FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 12.21.2014, 10:51

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri 04.01.2011, 15:50 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 03.28.2008, 14:43
Posts: 17052
Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Well it looks like at best the state will pony up 300 mill. County needs to come up with 300 mill. Then ziggy needs to come up with 300 mill.

Ziggy says it's a "good start"

Given a 5-6.5 billion dollar deficit in the state coffers. I doubt the offer gets any better.

Buh Bye Vikings.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 04.04.2011, 11:43 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 10.18.2006, 14:09
Posts: 5552
Sand$: 267
Donate
Location: The Great Northwest
gb.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
Well it looks like at best the state will pony up 300 mill. County needs to come up with 300 mill. Then ziggy needs to come up with 300 mill.

Ziggy says it's a "good start"

Given a 5-6.5 billion dollar deficit in the state coffers. I doubt the offer gets any better.

Buh Bye Vikings.


This has got me bumming. In the end, I like the traditions and have a lot of respect for the history between the Vikes and Packers. What a shame if it happens. I can only imagine what fans are going through. Too rough.

So what's the time frame on this? Next season, if there is one? Are they going to L.A., and what does that do to the division set ups.

_________________
I have a gambling problem. I never win.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 04.04.2011, 12:50 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 03.28.2008, 14:43
Posts: 17052
Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
fishfry wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
Well it looks like at best the state will pony up 300 mill. County needs to come up with 300 mill. Then ziggy needs to come up with 300 mill.

Ziggy says it's a "good start"

Given a 5-6.5 billion dollar deficit in the state coffers. I doubt the offer gets any better.

Buh Bye Vikings.


This has got me bumming. In the end, I like the traditions and have a lot of respect for the history between the Vikes and Packers. What a shame if it happens. I can only imagine what fans are going through. Too rough.

So what's the time frame on this? Next season, if there is one? Are they going to L.A., and what does that do to the division set ups.


Well with out a special session handling the vikes stadium issue. It means nothing moves forward till next Jan. So they would have to fast track a bill. I think if the vikes are going to move we are looking at a team deadline of Feb or March to annouce the move. So next year Jan through Feb is critical.

once the ball gets moving on the vikes leaving you will see the state legislature back way from this like a herpies ridden whore. They don't want any part of this mess and the sooner they can depart from this problem the happier they would be.

Then we look forward to the Jags in 2016 as a possible relocation spot. Then maybe ..maybe realignment KC to AFC south Vikes to AFC west and Minnesota jags to the Norris. But that sounds so sketchy who knows.

I just put the vikes in minnesota to staying at less then 20%. We don't have a local partner who has 300 mill. If ziggy took the anoka deal it would have been done already. When times were better. I don't see the states offer of 300 mill rising and it also has ziggy putting in 300 mill himself. I don't see that happening either. No local partner having 300 mill the minnesota state legislature quickly ducked the issue.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 05.07.2011, 02:45 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sun 11.06.2005, 18:27
Posts: 18062
Sand$: 2
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
They just need to build this damn stadium on that old ammunitions factory. It's been sitting there forever not doing anybody any good.

Get it DONE, Zygi!

_________________
University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions


"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 05.09.2011, 08:52 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.06.2005, 07:51
Posts: 32074
Sand$: 120237
Donate
Location: where the red furn grows
min.gif
^^^ that.. It just makes too much damned sense.

_________________
"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 05.09.2011, 15:16 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 03.28.2008, 14:43
Posts: 17052
Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Two parties vying for a vikings stadium... I am one happy man right now.

Till I see my PSL bill.

I got a major upgrade in seat this year. I am guessing a few people have jumped ship with Favre. I moved over a section improved by 4 rows and 6 seats. 50 yard line! Well almost Last year 20 yard line.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 05.10.2011, 14:31 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.06.2005, 07:51
Posts: 32074
Sand$: 120237
Donate
Location: where the red furn grows
min.gif
Posted 1 hour ago

Eden Prairie, MN (May 10, 2011) – Officials from Ramsey County and the Minnesota Vikings will hold a press conference today at 3:00 p.m. CST at the Ramsey County Public Works Facility.

Fans will be able to watch the press conference live on vikings.com and later will be able to view the on-demand version of the video.

WHO
Ramsey County Commissioners Tony Bennett and Rafael Ortega
Vikings Owners Zygi Wilf and Mark Wilf
Hall of Fame Former Head Coach Bud Grant
Vikings Legend Defensive End Jim Marshall
Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier

WHERE
Ramsey County Public Works Facility in Arden Hills

WHEN
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
3:00 p.m. CST

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/R ... 52c19174d6

_________________
"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 05.11.2011, 17:55 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sun 11.06.2005, 18:27
Posts: 18062
Sand$: 2
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
Yes, yes, yes to the Arden Hills site. I was listening to the FAN today, PA was talking a lot about it, and played some bits from the press conference. 21,000 parking spaces around the stadium sounds awesome.

Quote from Common Man the other day: "We don't need another downtown, skyline view stadium! If you want to look at tall structures sitting there doing nothing during a Vikings game, just watch Bryant McKinnie!!" :lol: :lol:

I really hope that they get the bid, and not Minneapolis. Downtown stadiums are nice, I think it works for the Wild at the X and the Twins at Target Field, but football definitely needs plenty of room to tailgate. I went to KC (Kauffman Stadium and Arrowhead are right next to each other, in the middle of a HUGE parking lot.) for a Twins-Royals game, and it was fun to tailgate out in the parking lot before the game. And that was for a Royals game, I bet that place is hopping before Chiefs games!

I rarely drive on that side of the metro, but I've heard that area (especially 694) needs new roads, so that will have to be done, but that shouldn't be a big deal. I will psyched if they get this done.

_________________
University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions


"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 05.11.2011, 19:37 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 03.28.2008, 14:43
Posts: 17052
Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:
Yes, yes, yes to the Arden Hills site. I was listening to the FAN today, PA was talking a lot about it, and played some bits from the press conference. 21,000 parking spaces around the stadium sounds awesome.

Quote from Common Man the other day: "We don't need another downtown, skyline view stadium! If you want to look at tall structures sitting there doing nothing during a Vikings game, just watch Bryant McKinnie!!" :lol: :lol:

I really hope that they get the bid, and not Minneapolis. Downtown stadiums are nice, I think it works for the Wild at the X and the Twins at Target Field, but football definitely needs plenty of room to tailgate. I went to KC (Kauffman Stadium and Arrowhead are right next to each other, in the middle of a HUGE parking lot.) for a Twins-Royals game, and it was fun to tailgate out in the parking lot before the game. And that was for a Royals game, I bet that place is hopping before Chiefs games!

I rarely drive on that side of the metro, but I've heard that area (especially 694) needs new roads, so that will have to be done, but that shouldn't be a big deal. I will psyched if they get this done.


awesome!
Dayton stands behind the plan. I am guessing Goodell gave Dayton a call and hinted a SB might head our way once it's done. 2016! That should cover the states investment. plus the fact that we really will be ponying up close to 750 to 850 million make the NFL very happy.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group