FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 11.26.2014, 16:27

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 699 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Fri 07.29.2011, 10:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13131
Donate
was.gif
INTRODUCTION
The Fantasy Sharks NFL Challenge League was founded by Rick the Bear and Jetsman2806 for the 07 season. This is a Keeper League with IDP Players and rules that include everyone using at least 1 home team player every week.

"Welcome to the League where being a homer is the name of the game!"

Here is a link to the 2011 League

http://www5.myfantasyleague.com/2011/home/20553#0

I. TEAM IDENTITIES
All 32 NFL team names will be used. Owners are prohibited from changing their franchise name during the season. Each franchise will also use their NFL team's logos and colors. Current owners will have priority during the offseason when their true home/favorite team has a vacancy.

II. ROSTERS
A. Rosters are limited to 20 players.
B. Rosters are limited to 4 QB, 6 RB, 8 WR, 4 TE, 3 K, 5 DL, 5 LB, 5 DB
C. Each season every franchise must keep 4 players.
D. Two sets of player pools will be used. The AFC will use one pool and the NFC will use the others. Players cannot transfer from one pool to the other.

III. STARTING LINEUPS
A. Each team must consist of the following starting lineup during each week of the season:
13 total starters
1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 Flex (RB or WR)
1 K
2 DL (DT or DE)
2 LB
2 DB (CB or S)
B. If no lineup is submitted by a team, their previous week’s lineup will be used.
C. Should an owner fail to submit a starting lineup for two weeks in a row, the commissioner shall warn the owner that his status as an owner is in jeopardy. If the owner fails to respond and/or a starting lineup fails to be posted for 3rd week in a row, that franchise will be removed and a replacement owner found.
D. Position eligibility -- MFL.com is the official position source to be used in case of dispute between NFL.com and MFL.com.
E. Each franchise MUST start one homer player each week. Any franchise that does not start a home team player will get a loss for the week. The only exception is when your franchise has a bye week. During the bye weeks you do not have to start a home team player.

IV. SCORING

A. http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2011/options?L=20553&O=09
B. Fractional scoring will be used with 2 decimal places.

V. TIE-BREAKERS
A. Regular season ties will be ties.
B. Ties for playoff qualifying will be determined using NFL rules

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

1. Strength of victory will be most points scored
2. Strength of schedule will be most points against

C. Tiebreakers for playoff games
1. Highest scoring player in starting lineup
2. Highest scoring top 2 players in starting lineup
3. Higher seeded team - will not apply for AFC vs NFC Superbowl
4. Week 17 overtime full game

VI. SCHEDULE AND PLAYOFFS
A. Each franchise will play 12 regular season games. 6 division games and 6 non division games. The schedule will rotate from year to year with the NFL as the guide. Each team will also play one game each against one team from each of the other 2 divisions not already included in the schedule formula.
B. The Playoffs will start during week 13. 6 teams from each conference will qualify for the playoffs. The playoffs will play out identical to the NFL playoffs. After every round, the teams will be re-seeded. The #1 and #2 seeds from each conference will have a bye week for the first round of the playoffs. The AFC and NFC Championship games will be played week 15. The Super Bowl between the AFC Champion and the NFC Champion will be played during week 16 of the NFL schedule.

VII. TEAM FINANCES AND PAYOUTS
A. The fee for 2010 will be $1000 sand dollars. Donations can be made to "NFL CHALLENGE BANK" in the second post below.
B. The payouts will be as follows:

1. Super Bowl Champion $21,500
2. Super Bowl Runner-up $5000
3. AFC High Scorer (16 weeks) $1750
4. NFC High Scorer (16 weeks) $1750
5. NFL Survivor Champ $1000
6. NFL Pool Picks $1000
Total Pot $32000

VIII. WAIVERS/FREE AGENTS/INJURED RESERVE TRANSACTIONS
A. During the season, the waiver wire will be open for requesting players from kickoff of the first game of the week (sundays) until Wednesday evenings at 1100PM. Waivers will be automatically processed based on W/L record, Least Points for, Power Rank. From Wednesday night until the following Sunday, players can be signed on a first come first served basis. All dropped players will be locked for 2 days and can be requested through waivers with the same tiebreakers. Moves are unlimited and waiver rounds are set to the max allowed by the system ( 8 ).

