FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 07.30.2014, 12:11

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 09.27.2011, 09:29 
Moderatorbaiter

Sand$: 9742
Donate
dal.gif
This thread is intended for individual player discussion.

Breaking news or injury status may still be posted in the Main Tank, but will be merged into these threads after sufficient time has passed. Mods will update the thread title to include these breaking reports as soon as they can. To aid in letting us know when this occurs, please use the report function to alert us when an update needs to be made.

Please continue to post WSIS, TRADE, WAIVER, and DRAFT question in their appropriate forums.

For additional news, stats, and projections on this player, please see his Fantasy Sharks Player Page.

PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 10:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4902
Donate
dal.gif
Copy/Pasted from the Start/Bench List Week 7:

Quote:
Steven Jackson , St. Louis at Dallas: I know Jackson gained 96 yards rushing last week and also threw in four catches for 29 yards for good measure. I also know that he left the game for a short period of time with an injury. You simply can’t count on Jackson to be your starting running back on a consistent basis regardless of the matchup. Facing a Dallas run defense that shut down New England’s running attack last week and has shut down rushers all season is all the more reason to keep Jackson on your bench until a better matchup comes around.

Any info regarding the severity of the injury? Regardless what the "experts" say I'm starting him if he's proven healthy.

Just to clarify I do realize Dallas ranks 1st in run defense:

Quote:
Who has to stop him? The Cowboys rank first in the league in stopping the run. They are allowing only 69.6 yards per game on the ground. Defensive linemen Kenyon Coleman, Jay Ratliff, Marcus Spears and Jason Hatcher have done a good job clogging running lanes. Inside linebacker Sean Lee also has been solid against the run.

I just think he'll do enough damage through the air to make up for any lacking of run production.

PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 21:26 
SandShark

Sand$: 202
Donate
I'm on the fence with him this week as well. I'm inclined to rely on him being a great screen option and with lloyd on the team at least they cant blatantly stack the box.

PostPosted: Thu 10.27.2011, 12:23 
Chum

Sand$: 10
Donate
I think after putting up good numbers against a top five rush defense we can put this issue to rest. S. Jax is a must start unless you have a bench full of ADP, Fred Jackson and Frank Gore.

PostPosted: Fri 11.16.2012, 09:41 
SandShark

Sand$: 340
Donate
who has the better ROS outlook; Mathews or SJAX?

J Graham
Forbath
ARI D