Hey Tony, Site is great but..

Post Reply  
Moderatorbaiter
Posts: 24492
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005
Sand$: 6,211.34
LVSharks wrote:I think there should be a weekly "Gridguru and LVSharks Talkin' Football" feature article. It would be filled with helpful insight and witty banter that only would enhance the overall tank experience for everyone. :D


Tony is looking for stuff that will bring people to the site, not drive them away.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 19062
Joined: Sun Sep 4, 2005
Sand$: 8,066.62
StoneCutter wrote:
LVSharks wrote:I think there should be a weekly "Gridguru and LVSharks Talkin' Football" feature article. It would be filled with helpful insight and witty banter that only would enhance the overall tank experience for everyone. :D


Tony is looking for stuff that will bring people to the site, not drive them away.


:( There would be a special "@$%$^ Stonecutter Says" segment... :D
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20136
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005
Sand$: 53,869.06
LVSharks wrote:I think there should be a weekly "Gridguru and LVSharks Talkin' Football" feature article. It would be filled with helpful insight and witty banter that only would enhance the overall tank experience for everyone. :D


Why would anyone want to listen to you talking to yourself?
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 46073
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 42,420.76
JimHart wrote:
LVSharks wrote:I think there should be a weekly "Gridguru and LVSharks Talkin' Football" feature article. It would be filled with helpful insight and witty banter that only would enhance the overall tank experience for everyone. :D


Why would anyone want to listen to you talking to yourself?


Roses are red, violets are blue,
I'm schizophrenic and so am I!
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 19062
Joined: Sun Sep 4, 2005
Sand$: 8,066.62
I also think a more relevant league to determine the "Site Champion" would be a welcome change.
User avatar
Leopard Shark
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Dec 2, 2004
Sand$: 544.00
It seems the title has disappeared under my name, maybe it was only a temporary thing, but it was cool. Any chance of bringing that back, ex. (2009 Swim with the Sharks Champion)
_______________________________________

I never said it was your fault, I said I am blaming you!!
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6801
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 10,389.60
It seems to me that if the rules were loosened on creating polls in the WSIS thread it could generate more responses. As a newbie I have found I often will answer the polls in every forum even if I don't have the time or desire to read all the posts. IMHO this could de-junk the Main Tank while creating a even more user-friendly site.

Tony--I think this is the best FF site on the planet. The insight in the forums is tremendous !
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 46073
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 42,420.76
bluemist wrote:It seems to me that if the rules were loosened on creating polls in the WSIS thread it could generate more responses. As a newbie I have found I often will answer the polls in every forum even if I don't have the time or desire to read all the posts. IMHO this could de-junk the Main Tank while creating a even more user-friendly site.

Tony--I think this is the best FF site on the planet. The insight in the forums is tremendous !


I think you're right that it would generate more responses. Do you look at the number of votes or look for logical reasons why to start or not start someone? If it's just a name I pretty much ignore the reply.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6801
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 10,389.60
Not sure I understand your question,pw. In WSIS I look at any opinions on my players, paying particular attention to some opinions more than others of course.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 46073
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 42,420.76
bluemist wrote:Not sure I understand your question,pw. In WSIS I look at any opinions on my players, paying particular attention to some opinions more than others of course.


Yet you still answered it. :wink:

Usually if the response is just Player X I don't really give it much credit, unless it's a big brained shark that I respect. I do look for interesting feedback with logic or interesting takes.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4995
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008
Sand$: 320,245.24
Before the site upgrade, it seemed I would stay logged in indefinitely. Now it doesn't last very long, and seems to ask me to re-login at very inopportune times, such as after I've just clicked submit on a massive post - it gets wiped out unless I click back and copy/paste it into a new post.

I know there is a variable, a number of seconds for a login session to expire, but anyway to set that to the maximum? It definitely doesn't work as well as it did with the old version of phpbb.

Also, can you make the member list sortable by sand? I need to encourage some of the whales here to make more sand bets.
_______________________________________

User avatar
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun Sep 9, 2007
Sand$: 2,104.02
Didn't read everything but the Dynasty forum should be looked at. I think it would be great if the Trade/Waiver Dynasty questions should be in a sub forum so the main forum could be discussions about certain players and strategy etc.

.02

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests