FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 11.28.2014, 11:53

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup?
Poll ended at Wed 06.01.2011, 18:52
Bruins in 4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Canucks in 4 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Bruins in 5 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Canucks in 5 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Bruins in 6 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Canucks in 6 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Bruins in 7 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Canucks in 7 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4
PostPosted: Fri 06.03.2011, 06:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1435
Donate
oak.gif
OK - this is tough for me...... Bruins - Canucks is my dream matchup for the Stanley Cup. I live in Vancouver and have followed the Canucks since they broke into the league in '70...... My favorite team since I was a kid though is Boston - when I started playing hockey at 6 years old the Bruins were dominant and winning cups........ Bobby Orr, Esposito, Cheevers......... man I loved those teams.

I always wondered who I'd cheer for if they ever matched up in the finals............ pretty early on in game 1 I realized my homer instincts had kicked in and I was instinctively pulling for the 'nucks.

Unfortunately for me I'm working in Bangkok for the summer and it's next to impossible to catch a game. They start at 7:00 in the morning and except for the weekend games I'm working :( I did blow off work for game 1 though and watched it live on NHL.com - what an ending!!!!!!!

I found a bar that's going to open early and show the game with breakfast on Sunday morning so that should be cool.

Anyway - Canucks in 7

PostPosted: Fri 06.03.2011, 09:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10676
Donate
den.gif
canadianraiderfan wrote:
OK - this is tough for me...... Bruins - Canucks is my dream matchup for the Stanley Cup.

Hey CRF how you doing!

I have to admit I am a bit of a Bruin fan. I really like Tim Thomas and I have been a big fan of Lucic since his days with the Giants. I am a lock for my playoff pool because I have 5 Bruins including Thomas and Kreici which is going to net me $250. My closest competitor is 22 points back and has 3 Canucks. That being said it's all Canucks for me at this point!

PostPosted: Fri 06.03.2011, 09:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
oak.gif
sport.nut wrote:
canadianraiderfan wrote:
OK - this is tough for me...... Bruins - Canucks is my dream matchup for the Stanley Cup.

Hey CRF how you doing!

I have to admit I am a bit of a Bruin fan. I really like Tim Thomas and I have been a big fan of Lucic since his days with the Giants. I am a lock for my playoff pool because I have 5 Bruins including Thomas and Kreici which is going to net me $250. My closest competitor is 22 points back and has 3 Canucks. That being said it's all Canucks for me at this point!

I'm good. Stuck in Bangkok for the summer so I'm missing the playoffs but other than that............. Wife and kid are joining me in a couple of weeks when school gets out so that's good - how bout you? Oh; and I'm a huge Lucic fan as well; pretty much the prototypical Bruin

Last edited by canadianraiderfan on Fri 06.03.2011, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 06.03.2011, 09:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1062
Donate
I think the Canucks are finally going to win one. Luongo better not falter tho. Thomas is playing lights out. Great game 1. I thought it was headed to OT for sure.

Lots of chippy action in the 2nd, refs swallowed whistle in the 3rd. Love playoff hockey.

Vancouver PP better be better. Both teams wasted good PP chances. I wasn't impressed with the Canucks PP at all.. dunno how they ranked up that high if that's all they do.

PostPosted: Fri 06.03.2011, 09:59 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
oak.gif
GeekShark wrote:
I think the Canucks are finally going to win one. Luongo better not falter tho. Thomas is playing lights out. Great game 1. I thought it was headed to OT for sure.

Lots of chippy action in the 2nd, refs swallowed whistle in the 3rd. Love playoff hockey.

Vancouver PP better be better. Both teams wasted good PP chances. I wasn't impressed with the Canucks PP at all.. dunno how they ranked up that high if that's all they do.

Bruins did a nice job shutting down the PP....... there's always 2 sides to the coin - your PP can be great but if their PK is better you aint gonna score. The third period was by far the most entertaining part of the game; I hope they just go ahead and put the whisltes in their pocket the rest of the series............ 12 power plays in the first 2 periods just about ruined the game.

PostPosted: Fri 06.03.2011, 13:12 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2665
Donate
sea.gif
If you are a Canucks fan you should want the Bruins to be on a powerplay.... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri 06.03.2011, 14:36 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 2
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
I was excited to watch the game tonight, only to find out that it's in tomorrow, not tonight :x

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

PostPosted: Sun 06.05.2011, 20:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18468
Donate
Location: Somewhere between the Principality of Sealand and Migrate, KY
ne.gif
Another hard fought battle on Saturday with another disappointing ending. Spent most of the 3rd period yelling at the TV everytime a Bruins player misplayed the puck in the defensive end and needlessly turned it over. Ridiculously sloppy. Game 2 wasn't a must win situation, but Game 3 will be if they want to have any chance. Hoping that the home ice advantage actually parlays into an advantage.

Also, if you take Rebecca Mader (the red-headed chick from the later seasons of "Lost") and give her a haircut, a beard, and an enema, you get either of the Sedin twins.

PostPosted: Mon 06.06.2011, 09:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2665
Donate
sea.gif
Turnovers and fatigue - thats my take....

I agree on the 3rd period play....I know their style is a defensive one but come on....

The Bruins need to score a couple of goals early (easier said then done) and keep up the pressure tonight. I'd like to see the 3rd line factor into the scoring as well.

PostPosted: Mon 06.06.2011, 14:39 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 20902
Donate
buf.gif
They could have won game 2, but just couldn't hold on to the lead. If Vancouver wins game 3 in Boston, game over.

PostPosted: Mon 06.06.2011, 20:44 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 119223
Donate
min.gif
Vancouvers looking flat.. wow. just saw a few guys stand there and watch a puck trickle by..

SCORE - Bruins as I type this .. now 12-0 Bruins

lol... funny

PostPosted: Mon 06.06.2011, 21:22 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 2
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
Wow, I was surprised to see Boston up 4-0 when I got home. Glad they were able to get game 3 though, hopefully they can even it up in game 4!

Hoping for a game 7! :thumbright:

edit: whole period left. Hopefully I don't eat crow for that second sentence :lol:

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

PostPosted: Mon 06.06.2011, 21:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
*THIS* is Bruins hockey, boys! 5-0 with 7 minutes to go in the game, and a whole bunch of game misconducts. Burrows is getting his just "desserts"... pity the douche doesn't want all the finger food being offered to him. Thomas is once again superman. We've got a series on our hands, and we're not going to lose in our house tonight!

PostPosted: Mon 06.06.2011, 22:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 119223
Donate
min.gif
If Vancouver bent over any further tonight this game will be replayed as pay per view pron

but congrats on the beat down 'W' Dropkick :wink:

PostPosted: Mon 06.06.2011, 22:12 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
*lol* Don't congratulate me. I'm just a spectator....an enthusiastic one currently, but just another passenger on the bandwagon. Loved the energy the B's brought to this game. And they shattered Luongo's confidence... if the Bruins can score in the 1st period on Wednesday he'll be ruined for the rest of that game. I just hope they didn't blow their entire load tonight and saved a few more goals for the rest of the series. This kind of game gives me hope though because games 1 and 2 were very winnable battles as the visiting team. After this beatdown, Vancouver can't feel too good about their chances of winning in Boston.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next