Im not sure how i did...but i did. That definitely improves your WR core. That said, I worry about him as well with a new QB. I expect him to produce, but it's far from a sure-thing in my mind.

Quote:
Grid - I know you're a big fan of Mason's value (at least in years past) and I have always been a huge fan as well. What are your thoughts on him this year? I know Boldin hurts his value but I think he's still clearly the WR2, and even though we should probably just change his name to Methuselah at this point, I think he has one decent year left (I'm thinking 60/750/5). What say you?

I think between Boldin and Rice (and even Stallworth), Mason will be lucky to see 40 receptions this year. Hell, didn't he retire at the end of last season and then change his mind? I dont see the coaches worrying too much about keeping him happy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next