FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 10.20.2014, 22:42

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Mass Effect 3
PostPosted: Sun 04.10.2011, 21:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 7421
Donate
gb.gif
Just got the new issue of Game Informer. Big story on Mass Effect 3, Wrex, Legion, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus, Mordin, Liara were confirmed to be returning in some capacity. Other new squadmate James Sanders (dude from the trailer maybe?).

Apparently Cerberus wants Shepard dead, well F off Martin Sheen...

Game starts out on Earth, directly following the Arrival DLC. They are apparently trying to strike a balance between the overwhelming RPG elements (way too many stats on equipment) of ME1, and the overly simplistic ME2 options (I used one gun the whole game).

Post subject: Re: Mass Effect 3
PostPosted: Sun 06.05.2011, 20:57 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55666
Donate
chi.gif
I can't wait for this game. I pre-ordered it a while back, and can't wait until next spring. Keeps getting pushed back, but I'm okay with that if it means they get it right.

E3 rumors are that ME3 will be Kinect-compatible. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It seems...weird. I guess they're trying to move the Kinect from a novelty/family item to a real gaming accessory, and ME is a great franchise to pull it into that crowd. I just hope it doesn't hurt gameplay if you don't have a Kinect, because I'm not likely to get one.

PostPosted: Mon 06.06.2011, 20:41 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
gb.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
I can't wait for this game. I pre-ordered it a while back, and can't wait until next spring. Keeps getting pushed back, but I'm okay with that if it means they get it right.

E3 rumors are that ME3 will be Kinect-compatible. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It seems...weird. I guess they're trying to move the Kinect from a novelty/family item to a real gaming accessory, and ME is a great franchise to pull it into that crowd. I just hope it doesn't hurt gameplay if you don't have a Kinect, because I'm not likely to get one.

Being a multi-console release... most likely is that it will have a mode that you can use kinect as a control.

Most likely a PS3 Move mode similar...

PostPosted: Mon 06.06.2011, 22:23 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
und2006 wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

Being a multi-console release... most likely is that it will have a mode that you can use kinect as a control.

Most likely a PS3 Move mode similar...

Based on the E3 presser today, it seems to basically consist of voice squad commands. Might be cool for a mission or two, but I think ultimately the Dpad will be quicker and simpler to use.

I heard some whispers of the mining-type "minigame" having Kinect commands. I could see that having some potential for fun, since it's just peripheral to the actual game.

PostPosted: Sat 07.09.2011, 22:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 79185
Donate
God ME2 was one of the best games Ive ever played! Top 3 RPG all time for me. Very excited for this and the return of Wrex.

Personally, I do not like reading about those rare, RARE games that I KNOW are going to kick rump. Like Frank Costanza, I like to go in fresh.

What a fantastic series.

PostPosted: Sun 07.24.2011, 13:09 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17380
Donate
hou2.gif
So far behind :lol:

Seriously considering picking up ME1 and ME2

PostPosted: Sun 07.24.2011, 14:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
gb.gif
OilersNut wrote:

Do it, at the very least read up on ME1 and start with ME2... it was a whole lot better than the first game.

PostPosted: Sun 07.24.2011, 17:00 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17380
Donate
hou2.gif
und2006 wrote:
OilersNut wrote:

Do it, at the very least read up on ME1 and start with ME2... it was a whole lot better than the first game.

How so?

I was told you had to import a party from ME1 into ME2. I didn't completely buy the statement since while old style RPG series did that, they don't really do that currently.

PostPosted: Sun 07.24.2011, 17:12 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
OilersNut wrote:
und2006 wrote:
OilersNut wrote:

How so?

I was told you had to import a party from ME1 into ME2. I didn't completely buy the statement since while old style RPG series did that, they don't really do that currently.

You don't have to. You can go through and start a new character for 2 and be fine, but you'll miss a lot of back story and a lot of your choices in 2 will feel like they're a lot less important because you don't have the background.

I'd advise playing through both though. Both are good games. I think 1 has a bit more RPG stylings and a broader scope. Stronger characters and storyline. ME2 is a pretty short game unless you do all of the side missions, and it plays like the middle book of a trilogy--more of a story bridge than its own powerful entity. Its RPG roots are stripped back a bit while the gameplay runs faster and the shooter elements are much more refined than in one.

I think it's worth playing both, they're both great games. Different...when I switch between the two, it takes me a few missions to get used to the differences. 3 supposedly brings back a bit more RPG elements and continues to refine the shooter elements.

PostPosted: Mon 07.25.2011, 11:22 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8906
Donate
gb.gif
I'm not too happy to hear they are incorporating the Gears of War cover-style into the game. Maybe it will work, but I hate when developers try and fix something that isn't broken.

PostPosted: Tue 07.26.2011, 22:51 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
DELTA6TWO wrote:
I'm not too happy to hear they are incorporating the Gears of War cover-style into the game. Maybe it will work, but I hate when developers try and fix something that isn't broken.

This was incorporated in gears of war 2...
so uhhh dont know what to say

PostPosted: Tue 07.26.2011, 22:52 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
DELTA6TWO wrote:

This was incorporated in ME2...

PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 11:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Boogs34 wrote:
DELTA6TWO wrote:

No, read about it more. It's a change from the last game. More running and going for cover, repeated ad nauseum. Initial reports from a few who have played it were "meh"...

PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 11:19 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
DELTA6TWO wrote:
Boogs34 wrote:
DELTA6TWO wrote:

No, read about it more. It's a change from the last game. More running and going for cover, repeated ad nauseum. Initial reports from a few who have played it were "meh"...

More running and going for cover than ME2? I call shenanigans. That's impossible.

I played the entire game behind cover.

Everything I've heard is that they're trying to do more open land and less cover-dependent fights.... :?

PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 11:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
DELTA6TWO wrote:
Boogs34 wrote:
DELTA6TWO wrote:

More running and going for cover than ME2? I call shenanigans. That's impossible.

I played the entire game behind cover.

Everything I've heard is that they're trying to do more open land and less cover-dependent fights.... :?

I'll see if I can find the link to the recent hands-on review. The reviewer said that it was very Gears-of-War like, running from cover to cover, and that he wasn't very impressed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next