FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 04.20.2014, 05:57

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 12:48 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 4304
Donate
ESPN has reported that Mikel LeShoure is out for the season with an achilles injury. This seems a massive blow to the Lions plans. How do they fill the hole? Increase Best's production? Rely on Morris? Trade or pick up from FA?

Increasing Best's production seems risky considering his injury history and lack of NFL experience. Morris has been a good back up but I don't think they will be happy using him for the whole season. A trade or FA pick up looks the most likely and I think Tashard Choice would be the perfect fit.

What does the tank think?

Los Cholos Escrotos
HARD!

Last edited by theoutlawdekepatton on Tue 06.19.2012, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 12:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6166
Donate
phi.gif
his career could be done before it starts. not good at all.

change my avatar! vote now!

PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 12:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6175
Donate
chi.gif
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
ESPN has reported that Mikel LeShoure is out for the season with an achilles injury. This seems a massive blow to the Lions plans. How do they fill the hole? Increase Best's production? Rely on Morris? Trade or pick up from FA?

Increasing Best's production seems risky considering his injury history and lack of NFL experience. Morris has been a good back up but I don't think they will be happy using him for the whole season. A trade or FA pick up looks the most likely and I think Tashard Choice would be the perfect fit.

Well, word out of camp is that Best has been getting most of the 1st team reps anyways, I don't know why you say he lacks NFL experience when he played most of the 10/11 season. I think this bumps up Best's value, especially in PPR drafts where he should now be going in the 3rd, next to guys like Bradshaw and Blount.

PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 12:57 
SandShark

Sand$: 286
Donate
sf.gif
I think I'm glad I haven't drafted yet! I was targeting this guy heavily, figured with Best's fragility he was going to see a lot of carries in a good-getting-better offense.

I like the Choice suggestion, maybe a change of scenery helps him reach his potential (or at least the potential that those of us in fantasy land have tried to pin on him the last 2 years).

PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 13:00 
HammerHead Shark

Donate
mkurylowski wrote:

Well, word out of camp is that Best has been getting most of the 1st team reps anyways, I don't know why you say he lacks NFL experience when he played most of the 10/11 season. I think this bumps up Best's value, especially in PPR drafts where he should now be going in the 3rd, next to guys like Bradshaw and Blount.

Good call. Stats say he played 16 games. I was sure he had missed a few. We haven't seen much of him being at 100% in the NFL though, he had a 3.2 yards rushing average. That can't inspire too much confidence.

Los Cholos Escrotos
HARD!

PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 13:03 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1787
Donate
Glad I passed on him in our rook draft. Feel bad for my good friend whose rookies keep getting season ending injuries. Both Montario hardesty and ben tate lasy year had season enders, then leshore this year

Te- Jared Cook, gresham
Idp- Lawerence Timmons
Def-Giants
K-Crosby

PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 13:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
chi.gif
mkurylowski wrote:

Good call. Stats say he played 16 games. I was sure he had missed a few. We haven't seen much of him being at 100% in the NFL though, he had a 3.2 yards rushing average. That can't inspire too much confidence.

Well, what inspires confidence is that he was playing injured and still amassed 58 receptions and 6 tds in his rookie season, with stafford out for most of the year. With the leader of their offense back, and his health restored, I could see Best having a top 10 season in PPR.

PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 13:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14196
Donate
oak.gif
anyone think jerome harrison make it to detroit to be backup ???

PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 13:27 
HammerHead Shark

Donate
mkurylowski wrote:
mkurylowski wrote:

Well, what inspires confidence is that he was playing injured and still amassed 58 receptions and 6 tds in his rookie season, with stafford out for most of the year. With the leader of their offense back, and his health restored, I could see Best having a top 10 season in PPR.

So you see a kinda DMC situation with Best then? I can see that and I agree on the receptions. Before last year though no-one was confident in D-Mac carrying the offense and projected Bush above him. Far better skill players in Detroit so I understand your reasons for optimism but I can't help but feel the Lions management don't feel the same way.

This from Detroit Free Press

"The Lions were counting on the 229-pound Leshoure to be an important part of their running game this year, a between-the-tackles and short-yardage complement to Jahvid Best."

I am not too sure Best or Morris pick up the slack.

Los Cholos Escrotos
HARD!

PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 13:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
chi.gif
It's not like Leshoure was pegged to be the starter, he was just going to be a short-yardage and up the middle type of guy to change the pace from Best who is more of a lateral runner. Best was still going to be the clear starter, don't get it twisted.

PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 13:37 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1263
Donate
I hope they trade for Choice.

2008 - Tiger Shark 5 - Points Champ

PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 13:46 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
mstrbass2000 wrote:
anyone think jerome harrison make it to detroit to be backup ???

Dont think so, although anything is possible. Harrison is too similar of a back to Best imo for them to do that.

PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 13:47 
HammerHead Shark

Donate
[quote="mkurylowski"]It's not like Leshoure was pegged to be the starter, he was just going to be a short-yardage and up the middle type of guy to change

yes, understood. i don't doubt Bests position. i guess my question would be "Do the Lions bring in anyone to replace LeShoure and does that player have fantasy relevance.?

Los Cholos Escrotos
HARD!

PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 13:48 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
mkurylowski wrote:
It's not like Leshoure was pegged to be the starter, he was just going to be a short-yardage and up the middle type of guy to change

yes, understood. i don't doubt Bests position. i guess my question would be "Do the Lions bring in anyone to replace LeShoure and does that player have fantasy relevance.?

Yes, the Lions will replace him sometime this week actually. Will he have fantasy relevance..could be, we'll see.

PostPosted: Mon 08.08.2011, 13:50 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 3948
Donate
dal.gif
This Just In wrote:
I hope they trade for Choice.

The Lions don't have a Guard or a extra CB ..only way I see that happen