FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 12.20.2014, 11:33

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed 10.06.2010, 11:20 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 546
Donate
oak.gif
Any thoughts on this group?

Fairly reliable picks:
Antero Nittymaki
Jonas Hiler
Steve Mason
Kari Lehtonen
Chris Mason

?'s:
Gustavsson
Jonathan Bernier

TE: Jermichael Finley, Pitta

PostPosted: Wed 10.06.2010, 16:34 
Tiger Shark

Donate
oak.gif
I'm going to reply to my own post. Not giving up on some sort of hockey forum this season!

1. Nittymaki: has a head start on Niemi. Could secure a favorable amount of time in the timeshare with good play out the gate.
2/3. Steve Mason/ Jonas Hiller - Really can't decide here.
4. Kari Lehtonen?
5. Chris Mason
6. Gustavsson
7. *Bernier

*Will move up if Quick starts slow. Has a great chance to become a starter.

PostPosted: Thu 10.07.2010, 14:35 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 20910
Donate
buf.gif
I don't really like any of them and would go out of my way to draft two better goalies before anyone else. They aren't going to get you very many wins and their GAA/Save% could cost you matchups.

PostPosted: Thu 10.07.2010, 17:47 
Tiger Shark

Donate
oak.gif
Yeah...I thought that was my plan going in to the draft, but too many great forwards were being ignored early on in my league. So I kept snatching up... I ended up with Kiprusoff, Hiller, and Nittymaki, but I'm wondering if I should drop Nitty for one of these guys, or just roll with the other two with no 3rd and go for some more of the talent in waivers. Kubina's sitting around, and so are a few others that I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on.

Any thoughts on the strategy of carrying a third goalie, or any of those wingers, etc. that I listed would definitely be appreciated, too. Thanks. :D

PostPosted: Thu 10.07.2010, 22:44 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 20910
Donate
buf.gif
I think a 3rd goalie is critical as there just isn't enough depth out there. Talk about position scarcity, there are only 30 starting goalies and maybe 8 of them aren't worth owning except as no other alternative.

I think you've got decent goaltending. Kiprusoff is a high G1, Hiller is a G2/3 and Nittymaki is still fighting for the starting position. You could do worse.

PostPosted: Fri 10.08.2010, 00:47 
Tiger Shark

Donate
oak.gif
panachevitz wrote:
I think a 3rd goalie is critical as there just isn't enough depth out there. Talk about position scarcity, there are only 30 starting goalies and maybe 8 of them aren't worth owning except as no other alternative.

I think you've got decent goaltending. Kiprusoff is a high G1, Hiller is a G2/3 and Nittymaki is still fighting for the starting position. You could do worse.

Good. Cool. That's how I felt, but wasn't sure whether to carry the 3rd. Actually got Hiller off FA after the draft!

By the way, love the Brock pic.

PostPosted: Fri 10.08.2010, 14:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6724
Donate
I'd roll with Nitty for now and definitely keep an eye on Bernier as he has the skills to take over the starting job. Also you definitely need to keep an eye on Kubina and probably even scoop him up now. From what I hear Tampa's PP1 will consist of 4 forwards and Kubina as the quarterback. So...Stamkos, Lecavalier, St Louis, Gagne...and your defenseman running it all...thats something I'd like a piece of.

RB: Ellington, Bradshaw, Ball, Hillman, Ingram, Sims, Mason
WR: Demaryius, Kelvin, Baldwin
TE: Gronk, Daniels

PostPosted: Fri 10.08.2010, 15:15 
Tiger Shark

Donate
oak.gif
WasteOfTime wrote:
I'd roll with Nitty for now and definitely keep an eye on Bernier as he has the skills to take over the starting job. Also you definitely need to keep an eye on Kubina and probably even scoop him up now. From what I hear Tampa's PP1 will consist of 4 forwards and Kubina as the quarterback. So...Stamkos, Lecavalier, St Louis, Gagne...and your defenseman running it all...thats something I'd like a piece of.

I love it. Grabbing him today. I was going to go with Bieksa as a fallback if he disappears, as it looks like he'll start the season on the top unit and PP with the Sedins.

