FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 11.01.2014, 04:05

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu 07.21.2011, 19:43 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 7601
Donate
gb.gif
Thought it might be interesting to see what moments in games have really stuck with you. Was there a moment in a game you played that made your jaw drop? Shed a tear even?

I wear my nerd tag proudly, I have a hefty list. If you haven't played these games and don't want spoilers, I'll white out the spoilers.

Final Fantasy VI
The Opera Scene. I don't know what it is about this, but of all the great moments in what I consider to be a top 5 RPG of all time... the opera scene sticks out to me.

Chrono Trigger
Quote:
When Crono get zapped by Lavos, the moment is somewhat dulled by the fact that you can bring him back to life.

Final Fantasy VII
Quote:
My jaw dropped to the floor when Aries died. It wasn't the first major character in a game to get killed off, but it was so unexpected. Very powerful scene.

Final Fantasy X
Quote:
The final battle with Jecht/Sin. The dialogue before the fight really was moving.

InFamous
Quote:
I was playing an evil playthough, getting near the end of the game... and Kessler who is the main bad guy has the main characters girl held hostage. He gives you a choice to save her, or save a bunch of doctors and do a lot more good for everyone as a whole. Hell if I was going to let him kill my girl. But Trish wasn't where he said she would be, she was with all the doctors. I was playing an evil playthrough and Trish's dying words were that she was ashamed of what I had become. I did nothing but good missions for the rest of the game.

Mass Effect 2
Quote:
Through the Omega 4 relay... nuff said. Pure epic awesomeness.

Dragon Age Origins
Quote:
The final march on Demerim, seeing the whole army that you assemble coming together to march on the capital which is already overwhelmed by the enemy. The dialogue, everything about it was just amazing.

I know there is more, Ive been a gaming nerd as long as I can remember... Ill post some more when I think of them.

PostPosted: Thu 07.21.2011, 23:12 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 53856
Donate
ari.gif
I'm sure I'll think of more later ... but the one that first comes to mind is the first time a head crab jumped at me while crawling through a ventilation duct in Half Life.

Scarred the crap out of me. It was great!

PostPosted: Fri 07.22.2011, 05:56 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2284
Donate
det.gif
I remember first time I played the original Resident Evil. Went through a door and these dogs jumped through a window into the mansion. Happened so suddenly it made me start. That had never happened in a video game before.

PostPosted: Fri 07.22.2011, 09:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3202
Donate
cle.gif
Jerky wrote:
I remember first time I played the original Resident Evil. Went through a door and these dogs jumped through a window into the mansion. Happened so suddenly it made me start. That had never happened in a video game before.

Resident Evil games definitely seem to have a few of those moments every game.

PostPosted: Fri 07.22.2011, 11:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 532
Donate
pit.gif
Zelda. Finding the first dungeon.
Fallout. The Glow.
Fallout. Defeating the master without a fight.
Super Mario Bros. Secret tubes!
Link's Awakening. The ending.
Vampire: Bloodlines. VV. 8)
Morrowind. Balmora.
Doom. Barons of Hell!

PostPosted: Fri 07.22.2011, 12:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8908
Donate
gb.gif
I'm sure if I think about it I could come up with more, but the first Flood encounter in Halo was pretty damn awesome.

PostPosted: Fri 07.22.2011, 20:39 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 75683
Donate
kc.gif
JimHart wrote:
Pong

FTFY

PostPosted: Fri 07.22.2011, 22:53 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 53856
Donate
ari.gif
jdhowlett wrote:
JimHart wrote:
Pong

FTFY

:lol: :lol:

I actually do remember when my parents brought home our first Pong console. I believe I was in the fifth grade.

PostPosted: Fri 07.22.2011, 23:43 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55267
Donate
min.gif
I vividly recall playing Metal Gear Solid and spying on Meryl to see her exercise half naked. That was a truly wonderful moment. During the same game, I remember how pissed I was when I kept dying against Psycho Mantis. I probably died about 20 times before a friend told me I had to plug the controller into the second port. What a stupid game design.

PostPosted: Sat 07.23.2011, 19:31 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 7601
Donate
gb.gif
unimsw wrote:
I vividly recall playing Metal Gear Solid and spying on Meryl to see her exercise half naked. That was a truly wonderful moment. During the same game, I remember how pissed I was when I kept dying against Psycho Mantis. I probably died about 20 times before a friend told me I had to plug the controller into the second port. What a stupid game design.

It was brilliant game design... if you radioed for help they would tell you to do it.

It was the first game to really break the fourth wall and involve the player, not as the character, but as the player in the game! It would read your memory card and comment if you had played certain games. It blew my mind the first time I went into that encounter.

PostPosted: Sun 07.24.2011, 03:29 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 1622
Donate
no.gif
When I first bought my all time favorite game, Wahammer 40000 : Dawn of War. After seeing the opening trailer when I was younger I was always enthralled by it. My favorite opening of any game by far.

PostPosted: Sun 07.24.2011, 18:12 

Sand$: 41708
Donate
phi.gif
und2006 wrote:
unimsw wrote:

It was brilliant game design... if you radioed for help they would tell you to do it.

It was the first game to really break the fourth wall and involve the player, not as the character, but as the player in the game! It would read your memory card and comment if you had played certain games. It blew my mind the first time I went into that encounter.

agreed.. it was awesome.

i remember psycho mantis telling me to put the controller down and i did... then he moves it with his awesome powers (using the vib technology in the controller). i couldn't stop laughing about it.

PostPosted: Sun 07.24.2011, 18:13 

Sand$: 41708
Donate
phi.gif
und2006 wrote:
unimsw wrote:

agreed.. it was awesome.

i remember psycho mantis telling me to put the controller down and i did... then he moves it with his awesome powers (using the vib technology in the controller). i couldn't stop laughing about it.

PostPosted: Mon 07.25.2011, 14:59 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 964
Donate
cin.gif
Metriod:
Quote:
Seamus is a woman?!?

PostPosted: Tue 07.26.2011, 09:15 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55267