FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 12.21.2014, 10:51

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri 04.01.2011, 15:50 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Well it looks like at best the state will pony up 300 mill. County needs to come up with 300 mill. Then ziggy needs to come up with 300 mill.

Ziggy says it's a "good start"

Given a 5-6.5 billion dollar deficit in the state coffers. I doubt the offer gets any better.

Buh Bye Vikings.

PostPosted: Mon 04.04.2011, 11:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 267
Donate
gb.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
Well it looks like at best the state will pony up 300 mill. County needs to come up with 300 mill. Then ziggy needs to come up with 300 mill.

Given a 5-6.5 billion dollar deficit in the state coffers. I doubt the offer gets any better.

Buh Bye Vikings.

This has got me bumming. In the end, I like the traditions and have a lot of respect for the history between the Vikes and Packers. What a shame if it happens. I can only imagine what fans are going through. Too rough.

So what's the time frame on this? Next season, if there is one? Are they going to L.A., and what does that do to the division set ups.

PostPosted: Mon 04.04.2011, 12:50 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
fishfry wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:

Buh Bye Vikings.

This has got me bumming. In the end, I like the traditions and have a lot of respect for the history between the Vikes and Packers. What a shame if it happens. I can only imagine what fans are going through. Too rough.

So what's the time frame on this? Next season, if there is one? Are they going to L.A., and what does that do to the division set ups.

Well with out a special session handling the vikes stadium issue. It means nothing moves forward till next Jan. So they would have to fast track a bill. I think if the vikes are going to move we are looking at a team deadline of Feb or March to annouce the move. So next year Jan through Feb is critical.

once the ball gets moving on the vikes leaving you will see the state legislature back way from this like a herpies ridden whore. They don't want any part of this mess and the sooner they can depart from this problem the happier they would be.

Then we look forward to the Jags in 2016 as a possible relocation spot. Then maybe ..maybe realignment KC to AFC south Vikes to AFC west and Minnesota jags to the Norris. But that sounds so sketchy who knows.

I just put the vikes in minnesota to staying at less then 20%. We don't have a local partner who has 300 mill. If ziggy took the anoka deal it would have been done already. When times were better. I don't see the states offer of 300 mill rising and it also has ziggy putting in 300 mill himself. I don't see that happening either. No local partner having 300 mill the minnesota state legislature quickly ducked the issue.

PostPosted: Sat 05.07.2011, 02:45 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 2
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
They just need to build this damn stadium on that old ammunitions factory. It's been sitting there forever not doing anybody any good.

Get it DONE, Zygi!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

PostPosted: Mon 05.09.2011, 08:52 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 120237
Donate
min.gif
^^^ that.. It just makes too much damned sense.

PostPosted: Mon 05.09.2011, 15:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Two parties vying for a vikings stadium... I am one happy man right now.

Till I see my PSL bill.

I got a major upgrade in seat this year. I am guessing a few people have jumped ship with Favre. I moved over a section improved by 4 rows and 6 seats. 50 yard line! Well almost Last year 20 yard line.

PostPosted: Tue 05.10.2011, 14:31 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 120237
Donate
min.gif
Posted 1 hour ago

Eden Prairie, MN (May 10, 2011) – Officials from Ramsey County and the Minnesota Vikings will hold a press conference today at 3:00 p.m. CST at the Ramsey County Public Works Facility.

Fans will be able to watch the press conference live on vikings.com and later will be able to view the on-demand version of the video.

WHO
Ramsey County Commissioners Tony Bennett and Rafael Ortega
Vikings Owners Zygi Wilf and Mark Wilf
Hall of Fame Former Head Coach Bud Grant
Vikings Legend Defensive End Jim Marshall
Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier

WHERE
Ramsey County Public Works Facility in Arden Hills

WHEN
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
3:00 p.m. CST

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/R ... 52c19174d6

PostPosted: Wed 05.11.2011, 17:55 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 2
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
Yes, yes, yes to the Arden Hills site. I was listening to the FAN today, PA was talking a lot about it, and played some bits from the press conference. 21,000 parking spaces around the stadium sounds awesome.

Quote from Common Man the other day: "We don't need another downtown, skyline view stadium! If you want to look at tall structures sitting there doing nothing during a Vikings game, just watch Bryant McKinnie!!" :lol: :lol:

I really hope that they get the bid, and not Minneapolis. Downtown stadiums are nice, I think it works for the Wild at the X and the Twins at Target Field, but football definitely needs plenty of room to tailgate. I went to KC (Kauffman Stadium and Arrowhead are right next to each other, in the middle of a HUGE parking lot.) for a Twins-Royals game, and it was fun to tailgate out in the parking lot before the game. And that was for a Royals game, I bet that place is hopping before Chiefs games!

I rarely drive on that side of the metro, but I've heard that area (especially 694) needs new roads, so that will have to be done, but that shouldn't be a big deal. I will psyched if they get this done.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

PostPosted: Wed 05.11.2011, 19:37 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:
Yes, yes, yes to the Arden Hills site. I was listening to the FAN today, PA was talking a lot about it, and played some bits from the press conference. 21,000 parking spaces around the stadium sounds awesome.

Quote from Common Man the other day: "We don't need another downtown, skyline view stadium! If you want to look at tall structures sitting there doing nothing during a Vikings game, just watch Bryant McKinnie!!" :lol: :lol:

I really hope that they get the bid, and not Minneapolis. Downtown stadiums are nice, I think it works for the Wild at the X and the Twins at Target Field, but football definitely needs plenty of room to tailgate. I went to KC (Kauffman Stadium and Arrowhead are right next to each other, in the middle of a HUGE parking lot.) for a Twins-Royals game, and it was fun to tailgate out in the parking lot before the game. And that was for a Royals game, I bet that place is hopping before Chiefs games!

I rarely drive on that side of the metro, but I've heard that area (especially 694) needs new roads, so that will have to be done, but that shouldn't be a big deal. I will psyched if they get this done.

awesome!
Dayton stands behind the plan. I am guessing Goodell gave Dayton a call and hinted a SB might head our way once it's done. 2016! That should cover the states investment. plus the fact that we really will be ponying up close to 750 to 850 million make the NFL very happy.