EDIT - dropped players are not locked and are immediately available for pickup in the same week. We've endured numerous waiver wire challenges at the onset of this season and its best if we don't tinker with the waiver wire settings until the offseason

B. The free agent pool will be locked after the Super Bowl until after the next season's draft.
C. One special round of waivers will be setup to cover the period between the draft and the start of the season.
D. There will be one IR spot. Players must request to the commissioner any player movement to the IR. Players must be on the NFL IR list to qualify. Not PUP, not OUT, not suspended, or not game time decision. ONLY players on the NFL's IR list will be placed on the IR list. In the event the commissioner cannot process your request in a timely manner, YOU MUST POST YOUR INTENTIONS BEFORE YOU PUT A PLAYER ON IR ON THE LEAGUE'S MESSAGE BOARD, NOT HERE IN THE FORUMS. If someone drops a player, then announces he wants that player put on IR, the request will NOT be granted. Teams will be responsible for following the news of that player. If any team has a player who is no longer on IR on their IR list, that player will be returned to the free agent pool after the owner is given a 48 hour notice.

IX. TRADES
A. Trades will be automatically processed.
B. The commissioner will reserve the right to reverse any trade deemed to be collusion or intentional disruption.
C. The trade deadline will be the kickoff of week 9. Trading will re-open after the Super Bowl.

X. KEEPER RULES
A. Franchises will forfeit the draft value for each keeper. The value of each player is set when he is drafted or kept each season. A kept player keeps his same value for as many years as he is named a keeper. Any player who is dropped, then picked up later that same season still has the same draft value. For example, Ray Rice currently has a 1st round draft value. If he is dropped, then picked up again by any team and named a keeper, that team must still forfeit a 1st round pick. When franchises keep more than one person with the same draft/keeper value, the following pick will be forfeited. If a team keeps a player and does not have a pick in that round, the following round draft pick will be forfeited. If a team has two or more picks in the same round and names a keeper with that draft/keeper value, the later pick will be forfeited. Players picked up on the waiver wire during the season represent a 20th round draft pick. If a team keeps two or more players with a 20 round draft/keeper value, then the next higher pick will be forfeited.
B. The keeper deadline for the 2010 season will be August 14th , 2011. Keepers can be named here in the forums, on the message board at the league site, or by cutting everyone else off your roster.
C. Any franchise that does not name their keepers by the deadline will have their keepers named for them. The commissioner will select the highest ranked 4 players according to MFL's ADP list injured or not. Draft/Keeper value will not be considered.
D. Franchises do NOT have to keep a home team player.

XI. ANNUAL DRAFT RULES
A. The annual draft will consist of a 20 round serpentine draft.
B. Any player not on a roster is eligible to be drafted.
C. Teams with more than 16 picks after the keeper deadline will forfeit picks starting from their last pick.
D. Teams with less than 16 picks will be given additional picks after the 20th round.
E. The clock will be set for 12 hours and will not turn off over night.
F. Teams that miss a pick will be awarded a pick by the system. If a team misses a 2nd pick they will be put into auto mode. A replacement owner will be found for any franchise that misses two picks in a row. When a new owner is found, that franchise will be taken off of the auto mode.
G. The 2010 draft will start Sunday, August 21st, 2011 at 12AM or 48 hours after the last replacement owner is found, whichever comes later.

XII. NFL SURVIVOR POOL
A. The winner of this competition will receive $1000 sand dollars
B. The commissioner will not change anyone's pick at any time for any reason.
C. Owners can select one team per week by going to the top tool bar, then Owners/Survivor Pool. Once you pick a team, you can no longer use that team again for the rest of the season. If the team you pick wins, you move to the next round, if the team you pick loses, you are out.
D. Ties will be ties and the winnings will be split up by all the winners.
E. In the event that the competition ends early in the season, the pool will be reset but only played for entertainment purposes.

XIII. NFL POOL PICKS
A. The winner of the competition will receive $1000 sand dollars.
B. The system will be set to include the points spread for degenerate gambling practice.
C. The commissioner will not change anyone's pick at any time for any reason.
D. This competition only exist to make full use of all the unique options available with the MFL system.

XIV. IRONMAN COMPETITION
A. The name of this competition might be changed to September Madness
B. This competition is for entertainment purposes only.
C. All games played in this competition will not count towards the standings in any way whatsoever. They are basically exhibition games.
D. All 32 teams in the league will be loaded into a 32 team bracket. The AFC teams will take the odd numbered seeds and the NFC will take the even numbered seeds to promote some inter league FUN. Seeding will be based on your week 1 score and the tournament will be played during weeks 2 through 6.

*Again, I want to stress these games do not count in any way whatsoever towards the overall fantasy competition in the league. The voting against inter league play and possible double headers was lopsided and final. This is merely an attempt at exhibition games to provide more fun. Those who wish to not participate can do so by simply not paying it any attention. The value of this competition only exists to those who see it as fun.