Since I liked so many guys in the D pool and saw Eberle in FA, I dropped Suter and only have 3 Dmen. Who would you drop from this group for Kubina:

Setoguchi
Doan
Penner
Eberle

Side question (Sorry for hijacking the goalie discussion):

Would you drop Yandle or Seabrook for Bieksa?

PostPosted: Fri 10.08.2010, 21:13 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6724
Donate
I'd probably drop Setoguchi from that group.

In regards to the second question, Seabrook isn't really a good fantasy defenseman. Excellent "actual" defenseman though. I'm not sure what type of league you're in but I'm in a points league and he doesn't score or assist much at all. So unless you need time on ice or blocks or some other Roto stat, I'd get rid of him. I haven't heard much good about Bieksa either. I have heard good things about Ehrhoff and Edler taking up a lot of PP time so that wont leave much for Biek.

Keep Yandle on your squad for sure he is a guy that likes to pinch up and play a little offense.

RB: Ellington, Bradshaw, Ball, Hillman, Ingram, Sims, Mason
WR: Demaryius, Kelvin, Baldwin
TE: Gronk, Daniels

PostPosted: Fri 10.08.2010, 23:57 
Tiger Shark

Donate
oak.gif
WasteOfTime wrote:
I'd probably drop Setoguchi from that group.

In regards to the second question, Seabrook isn't really a good fantasy defenseman. Excellent "actual" defenseman though. I'm not sure what type of league you're in but I'm in a points league and he doesn't score or assist much at all. So unless you need time on ice or blocks or some other Roto stat, I'd get rid of him. I haven't heard much good about Bieksa either. I have heard good things about Ehrhoff and Edler taking up a lot of PP time so that wont leave much for Biek.

Keep Yandle on your squad for sure he is a guy that likes to pinch up and play a little offense.

Okay; so dropped Seto for Kubina. I'm going to roll with Mike Green, Kubina, Yandle, and right now Seabrook. My thoughts and the things I've read on Seabrook are that he's a consistent 30 point guy with more upside this year because of his linemate Keith and the Chi powerplay. But, I am definitely trying to get as strong as possible at all positions.

My offense is just dirty, (Stamkos, Stastny, Marleau, Ryan, Semin, Pavelski with Duchene (who I heard Stastny referring to as Duchy :lol: ), Doan, Eberle, Zajac and Penner on the bench and Mueller on IR).

Of these guys, who do you like more than Seabrook?

Jovanovski
Wisniewski
Subban
Edler
Letang
Foster
Demers
Burns
Liles
Barker
Corvo
Suter
Vlasic

PostPosted: Thu 11.18.2010, 14:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10680
Donate
den.gif
R8erNation wrote:
Any thoughts on the strategy of carrying a third goalie, or any of those wingers, etc. that I listed would definitely be appreciated, too. Thanks. :D

I like to go with 2 goalies, but had to pick up another this year because Brodeur is sucking. Usually I pick 2 good goalies early and just 4 defense then load up on forwards. There are lots of great late round forwards that aren't consistent, but will get you points if you don't have to depend on them every night. If you change line-up daily then you have more games played if you have more forwards to pick from.

PostPosted: Sat 11.20.2010, 20:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21267
Donate
ne.gif
sport.nut wrote:
R8erNation wrote:

I like to go with 2 goalies, but had to pick up another this year because Brodeur is sucking. Usually I pick 2 good goalies early and just 4 defense then load up on forwards. There are lots of great late round forwards that aren't consistent, but will get you points if you don't have to depend on them every night. If you change line-up daily then you have more games played if you have more forwards to pick from.

I always run with 3 goalies. As mentioned above, if you can get at least one great one and a couple to rotate then you're golden. Unless you can get two tops tenders...then I'd say run with 3.

PostPosted: Sun 11.28.2010, 21:05 
Tiger Shark

Donate
oak.gif
honingskills wrote:
sport.nut wrote:
R8erNation wrote:

I always run with 3 goalies. As mentioned above, if you can get at least one great one and a couple to rotate then you're golden. Unless you can get two tops tenders...then I'd say run with 3.

Made some moves (Neuvirth who I got from waivers for Ryan Miller), and now have Ryan Miller and Kipper. Would you hold on to Bobrovsky as a third as well?