FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 04.20.2014, 12:48

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon 09.06.2010, 10:02 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 879
Donate
c2o wrote:
MSUDawg wrote:
c2o wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
Any Ole Miss fans in the house? Kansas?

Not a Kansas fan, but I'm a Turner Gill fan. I'm conflicted.

Can I ask why you're a Turner Gill fan? Are you a Nebraska fan or Buffalo fan?

Nebraska fan.

Gotcha. That was rough for him yesterday. I still think he needed to stay at Buffalo or a lower tier school for a little while before making a jump like that. I'm not sold on him as a head coach at a BCS school yet, we'll see what happens.

PostPosted: Fri 09.10.2010, 14:57 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 23423
Donate
cle.gif
Ahhh... Home at last! GO CATS!!!

PostPosted: Fri 09.10.2010, 17:20 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 28492
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
bluemist wrote:

:thumbright:

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

PostPosted: Sat 09.11.2010, 13:00 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5706
Donate
det.gif
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:
bluemist wrote:

They better turn it around quickly.

PostPosted: Sat 09.11.2010, 13:04 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
det.gif
lousylions wrote:
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:
bluemist wrote:

They better turn it around quickly.

And you open the second half allowing a 61 yd TD pass. :F

PostPosted: Sat 09.11.2010, 14:11 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
down 41-31 to USD (That's the University of SOUTH DAKOTA, folks) with 3:40 left in the game. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is hilarious.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

PostPosted: Sat 09.11.2010, 14:17 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
det.gif
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:
down 41-31 to USD (That's the University of SOUTH DAKOTA, folks) with 3:40 left in the game. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is hilarious.

Within 3 now.

PostPosted: Sat 09.11.2010, 14:25 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Game over. If Joel Maturi had any balls he'd fire Brewster on the spot. We have officially became the laughing stock of the Big Ten, and possibly the nation.

-Herb Brooks

PostPosted: Sat 09.11.2010, 14:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
det.gif
I don't think Georgia Tech fits in here, but that is a rough loss. Nesbitt strong again going 5 for 15 on passes.

PostPosted: Sat 09.11.2010, 14:41 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 6924
Donate
oak.gif
Ga Tech DEFINITELY fits in here.

From watching horrific play-calling (why does an option team throw a bomb on 3rd and 1????) to watching yet-another completely disinterested team play with zero inspiration whatsoever....Paul Johnson is..AT BEST...a glorified high school coach. His offense sucks, everyone has it figured out, and he is completely unable to "coach up" this team.

FIRE PAUL JOHNSON. NOW. Thanks 100% to him, the season is over in week 2. I see no reason to pay any more attention to this boring-ass dismal bunch of losers coached by an even bigger loser.

PostPosted: Sat 09.11.2010, 18:22 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16704
Donate
atl.gif
pwbowen wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
NC State.... sucky non existent defense, but arguably the best QB in the state. Go figure. :(

Beating UNC is always nice though. Excuse me pounding them which we have done recently. :D

FTFY

The idea of best in the league is laughable. Ponder, Taylor, Jacoby Whatever at Miami, even Kyle Parker are well ahead of him. He's not even the best QB who's a Baseball Player in the conference.

***Oh, and sorry, forgot to add: Gamecock fan checking in. :wink:

You still sticking by that claim? Neither of these guys have done a damn thing to impress me thus far.

PostPosted: Sat 09.11.2010, 19:26 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
oak.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
NC State.... sucky non existent defense, but arguably the best QB in the state. Go figure. :(

Beating UNC is always nice though. Excuse me pounding them which we have done recently. :D

FTFY

The idea of best in the league is laughable. Ponder, Taylor, Jacoby Whatever at Miami, even Kyle Parker are well ahead of him. He's not even the best QB who's a Baseball Player in the conference.

***Oh, and sorry, forgot to add: Gamecock fan checking in. :wink:

You still sticking by that claim? Neither of these guys have done a damn thing to impress me thus far.

x2. Jacory Harris (Miami) and Ponder looked like 2 big piles of dogshit today and Tyrod Taylor couldn't defeat the mighty Dukes of I-AA James Madison.

The entire ACC is a steaming pile of poo.

PostPosted: Sat 09.11.2010, 20:30 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 42421
Donate
det.gif
Blzbba wrote:

From watching horrific play-calling (why does an option team throw a bomb on 3rd and 1????) to watching yet-another completely disinterested team play with zero inspiration whatsoever....Paul Johnson is..AT BEST...a glorified high school coach. His offense sucks, everyone has it figured out, and he is completely unable to "coach up" this team.

FIRE PAUL JOHNSON. NOW. Thanks 100% to him, the season is over in week 2. I see no reason to pay any more attention to this boring-rump dismal bunch of losers coached by an even bigger loser.

I think you're being a bit harsh and irrational after losing to a sorry Kansas team. Doesn't the loss fall mostly on the defense? A d2 school gave up 3 points - you gave up 25 more and displayed some horrible tackling on that WR screen TD. Paul Johnson's offense has always been effective, and coaching circles adore the guy. Maybe he has a ceiling he's already reached - but is Ga Tech's ceiling really any higher? It's not like another Calvin Johnson is committing anytime soon.

PostPosted: Sat 09.11.2010, 20:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8930
Donate
det.gif
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:
Game over. If Joel Maturi had any balls he'd fire Brewster on the spot. We have officially became the laughing stock of the Big Ten, and possibly the nation.

How do you feel about Cosgrove?

PostPosted: Sat 09.11.2010, 20:39 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
oak.gif
FantasyHussy wrote:
Blzbba wrote:

FIRE PAUL JOHNSON. NOW. Thanks 100% to him, the season is over in week 2. I see no reason to pay any more attention to this boring-rump dismal bunch of losers coached by an even bigger loser.

I think you're being a bit harsh and irrational after losing to a sorry Kansas team. Doesn't the loss fall mostly on the defense? A d2 school gave up 3 points - you gave up 25 more and displayed some horrible tackling on that WR screen TD. Paul Johnson's offense has always been effective, and coaching circles adore the guy. Maybe he has a ceiling he's already reached - but is Ga Tech's ceiling really any higher? It's not like another Calvin Johnson is committing anytime soon.

If you're right and this is the highest 'ceiling' he can attain, then all the more reason to cut our losses now and get a coach in who can:

- install a real, non-HS offense
- actually motivate players

Dating to 2009, we haven't beaten a team worth a crap in almost a year now. Take away the Clemson ACC Champ. game (Clemson sucks) and you gotta go back to late October of 2009 for the last time we beat a 1-A team. We got embarrassed in the Orange Bowl and lost at home to the worst UGA team I've seen in my 25+ years as a GT fan. Every decent team we face knows how to shut-down the wishbone. It's a dead offense and he's coaching a dead team as long as he runs it. See: Today's game. Even lowly Kansas shut that crap down. I pointed this exact phenomena out last year vs Miami and it's still true a year later.

Johnson's response to this will likely be to rush 50 more times next week for 300 yards....and then try to throw to convert a 3rd and 1 late in the game. Good play-call, coach. :roll:

PS: I know he's not going anywhere and will be at GT for another 3-5 years. That's 3-5 years of 6 win seasons, Independence bowl losses, and 3-5 more losses to UGA. If a team like Boise St can be in the BCS conversation, so can GT (esp. since our conference is the nation's weakest...yet we get a gift BCS invite for winning it).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next