XV. SCORING CHANGES
A. MFL will be the final authority when it comes to stats.
B. Once per week on Thursdays, the scoring changes button will be pushed by the commissioner. It makes no difference if 1000 stats change or just 1, the button will be pushed. The system will automatically update anything that changed due to a scoring change.
C. After Thursdays scores are FINAL.

XVI. RULE CHANGES
A. All rules change requests will take place during the off season through league polls.
B. There will be an offseason thread created in the community forums after the NFL Super Bowl.
C. To add or change a rule, owners will need to make your case in the forums, then get 2 other franchises to second the notion then a poll will be created. All offseason polls will run for 3 weeks or until June 31st, whichever comes first. A minimum of 20 votes need to be cast, then majority wins.
D. At no time will there be more than 10 rule change polls to consider at one time.

Trading is OPEN!

..........................................................................................................................................

This will be the 2011 thread. Please do not post in the old thread to avoid confusion

This is the 2011 Draft Order (Before the trades from last year were transferred to the new site)
Please let me know if you see any discrepancies in this base draft order.

AFC
1. Baltimore - Kaleb.09
2. Cincinnati - bunnywafer
3. Buffalo - Zindog
4. Tennessee - LVSharks
5. NY Jets - jaec012
6. Pittsburgh - mseidel
7. San Diego - JEWMAH9701
8. Jacksonville - Hankrip
9. Oakland - Black Plague
10. Cleveland - The Bluebeards
11. Houston - Stankweasels3000
12. Kansas City - nicdolas
13. Miami - BLHAWK82
14. Indianapolis - chadlyb
15. Denver - mikeraphon
16. New England - HoningSkills & FLPats

NFC

1. Philadelphia - Jokerswild1130
2.Carolina - KevD
3. Washington - General Mills
4. Dallas - rodg2915
5. Tampa Bay - Blokbustabrandon
6. San Francisco - NikeJohn
7. Green Bay - Fishfry
8. New Orleans - Bangarang
9. Seattle - xX-MaNx
10. Detroit - jhnrx05
11. Chicago - Mister Destructo
12. St Louis - 10ball
13. Minnesota - unimsw
14. NY Giants - MikeJr24
15. Arizona - R2000
16. Atlanta - TheNewGuy

Green = Paid

As of Aug 7th, all 32 teams have been accounted for.

Available Teams for 2011
N/A

New Owners for 2011
1. General Mills (Washington Redskins)
2. JEWMAH9701 (San Diego Chargers)
3. jhnrx05 (Detroit Lions)
4. Mister Destructo (Chicago Bears)
5. 10ball (St Louis Rams)
6. jaec012 (New York Jets)
7. MikeJr24 (New York Giants)
8. mseidel (Pittsburgh Steelers)
9. KevD (Carolina Panthers)
10. rodg2915 (Dallas Cowboys)

Waiting List
LaSean4Heisman

Rule Change Proposals - will be discussed in offseason and voted on prior to the following season.
1. Abolish the keeper settings and go back to redraft - Cleveland
2. Players available from end of Thursday night game through kickoff of Sunday game - Seattle
3. Add an IR Spot - Lasean4heisman

Last edited by mikeraphon on Mon 01.02.2012, 11:15, edited 44 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri 07.29.2011, 10:36 
Chum

Sand$: 21358
Donate
no.gif
This is the NO Saints. I hadn't confirmed so I'm confirming now I'm in for 2011. Looking forward to another year in the Shark Tank.

PostPosted: Fri 07.29.2011, 10:43 
Chum

Sand$: 16022
Donate
nfllogo.gif
<-- Please deposit $1,000 sand here

PostPosted: Fri 07.29.2011, 10:48 

Sand$: 3679
Donate
hou.gif
I'm in as the Texans again.

PostPosted: Fri 07.29.2011, 11:13 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1737
Donate
cin.gif
Is it correct that the draft is starting at midnight? Or was that supposed to say 12 PM?

I don't particularly care either way, just curious.

FYI I have two home leagues drafting back to back on the 21st, starting at noon. So I won't be camped out on the CPU, but I should be able to check in. Actually if I am unable to trade out of the #2 spot (not even sure if I want to or not yet) then I would probably prefer the draft start at midnight, as it is unlikely it would make it back to me later in the day. Then again, if I stay at #2 it shouldn't really matter as I can pre-draft it.

Also I'm going to pay my dues as soon as I'm done typing this.

