FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 11.22.2014, 05:22

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat 06.18.2011, 14:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10
Donate
no.gif
marty1841 wrote:
Trading away goldy in SSB is still one of my biggest regrets....and he's been tearing it up all year.

Still reading conflicting reports about his potential, but damn if this year hasn't completely made me a believer.

Maybe Allen can stick as an OF now :(

I figured he'd be on the first bus to AAA after the AA all-star game on the 21st with Allen headed to the bigs...

PostPosted: Sat 06.18.2011, 18:52 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 2
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
Marty, have you heard of Miguel Sano at all?

He's a Twins prospect that is getting some hype on a couple Minnesota sports forums, from what I've gathered he is a long way out. Just wondering if you have even heard of the guy, and if he is high enough (I think he's in A ball) for you to formulate an opinion on.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

PostPosted: Sat 06.18.2011, 22:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 175389
Donate
dal.gif
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:

He's a Twins prospect that is getting some hype on a couple Minnesota sports forums, from what I've gathered he is a long way out. Just wondering if you have even heard of the guy, and if he is high enough (I think he's in A ball) for you to formulate an opinion on.

Yes sir. Sano has all of the tools to be an absolute stud, as long as he stays with his progression. He's certainly a name that most prospect heads are watching, and have been.
Probelm is, there's a relatively small....miniscule....sample size. he's not close to a-ball yet. he'll be in the gulf-coast league (rookie ball) again this season. You won't see him for at least 3 years-but there's reason to be excited.

PostPosted: Sun 06.19.2011, 08:01 

Sand$: 100670
Donate
marty1841 wrote:
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:

Yes sir. Sano has all of the tools to be an absolute stud, as long as he stays with his progression. He's certainly a name that most prospect heads are watching, and have been.
Probelm is, there's a relatively small....miniscule....sample size. he's not close to a-ball yet. he'll be in the gulf-coast league (rookie ball) again this season. You won't see him for at least 3 years-but there's reason to be excited.

Yea, he just turned 18. It's going to be a while. 2013 is going to be an important year for him, that's when he should be looking at AA if things are going to plan.

PostPosted: Sun 06.19.2011, 14:44 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1245
Donate
dal.gif
OarChambo wrote:
marty1841 wrote:
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:

Yea, he just turned 18. It's going to be a while. 2013 is going to be an important year for him, that's when he should be looking at AA if things are going to plan.

His value certainly will tested depending on what position he ultimately plays. He has started as a SS, may be moved to 3b sooner than later but could ultimately be a 1b. Because he is still so young, I imagine its hard to see how his body will fill in and develop and we will see how he looks in a couple of years.

PostPosted: Sun 06.19.2011, 15:30 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
dal.gif
Longhorns76 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
marty1841 wrote:
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:

His value certainly will tested depending on what position he ultimately plays. He has started as a SS, may be moved to 3b sooner than later but could ultimately be a 1b. Because he is still so young, I imagine its hard to see how his body will fill in and develop and we will see how he looks in a couple of years.

agreed 100%. I've got him pegged as a 3B, but that could certainly change.

PostPosted: Sun 06.19.2011, 15:48 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 2
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
Thanks for the info, guys :thumbright:

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

PostPosted: Wed 06.22.2011, 05:24 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5457
Donate
pit.gif
Nice to see the Phillies 1B prospect Jonathan Singleton have a big night and start hitting. I keep forgetting he's still only 19.

PostPosted: Thu 06.23.2011, 12:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 669
Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Prospect Carter recalled by A's: The A's placed OF Josh Willingham (Achilles') was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Thursday. Prospect Chris Carter was recalled from Triple-A Sacramento to take his place on the roster. Carter recently returned from a thumb injury.

Fantasy Analysis
Carter returned to action on June 13 after being sidelined since April 20. He homered twice in his second game back and has gone 11 for 33 (.333) at the plate with eight RBI and three homers since his return. He has a good eye at the plate with a .376 on-base percentage this season to go with his .917 OPS in the minors this year. He will likely play every day and get playing time as a corner outfielder and a first baseman. If he's up, it is because he is going to get a good amount of playing time. His appeal is still mostly that of a long-term option for keeper leagues, but he's worth taking a flier on as a short-term option in seasonal leagues as well.
(Updated 06/23/2011).

I've seen his name in a lot of prospect rankings. Worth picking up in a keeper league? Probably would ditch Chisenhall or Ryan Ludwick.

PostPosted: Thu 06.23.2011, 12:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
What's the book on this guy...

Quote:
Presley on his way to majors: The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review has confirmed that Pirates OF prospect Alexander Presley will be recalled next week. The Post-Gazette reported on Monday that GM Neal Huntington had indicated that there was a possibility he would be recalled.

Fantasy Analysis
Presley is hitting .330 with eight homers and 34 RBI over 72 games. He has a solid .382 on-base percentage and .881 OPS and also has 17 steals in 19 tries. It is unclear how much playing time he will get in an outfield that consists of Andrew McCutchen, Jose Tabata and Garrett Jones, but he could steals some at-bats from Jones. He is worth taking a low-risk flier on in deeper formats in anticipation of his call up.
(Updated 06/23/2011).

PostPosted: Thu 06.23.2011, 14:59 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
dal.gif
fishfry wrote:
Quote:
Prospect Carter recalled by A's: The A's placed OF Josh Willingham (Achilles') was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Thursday. Prospect Chris Carter was recalled from Triple-A Sacramento to take his place on the roster. Carter recently returned from a thumb injury.

Fantasy Analysis
Carter returned to action on June 13 after being sidelined since April 20. He homered twice in his second game back and has gone 11 for 33 (.333) at the plate with eight RBI and three homers since his return. He has a good eye at the plate with a .376 on-base percentage this season to go with his .917 OPS in the minors this year. He will likely play every day and get playing time as a corner outfielder and a first baseman. If he's up, it is because he is going to get a good amount of playing time. His appeal is still mostly that of a long-term option for keeper leagues, but he's worth taking a flier on as a short-term option in seasonal leagues as well.
(Updated 06/23/2011).

I've seen his name in a lot of prospect rankings. Worth picking up in a keeper league? Probably would ditch Chisenhall or Ryan Ludwick.

not a chance on earth i'd ditch chis for him. for a keeper league? i'd take a shot on him over ludwick, but i have a feeling they are the same player.

PostPosted: Thu 06.23.2011, 15:02 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
dal.gif
fishfry wrote:
What's the book on this guy...

Quote:
Presley on his way to majors: The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review has confirmed that Pirates OF prospect Alexander Presley will be recalled next week. The Post-Gazette reported on Monday that GM Neal Huntington had indicated that there was a possibility he would be recalled.

Fantasy Analysis
Presley is hitting .330 with eight homers and 34 RBI over 72 games. He has a solid .382 on-base percentage and .881 OPS and also has 17 steals in 19 tries. It is unclear how much playing time he will get in an outfield that consists of Andrew McCutchen, Jose Tabata and Garrett Jones, but he could steals some at-bats from Jones. He is worth taking a low-risk flier on in deeper formats in anticipation of his call up.
(Updated 06/23/2011).

numbers have gotten better each year through the minors. i don't see him as a big impact kind of guy, but he also has some speed for those who need it. in a shallow league, he's a guy to throw on your watch list. NL only....maybe give him a look. shallow keeper? nah. deep dyno? worth a shot.

PostPosted: Thu 06.23.2011, 15:21 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
I'd pass on Carter.

Presley is interesting. My sense is they're kicking the tires on him with the idea of possibly trading Garret Jones at the trading deadline since he's an unrestricted FA at the end of the year. There's really no room for Presley in the lineup unless they sit Xavier Paul who is actually playing decently.

It's hard to take Presely seriously because he came out of nowhere in the Pirate organization. In 2008 & 2009 he was a .250ish hitter and in 2010, he hits .320 in a year split between AA/AAA and he kept it up this year at AAA hitting .330.

If you have room, I'd grab Presley but would not drop a prospect to make room for him.

PostPosted: Mon 06.27.2011, 15:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Indians purchased the contract of 3B Lonnie Chisenhall from Triple-A Columbus.

Jordan Bastian of MLB.com's hunch was right on the money. Chisenhall will make his major league debut Monday night against the Diamondbacks, starting at third base and batting seventh against Ian Kennedy. The 22-year-old was batting .265/.352/.427 with seven homers and 44 RBI over his first 290 plate appearances at the Triple-A level this season. He figures to take over at the starting third baseman right away in Cleveland, so he's worth grabbing in AL-only and even some deeper mixed formats.
Jun 27, 4:05 PM

PostPosted: Tue 06.28.2011, 05:21 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
Nice to see Lonnie get moved up. :thumbright:

I posted about one of the Rangers young pitching prospect a few weeks ago - High A Joe Wieland.

He finally got bumped up to AA the other day, Frisco Roughriders of the Texas League and went 5 innings: 5 IP | 6 H | 1 ER | 0 BB | 5 K | 72 pitches, 50 strikes (69.4%), 7 swinging strikes (9.72%) last night:

He finished this season at A ball with:

85 innings pitched
96 strikeouts
4 walks

A lot of the scouting reports say his ceiling is a 4th/5th starter because he doesn't have a "wow" pitch but the kid just keeps throwing strikes, changing speeds and getting hitters out.

The Rangers have a nice stable of young arms at AA right now with Wieland since they moved lefty Robbie Erlin up to AA at the end of May. He's (Erlin) 4-0 there since the end of May but has been getting banged around a bit and giving up a few too many HR's.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next