Deron Williams traded

Megalodon
Sand$: 17,525.18
To NJ. Utah gets Devon Harris and Favors. GSW gets Troy Murphy and i guess picks are involved too.

<blurb><blurb>

On 10/3/08 Huckleberry wrote:

Something we can agree on DaKlute.
Megalodon
Sand$: 31,194.46
DaKlute wrote:To NJ. Utah gets Devon Harris and Favors. GSW gets Troy Murphy and i guess picks are involved too.

yea we apparently sent 2 1st rounders according to rotoworld to utah in the deal.

Megalodon
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6150419

The deal, scheduled for completion later Wednesday after a trade call with the league office, would also involve the Golden State Warriors and bring multiple draft picks to Utah.

Megalodon
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/new-je ... d-williams

The Nets came out of nowhere Wednesday morning and acquired superstar point guard Deron Williams in a blockbuster trade with the Utah Jazz. Not only that, they gave up less than they would've given up for Anthony (two firsts, instead of four) while stealing some of the New York Knicks' thunder in the process.

Anthony is set to make his Madison Square Garden debut Wednesday night.

There's just one caveat that separates this move from being a layup to a slam dunk, and that's Williams signing an extension. He is slated to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2011-12 season.

According to some of my colleagues at ESPN, Williams cannot sign an extension with the Nets until July 9, 2011 if the rules stay the same under the current CBA. Williams signed an extension with the Jazz on July 9, 2008, and, per NBA regulations, must wait three years after the previous extension is signed. That is, of course, if the current CBA still exists by that date.

Megalodon
huge gamble by nj. i bet they are banking on dwill being willing to be the star in brooklyn.

<blurb><blurb>

Megalodon
DaKlute wrote:huge gamble by nj. i bet they are banking on dwill being willing to be the star in brooklyn.

yea I like the move though. you get one of the best pg's in the league although we gave up some talent for him.

Sand$: 5,144.27
jetsman2806 wrote:
DaKlute wrote:huge gamble by nj. i bet they are banking on dwill being willing to be the star in brooklyn.

yea I like the move though. you get one of the best pg's in the league although we gave up some talent for him.

It's only a good deal if he stays.

All things considered, the Nets go the better player between Melo and Deron.
Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:

It's only a good deal if he stays.

All things considered, the Nets go the better player between Melo and Deron.

agree on all fronts

<blurb><blurb>

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 114,475.72
Didn't see that trade coming, but its a good one for Jersey if they can sign him.

2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 306,250.89
i would bet they sign him if they can pull another player in the mix from free agency. they still have a bunch of high picks and have a promising future and i bet they had a pretty good feeling he would sign or they wouldnt have made the move.

Image Image

Megalodon
Budmonsan wrote:i would bet they sign him if they can pull another player in the mix from free agency. they still have a bunch of high picks and have a promising future and i bet they had a pretty good feeling he would sign or they wouldnt have made the move.

they have a good young center, the second best pg in the nba (i still put nash as bes), a new areana in brooklyn in '12 and a very rich owner who wants to win. they should be an attractive destination for fa's.

<blurb><blurb>

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 306,250.89
DaKlute wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:i would bet they sign him if they can pull another player in the mix from free agency. they still have a bunch of high picks and have a promising future and i bet they had a pretty good feeling he would sign or they wouldnt have made the move.

they have a good young center, the second best pg in the nba (i still put nash as bes), a new areana in brooklyn in '12 and a very rich owner who wants to win. they should be an attractive destination for fa's.

all they need to do is get one other top player to come here and they will keep him and be all set!

Image Image

Megalodon
Budmonsan wrote:
DaKlute wrote:

all they need to do is get one other top player to come here and they will keep him and be all set!

bring superman in!!!

can u imagine a Lopez,Howard,DWill trio?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 114,475.72
Williams didn't sound too thrilled to be in Jersey in his press conference :roll: :lol:

2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Sand$: 5,144.27
SnakeStabler wrote:Williams didn't sound too thrilled to be in Jersey in his press conference :roll: :lol:

No one is ever thrilled to be in Jersey