FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 10.21.2014, 20:35

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu 09.15.2011, 12:17 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7305
Donate
cle.gif
Beginning this week and continuing all season I'll be publishing IDP Manor's IDP Cheatsheet here at Fantasy Sharks.

LINK

Enjoy! :thumbright:

Follow IDPManor on Twitter!

Last edited by Kilroy1872 on Thu 12.22.2011, 11:07, edited 13 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu 09.15.2011, 13:01 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2992
Donate
car.gif
Cool. Very helpful. If you find a way to have a code for guys who will be better in big play leagues, that would also be nice.

WR AJ,Calvin,Thomas,Nelson,Collie,Washington,Haywardbey
TE Graham,Cook
K Bailey
DL Johnson,Bennett
LB Urlacher,Lee,Bowman,Angerer
DB Chancellor,Burnett,Houston

PostPosted: Thu 09.15.2011, 13:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Mikeheel wrote:
Cool. Very helpful. If you find a way to have a code for guys who will be better in big play leagues, that would also be nice.

All depends on the scoring, but predicting big play leagues can get pretty tricky, if only because big plays themselves are inherently fluky. Best thing you can do is try to hedge your bet matchup-wise...Shaky O-Lines lead to more sacks, QBs that like to throw to the guy in the wrong color hat, RBs with the oopsies, that sorta thing.

Anyone in particular you were wondering about?

PostPosted: Thu 09.15.2011, 14:03 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2992
Donate
car.gif
Nope, just thought it might be a nice extra feature to have an asterisk or something beside guys you thought would go up in BP leagues and some sort of indicator about guys who could slide down a bit in BP leagues.

WR AJ,Calvin,Thomas,Nelson,Collie,Washington,Haywardbey
TE Graham,Cook
K Bailey
DL Johnson,Bennett
LB Urlacher,Lee,Bowman,Angerer
DB Chancellor,Burnett,Houston

PostPosted: Thu 09.15.2011, 15:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4892
Donate
min.gif
Nice list, Is there a reason Clay Mathews isn't rated under LB's?

PostPosted: Thu 09.15.2011, 15:29 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Mikeheel wrote:
Nope, just thought it might be a nice extra feature to have an asterisk or something beside guys you thought would go up in BP leagues and some sort of indicator about guys who could slide down a bit in BP leagues.

Hmmmm. Let me think on that a bit, and I'll see if that's a feature I might be able to add to the week three cheatsheet.

Funny, in the 2+ seasons that I've been doing it (and it was/is by far the most popular feature at IDP Manor) no one ever asked about that before. Good suggestion though, and one I shall endeavor to implement in some way next week. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Thu 09.15.2011, 15:39 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
PlumDaddy wrote:
Nice list, Is there a reason Clay Mathews isn't rated under LB's?

There were a handful of guys that just missed "the cut" (especially at LB, which is always the hardest one for me to wrestle with), and Matthews was one of them. He's an excellent example of a guy that would get a bump in big play formats, but here I'd have him pegged as a lower-end LB3, which would fall just outside the top 30. That also likely reflects a bit of my own personal bias, as although I love the kid as a player (was a HUGE fan of his dad growing up) I tend to favor the consistency of big tacklers over the boom/bust aspect of rush OLBs, which is why comparatively few crack my top 30.

I've thought about going deeper with the llst, but 30 was a number I arrived at more out of time constraints than anything else. I'm up to three articles a week here now (I'll be submitting IDP Start/Sit tonight for publication tomorrow), and between that, The Manor, my other writing commitments, and trying to spend some time in the IDP forum each day answering questions there's only so much time to get stuff done.

Like I said, if there's a player you don't see listed who you're wondering about, just ask, and I'll do my best to give you my thoughts on him. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Thu 09.15.2011, 16:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
DL Rankings Updated to reflect Dumervil likely being a scratch this week. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Fri 09.16.2011, 14:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
DB rankings Updated to reflect Chris Hope likely being out against the Ratbirds. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Fri 09.23.2011, 15:25 
Chum

Sand$: 18
Donate
I had to come out of lurk mode to ask when week 3 is coming up..Found this site at the start of the season and this spreadsheet has payed dividends..

