FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 07.22.2014, 10:30

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun 07.31.2011, 12:49 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1124
Donate
jacobissilly wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
prplhz14 wrote:
jacobissilly wrote:
prplhz14 wrote:
I just gave the strategy a go in a mock, I felt like taking a QB in the top 3 rounds just tied my hands too much. I also seemed to be in a RB heavy mock, so a lot of guys I was hoping to grab werent available later on leaving my team really weak there. I just feel theres too much value at QB and TE this year later in the draft, and the smart money is to load up on RB and WR in the first 5 rounds.
This strategy definitely could work though in a league where RB's slip and are available later on.

Atleast someone actually tried it. It is a good startegy not really sure why these guys are so down on it.

Like I said, I think it would work in leagues where RB's are slipping. Most guys here play in leagues that RB's just dont slip. So it likely would not work for them. I thought I could make it work with my current strategy (see the front page 3 of the first 36rb's). It somewhat worked and my team ended up stronger than it was looking at first, but myself Id rather load up on RB and WR unless one of the top 5 QB's drops to the 4th or 5th round (which I havent seen happen yet).

( nobody said given the circumstance that it was bad idea. What people are trying to tell you nicely kid that it isn't a new concept, and it happens all the time. In fact, In the 9 leagues I ended up being in last year. I happened to go RB, WR, Qb, RB WR, RB in 3 of those Leagues..what's the odds of that? Exact pattern in 3 leagues. The others catered to my preferential rb-rb..etc, maybe 3 rb's..maybe 2rb's and a wr..who knows, because the draft fell to me that way, every time and you adjust. Hardly anyone in here isn't mobile, and agile enough to adjust their thinking to get maximum value. Also, the Leagues I speak of give 6 pts to Qb's. Not a huge concern, but enough for me to go Qb 3 times right there. Way against my grain. Also..the advice to grab a def in the 7th ( because what else is out there?)..uhhhhg. Painful man. #-o

I just have a hard time listening to someone act like they invented something, (which you did) brag about 90% victories (which you did, often) and then confess, (rather surprisingly I might add), that they detest real competition, it's for fools to play against tough competition... :roll: Please.. #-o ) So, in the future, you can better serve the tank by making a disclaimer before each OP. * This advice is to be used for yahoo Leagues only, and using this in the event you actually play real competition with people that know what they're doing could be hazardous to the health of your team. :D See, that would be honest.

Question: not really sure why these guys are so down on it(?)
Answer:

1) Most guys here play in leagues that RB's just dont slip.
2) but myself Id rather load up on RB and WR unless one of the top 5 QB's drops to the 4th or 5th round (which I havent seen happen yet)
3) In every draft with Quality opponents ( read non yahoo public leagues, and other public leagues ) One needs to test any strategy against the best, or why even do it? Why have a strategy at all when playing such opponents? How can anyone give advice to anyone playing in leagues he has no idea about, nor what strategy would work best in? That's teh medical equivalent of allowing my Plumber to do my appendectomy, cuz.."pipes is pipes man"

Gezz..works good in the Yahoo leagues..so hey, im a genius! Again, the proposed idea is nothing new, improved or hasn't been done on a regular basis by millions of others. To think otherwise is just out of touch with reality. I can't even number the many times I've seen people get one of each as a Plan of action. The difference is, they don't act like they invented electricity.

Glad you're passionate about the game though, that's what this place is all about. Kudos for that.

Things I have a problem with: Gezz..works good in the Yahoo leagues..so hey, im a genius! Never siad that.

I mean every strategy has been done but every site puts it up every year.

The difference is, they don't act like they invented electricity.

I actually have a problem with all this stuff as those words never came out of my mouth. All this nonsense you making up I never said. Why are you putting words into my mouth? I put it up as a different strategy that people can try. I never said it was the best. Why are you getting this impression and were are you getting this stuff from. I mean I never said that. I have a problem with that. I mean talk about some people. I said it was a good strategy. I never said any of half the stuff you wrote. I am sorry you feel offended by stuff I never said. Putting words into my mouth. Gotta love it damn haters.

look above wanted you to see what I never said.