PostPosted: Fri 07.29.2011, 18:31 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 19318
Donate
hou2.gif
In. Are you going to adjust the draft picks to reflect trades? I should have 3 first rounders...

PostPosted: Fri 07.29.2011, 18:43 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55513
Donate
min.gif
LVSharks wrote:
In. Are you going to adjust the draft picks to reflect trades? I should have 3 first rounders...

I'm pretty sure I had five 1sts... help me out commish.

PostPosted: Fri 07.29.2011, 19:00 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 14
Donate
dal.gif
Sorry but I am going to have to let Dallas go. I am having severe computer issues and just dont know if it will be corrected anytime soon for me to keep up with my normal League count. I am dropping several and this league falls into the out catagory.

Have a good year!

PostPosted: Fri 07.29.2011, 21:09 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 89002
Donate
oak.gif
that makes 5 of the 16 NFC owners bailing out on the league this year!!! :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

with Dave (Detroit Owner) screwing over the owners in the All-Star league, which was a money league....by pretty much taking the money and running...might as well chalk up number 6 for the NFC! :party-smiley-050:

Last edited by Black Plague on Fri 07.29.2011, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 07.29.2011, 21:16 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Black Plague wrote:
that makes 5 of the 16 NFC owners bailing out on the league this year!!! :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

with Dave screwing over the owners in the All-Star league....by pretty much taking the money and running...might as well chalk up number 6 for the NFC! :party-smiley-050:

:shock: Someone hunt that sumanabisch down and fugg him up. I had that done to me once about five years ago and I am still pissed.

And it's not looking good for the NFC... I guess they were tired of getting beat up on by the Vikings year in and year out...

PostPosted: Fri 07.29.2011, 21:23 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 89002
Donate
oak.gif
unimsw wrote:
Black Plague wrote:

with Dave screwing over the owners in the All-Star league....by pretty much taking the money and running...might as well chalk up number 6 for the NFC! :party-smiley-050:

:shock: Someone hunt that sumanabisch down and fugg him up. I had that done to me once about five years ago and I am still pissed.

And it's not looking good for the NFC... I guess they were tired of getting beat up on by the Vikings year in and year out...

It was not a huuuge money league, only a $35 buy in...but he had ran it for the last few years...so it was a surprise to all of us when the guys who won the league were saying that they never got paid :?

I've always liked Dave, he's always been a stand up guy imo...but apparently there are several sharks who found him on Face Book (something i dont mess with) and when they asked him about the league he shut his account down :(

as far as the NFC getting tired of the Vikings beating people up...i can't say much :lol:

PostPosted: Sat 07.30.2011, 08:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 671
Donate
gb.gif
I appreciate the effort being put forth to keep this league going, but shouldn't collecting and paying out from last year be the first priority? Especially with the teams dropping out, seems like they're getting a free pass on last season, and some people are still owed some Sands.

I'm already in green, but for the record I will be back with the Packers. I'm holding off on dues until I know for sure how much to put in.

PS: I ain't afraid of no Vikings...

PostPosted: Sat 07.30.2011, 09:00 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
fishfry wrote:
I appreciate the effort being put forth to keep this league going, but shouldn't collecting and paying out from last year be the first priority? Especially with the teams dropping out, seems like they're getting a free pass on last season, and some people are still owed some Sands.

I'm already in green, but for the record I will be back with the Packers. I'm holding off on dues until I know for sure how much to put in.

PS: I ain't afraid of no Vikings...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
You ---> :^o

I agree on the sands, although I'm not sure who has access to the sand bank. I personally have no use for sands, so I will give up some of mine to the winners from last year to appease them.

PostPosted: Sat 07.30.2011, 09:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
was.gif
bunnywafer wrote:
Is it correct that the draft is starting at midnight? Or was that supposed to say 12 PM?

I don't particularly care either way, just curious.

FYI I have two home leagues drafting back to back on the 21st, starting at noon. So I won't be camped out on the CPU, but I should be able to check in. Actually if I am unable to trade out of the #2 spot (not even sure if I want to or not yet) then I would probably prefer the draft start at midnight, as it is unlikely it would make it back to me later in the day. Then again, if I stay at #2 it shouldn't really matter as I can pre-draft it.

Also I'm going to pay my dues as soon as I'm done typing this.

I just copied over all the settings from last season. So I guess midnight it is.

PostPosted: Sat 07.30.2011, 09:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
was.gif
LVSharks wrote:

I haven't ported over the "future draft trades" yet. I should knock that out this weekend.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 699 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next