Thanks Kilroy.

PostPosted: Fri 09.23.2011, 16:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Unstatusfied wrote:
I had to come out of lurk mode to ask when week 3 is coming up..Found this site at the start of the season and this spreadsheet has payed dividends..

Thanks Kilroy.

LINK

It comes out on Thursdays most weeks. Been in Ohio all week, and spaced posting the link here.

PostPosted: Thu 09.29.2011, 14:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
The Week Four Cheatsheet is up.

LINK

PostPosted: Fri 09.30.2011, 22:35 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Week Four DB Rankings Updated to reflect the Kam Chancellor injury.

PostPosted: Fri 09.30.2011, 22:56 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4208
Donate
I'm kinda surprised Antonio Smith isn't in your top 30...he had the most quarterback hits in the nfl last year at 19, so him getting to the QB has never been a problem, and now with him being opposite Watt, and on the same side as Super Mario, he is never double teamed...he has a sack in each of the first 3 games, and getting to Big Ben has never been that big of an issue, and that O-Line is in shambles...Watt makes your list, but SMith, who has outscored Watt by the narrowest of margins this season, doesn't...I understand from a previous post, that you would prefer choosing guys that get tackles, and not having to rely on the boom or bust business of sacks, whcih is where Smith's value lies, however with the tasty matchup, and knowing that PIT should be passing ad nauseum, I'm a little surprised he doesn't crack your top 30...

Please don't think I am belittling your list, I'm not. I appreciate your rankings, was just wondering if you maybe missed one here or if I am Giving Smith too much credence?

[quote="tha1000"]I would sell low on Shonn Greene if I could find somebody willing to trade me a bag of doritos for the guy... If I could figure out the physics of it, I would kick myself square in the nuts for drafting that clown.[/quote]

Last edited by runvus17 on Fri 09.30.2011, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 09.30.2011, 23:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
runvus17 wrote:
I'm kinda surprised Antonio Smith isn't in your top 30...he had the most quarterback hits in the nfl last year at 19, so him getting to the QB has never been a problem, and now with him being opposite Watt, and on the same side as Super Mario, he is never double teamed...he has a sack in each of the first 3 games, and getting to Big Ben has never been that big of an issue, and that O-Line is in shambles...Watt makes your list, but SMith, who has outscored Watt by the narrowest of margins this season, doesn't...I understand from a previous post, that you would prefer choosing guys that get tackles, and not having to rely on the boom or bust business of sacks, whcih is where Smith's value lies, however with the tasty matchup, and knowing that PIT should be passing ad nauseum, I'm a little surprised he doesn't crack your top 5...

Please don't think I am belittling your list, I'm not. I appreciate your rankings, was just wondering if you maybe missed one here or if I am Giving Smith too much credence?

No offense taken whatsoever. I welcome discussion of the rankings, including folks that disagree with me. Sometimes we can learn more from those disagreements than we do when we all sit around patting each other on the back because we all agree that so-and-so is a stud/bust/whatever.

Smith just missed the cut, and I wouldn't necessarily take any issue with someone else ranking him as a DL2 for this week. There's generally quite a bit of variance from set to set in IDP rankings, be it because of personal philosophies, homerism, one man's hunch, or any number of other reasons.

Smith's been off to a great start, but he trails Watt in tackles 13 to 7 (and you're correct, I'm a tackles guy...don't like to count on big plays for production), and I just have a hard time imagining that a 3-4 DE is gonna notch a sack in 4 straight games. It's as much educated guess as anything, and it's possible I'll turn out to be dead wrong (Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last. Price of putting yourself "out there" is that people get to see the misses right along with the hits), but this week smells like an "off" game for Smith, even though the matchup is favorable.

I'd still put him in lower-end DL3 territory this week, but he's a roll the dice play in my opinion, while Watt's a safer bet to at least log a handful of stops.