PostPosted: Sun 07.31.2011, 12:50 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 4569
Donate
jacobissilly wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:
jacobissilly wrote:
runvus17 wrote:
I lay the over/under on Jacob's age at 15........

Nope 33. Wow that was funny. Another hater join the club the bandwagon is still rolling. :popcorn:

are you 32 or 33? or did you have a birthday recently?

http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=262632&p=3657579&hilit=family+kids#p3657579

Some times I forget in my old age. 33. Stop being a wise guy plz topic as guy said. Not stuff that you feel or nonsense like this TY.

just helping you keep your stories straight. anyway, I sent you 1000 sands. you can join a few leagues around here. I suggest the K/DEF challenge.

PostPosted: Sun 07.31.2011, 12:51 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
jacobissilly wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:
jacobissilly wrote:
runvus17 wrote:

Nope 33. Wow that was funny. Another hater join the club the bandwagon is still rolling. :popcorn:

http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=262632&p=3657579&hilit=family+kids#p3657579

Some times I forget in my old age. 33. Stop being a wise guy plz topic as guy said. Not stuff that you feel or nonsense like this TY.

Come on dude...where you from..we're all from somewhere else, it's called America, we've been kicked out of every decent country in the world to be washed up on these shores. Where's your abode? Seriously..wth is going on here..? This can't be for real. It's got to be someone messing with the tank. Too much.

PostPosted: Sun 07.31.2011, 12:53 
Blue Shark

Donate
Fighting Amish wrote:
Quote:
I think dyno's might be an exception to the rule for me. I see lots of value of having a high end QB that you can count on for 4-5 (even more) years in dyno. Its not every year that a QB comes into the league that you know will be viable at the NFL level for FF.

^^ that. Dyno's tend to change your thinking on a number of fronts..having to take him there must have hurt, but looking at the situation you ran with it and adjusted..amirite?

In fact, I believe you went Wr, Qb, Rb? You sir, owe Silly royalties for what has never been done before. Thief! :roll:

Just am not sure why you taking it this way. See what I mean. WOW. I never said it was the best. I did not say I invented it. I was putting this up to help people try it. You are the type of guys that do this for fun I can tell. You go to peoples post and pick it apart because that is just who you are. Then other guys come in and jump on bandwagon. Not all of you but alot. Putting words into my mouth getting kinda old. As I never said half the stuff you are saying.

PostPosted: Sun 07.31.2011, 12:54 
Blue Shark

Donate
SonOfDad wrote:
jacobissilly wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:
jacobissilly wrote:
runvus17 wrote:

just helping you keep your stories straight. anyway, I sent you 1000 sands. you can join a few leagues around here. I suggest the K/DEF challenge.

i am already in it. I am waiting for reply.

PostPosted: Sun 07.31.2011, 12:57 
Blue Shark

Donate
SonOfDad wrote:
jacobissilly wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:
jacobissilly wrote:
runvus17 wrote:

Sorry. I don't give out a heads up. I don't have the time, as I get solicited to do that ALOT. It is on you to get a team. So pay attention, checking frequently for opportunities. Basically you sign up as the expansion teams are posted. It is pretty self explanatory, just watch for the announcement that says "New Players Sign Up Here" or words to that effect. Should be up early next week.

Offensive Coordinator, FantasySharks HAFAX
2004 & 2008 Great White Shark League Site Champion

He wrote me this back so I have to look for it. If you see it send me a message.

PostPosted: Sun 07.31.2011, 13:00 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
ok.. #-o You from Springfield Massachusetts by any chance?

:Drink) Mazel tov (To Life)

PostPosted: Sun 07.31.2011, 13:01 
Blue Shark

Donate
Fighting Amish wrote:
ok.. #-o You from Springfield Massachusetts by any chance?

:Drink) Mazel tov (To Life)

Why you coming over? You want the address.

