Josh Hamilton out 6-8 weeks

Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,836.26
Josh Hamilton will miss 6-8 weeks with a non-displaced fracture of humerus bone in his right shoulder.

Bad, bad news for one of the game's most talented players. We figured Hamilton would miss time at some point during the season, but this injury could wipe almost two whole months off the calendar. It will be a month before he even swings a bat. Chris Davis will take his place on the active roster while David Murphy will draw most of the starts in left field.
Source: Jon Paul Morosi on Twitter Apr 12, 6:36 PM

NFL Challenge- GBP
LoT- Roman
Megalodon
Sand$: 2.00
I will have to look for the play on youtube. Apparently Hamilton was criticizing the 3B coach for sending him home.

Didn't look as bad as I thought it would have, but he came down on the arm pretty hard. Not a good thing to happen when you're team is rolling like Texas was/is.

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
Great White Shark
Sand$: 20,212.28
I thought it was a good play to run on. The pitcher never covered home so it was a smart baseball move if you thought Hamilton could outrun the catcher to home. Of course the 3B coach should known Hamilton would shatter like a porcelain doll when thrown to the ground.... :roll:

Sigs by NJ.

2011 House of Purgatory Champion - #1 in points, #2 overall record
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,078.00
Dingo wrote:I thought it was a good play to run on. The pitcher never covered home so it was a smart baseball move if you thought Hamilton could outrun the catcher to home. Of course the 3B coach should known Hamilton would shatter like a porcelain doll when thrown to the ground.... :roll:

Same here I thought it was a shot to try and go home, I think what might have got him though was sliding head first instead of feet first
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10.00
The worst thing about Hamilton's injuries is that with his addictions, he is probably limited to baby aspirin for the pain...

punch me in the face....
Megalodon
Sand$: 37,959.60
tha1000 wrote:The worst thing about Hamilton's injuries is that with his addictions, he is probably limited to baby aspirin for the pain...

The worst thing about Hamilton's injuries is that they result in only getting half a useful season (you hope) from your 2nd/3rd round pick.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Sand$: 104,902.90
hard 10 wrote:
tha1000 wrote:The worst thing about Hamilton's injuries is that with his addictions, he is probably limited to baby aspirin for the pain...

The worst thing about Hamilton's injuries is that they result in only getting half a useful season (you hope) from your 2nd/3rd round pick.

That's what years of heavy drug use will do to the body, breaks down too easily and quickly. I get that head first slides lead to injury at scary high rates, but that specific play should not have broken the arm of a 20 something athlete.

Follow me @mchamberlin32
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10.00
OarChambo wrote:
hard 10 wrote:

That's what years of heavy drug use will do to the body, breaks down too easily and quickly. I get that head first slides lead to injury at scary high rates, but that specific play should not have broken the arm of a 20 something athlete.

I'd never draft meth head if money were on the line.

punch me in the face....