PostPosted: Sun 07.31.2011, 13:08 
Blue Shark

Donate
Nope 33. Wow that was funny. Another hater join the club the bandwagon is still rolling. :popcorn:[/quote]

http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=262632&p=3657579&hilit=family+kids#p3657579[/quote]

Some times I forget in my old age. 33. Stop being a wise guy plz topic as guy said. Not stuff that you feel or nonsense like this TY.[/quote]

just helping you keep your stories straight. anyway, I sent you 1000 sands. you can join a few leagues around here. I suggest the K/DEF challenge.[/quote]

Sorry. I don't give out a heads up. I don't have the time, as I get solicited to do that ALOT. It is on you to get a team. So pay attention, checking frequently for opportunities. Basically you sign up as the expansion teams are posted. It is pretty self explanatory, just watch for the announcement that says "New Players Sign Up Here" or words to that effect. Should be up early next week.

He wrote me this back so I have to look for it. If you see it send me a message.[/quote]

You want me in this thing so bad you let me know where to sign up and I am in. He said sign up but I doubt I find it unless it is posted on this. So once you find it I will go in. I am not chicken eiteher. You tell me when and I will be there. I will look also but I am new and not sure were to find it. Send me link.

PostPosted: Sun 07.31.2011, 13:10 
Moderatorbaiter

Sand$: 9694
Donate
dal.gif
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:
Keep the discussion on topic. Jacobissilly doesn't deserve the crap a lot of you are giving him. Seriously...tone it down.

What he said.

Keep to the topic or I'm going to split out all the extraneous stuff and drop them in the spam forum.

PostPosted: Sun 07.31.2011, 13:12 
Blue Shark

Donate
StoneCutter wrote:
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:
Keep the discussion on topic. Jacobissilly doesn't deserve the crap a lot of you are giving him. Seriously...tone it down.

What he said.

Keep to the topic or I'm going to split out all the extraneous stuff and drop them in the spam forum.

I am in okay al set. Draft 2 at 8 oclock. Good stuff. Sorry just wanted to let him know.

PostPosted: Sun 07.31.2011, 13:12 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
jacobissilly wrote:

http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=262632&p=3657579&hilit=family+kids#p3657579[/quote]

Some times I forget in my old age. 33. Stop being a wise guy plz topic as guy said. Not stuff that you feel or nonsense like this TY.[/quote]

just helping you keep your stories straight. anyway, I sent you 1000 sands. you can join a few leagues around here. I suggest the K/DEF challenge.[/quote]

He wrote me this back so I have to look for it. If you see it send me a message.[/quote]

You want me in this thing so bad you let me know where to sign up and I am in. He said sign up but I doubt I find it unless it is posted on this. So once you find it I will go in. I am not chicken eiteher. You tell me when and I will be there. I will look also but I am new and not sure were to find it. Send me link.[/quote]

Apparently you're already in the K/D Challenge, but don't draft for a month.

You must be talking about the shark leagues, but someone already gave you a link. You can also look on the front page of this site for information.

PostPosted: Sun 07.31.2011, 13:18 
Blue Shark

Donate
SonOfDad wrote:
jacobissilly wrote:

You want me in this thing so bad you let me know where to sign up and I am in. He said sign up but I doubt I find it unless it is posted on this. So once you find it I will go in. I am not chicken eiteher. You tell me when and I will be there. I will look also but I am new and not sure were to find it. Send me link.[/quote]

You must be talking about the shark leagues, but someone already gave you a link. You can also look on the front page of this site for information.[/quote]

yeah I am going to string it out to see if anyone gets injured.

PostPosted: Sun 07.31.2011, 13:20 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
jacobissilly wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:

You must be talking about the shark leagues, but someone already gave you a link. You can also look on the front page of this site for information.

don't forget to "donate" 500 sands to StoneCutter who runs the challenge. That's the fee for the league.

PostPosted: Sun 07.31.2011, 13:27 
Blue Shark

Donate
SonOfDad wrote:
jacobissilly wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:

don't forget to "donate" 500 sands to StoneCutter who runs the challenge. That's the fee for the league.

Thanks for telling me.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next