FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 08.01.2014, 19:23

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat 10.22.2011, 01:44 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1516
Donate
chi.gif
i see thomas jones vulturing a lot of tds the rest of the season...

RB-Forte, MJD, Bell, Rainey
WRs-Dez, Djax, Allen, Boykin
TE-Gates, Green
D- Panthers, Raiders
K- Suisham

PostPosted: Sat 10.22.2011, 11:26 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1390
Donate
Seen this link today http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/21/32 ... z1bWTylFdL

Looks promising, does any know any background on him from college? Was last game against the Colts talent or getting what was blocked?

PostPosted: Sat 10.22.2011, 14:24 
Chum

Sand$: 68
Donate
ryanpstew wrote:
i see thomas jones vulturing a lot of tds the rest of the season...

I just don't really see this happening. Battle is 6'2"/240 with much fresher legs. Don't get me wrong, I could see T. Jones scoring every once in a while, but unless Battle has fumbling problems, I foresee him getting the bulk of the goal line carries.

I see T.Jones as the 3rd down back, with Battle getting nearly every other carry and then McCluster being that dynamic Danny Woodhead-type player getting 4-6 carries and 4-6 receptions a game good for about 40 total yards a week. I honestly think that with a motivated Jackie Battle, finally getting his opportunity, the Chiefs offense is going to turn it around and be more like last year than this year. I think having Battle as the starter upgrades just about every player on the Chiefs outside of Thomas Jones.

*Warning: I love me some Jackie Battle.

PostPosted: Sat 10.22.2011, 15:19 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1722
Donate
I'm happily starting him at my flex this week. I've got other solid WR options in a PPR but the upside is there IMHO. The Raiders QB situation and the Chiefs OC's comments lead me to believe that this is going to be a game of almost exclusively DMC vs. Battle. I don't think it's a coincidence that KC has produced multiple prolific RBs throughout the past decade. Does anyone remember Kolby Smith? First game where he saw significant work was 2008 vs. Oakland. 31 carries 150 yds and 2 TDs. I know it's a different situation, but I feel like it could be a deja vu scenario tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 08:59 
SandShark

Sand$: 202
Donate
phi.gif
anybody watch the chiefs/raiders game? i was lookin at the stat line and it looked like 4 or 5 guys carried the ball for the chiefs...wasn't there thoughts about this guy pullin the starting gig?

how'd he look?

Starters:
Ryan
DmC, Bradshaw
Marshall, Jordy, Welker
Pitta
Matchup
Bryant

Bench: d. martin, 'quizz, rudolph, v. brown, t. young, hernandez, k. smith, hawkins

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 12:32 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1
Donate
It looked like the KC coach's grandson's fantasy team was facing Battle. 2 TD's vultured and a bunch of carries. Not only did he not start, but I'm pretty sure he was the 3rd RB to get a shot and the first one to have positive yards. Still they kept giving the other guys carries.

J. Thomas, Wright
Dawson
CIN,DET

Last edited by Seed 2.0 on Mon 10.24.2011, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 12:50 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 1117
Donate
kc.gif
Haley did was he, unfortunately, does best.

Battle did get a lion's share of the carries, and did very well with them. The fact the Chiefs offense was rarely on the field was most of the problem. The Raiders had a lot of time consuming drives end in INTs or INTs run back for TD's. It looked almost as if Haley was trying to protect Battle. Even though I started him in two leagues I kind of like the approach. The kid was pretty much on the bench two weeks ago and now he's the man. I think easing him in is the way to go, especially when the game was out of hand.

The touch count shows the story though:
Battle - 16 for 76 yards (4.8 ypc)
McCluster - 9 for 40 yards (4.4)
Jones - 9 for 18 (2.0)
Arenas - 1 for 7 (7) and a touchdown
McClain - 1 for 1 (1) and a touchdown

The McClain TD I didn't mind, sometimes the FB just needs to punch it in. The Arenas one bothered me though. Oakland was crowding the line and waiting for something up the middle... so it was a great call, but I would have much rather seen Battle given the opportunity to punch it in.

Again, I'm thinking (and hoping) it was more a case of easing Battle into the full workload going forward. He's without a doubt the best back on KC right now.

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 13:05 
SandShark

Sand$: 202
Donate
phi.gif
Norseman056 wrote:
Haley did was he, unfortunately, does best.

Battle did get a lion's share of the carries, and did very well with them. The fact the Chiefs offense was rarely on the field was most of the problem. The Raiders had a lot of time consuming drives end in INTs or INTs run back for TD's. It looked almost as if Haley was trying to protect Battle. Even though I started him in two leagues I kind of like the approach. The kid was pretty much on the bench two weeks ago and now he's the man. I think easing him in is the way to go, especially when the game was out of hand.

The touch count shows the story though:
Battle - 16 for 76 yards (4.8 ypc)
McCluster - 9 for 40 yards (4.4)
Jones - 9 for 18 (2.0)
Arenas - 1 for 7 (7) and a touchdown
McClain - 1 for 1 (1) and a touchdown

The McClain TD I didn't mind, sometimes the FB just needs to punch it in. The Arenas one bothered me though. Oakland was crowding the line and waiting for something up the middle... so it was a great call, but I would have much rather seen Battle given the opportunity to punch it in.

Again, I'm thinking (and hoping) it was more a case of easing Battle into the full workload going forward. He's without a doubt the best back on KC right now.

Nice, sounds promising....thanks for the summary

Starters:
Ryan
DmC, Bradshaw
Marshall, Jordy, Welker
Pitta
Matchup
Bryant

Bench: d. martin, 'quizz, rudolph, v. brown, t. young, hernandez, k. smith, hawkins

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 14:03 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1
Donate
He did have a sore neck so hopefully the ease him in theory is correct.

Well either Battle or the Law Firm will be my RB#2 next week. Not a situation to look forward too. I'm going to be up against my boss at work, and frankly I want to crush him.

J. Thomas, Wright
Dawson
CIN,DET

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 15:12 
Chum

Sand$: 30
Donate
Yea battle had a 1 yard carry vultured by LaRon McCain which sucked and he didnt get the 30+ carries we hoped.

What is more important though is that Battle is a beast. Watch his highlight video, watch his pro day videos, look at his physique. This guy has the ability to be a big time back....even though he was cheated on caries he still put up 75 yards.

That is 200 yards in two games....on about 30 carries.

Hold on to this guy he may break out...

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 15:48 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 1117
Donate
kc.gif
Seed 2.0 wrote:
He did have a sore neck so hopefully the ease him in theory is correct.

Well either Battle or the Law Firm will be my RB#2 next week. Not a situation to look forward too. I'm going to be up against my boss at work, and frankly I want to crush him.

I love Battle, and am a huge KC fan, but I would start BJGE over him in a heartbeat. I've been trying to trade for him in all my leagues. He plays a stretch of teams that are so weak against the run, and when it gets cold up in Foxboro they'll go to the ground a little more.

Mark my words, BJGE is going to be putting up SOLID RB2 numbers for the next 5 games.

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 21:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5048
Donate
ne.gif
I curse the absence of NFL ticket in my home.

I haven't been able to watch any of the KC games.
How is Jackie Battle running ? Is he a straight-line runner or is there any shiftiness there?

I saw they got down to the goalline but ran a Wildcat play. Did Battle get any looks around the goalline during the game. Is he worth a pick-up and start as a RB2 on a team decimated my injuries? (namely mine).

Thx

WR's/TE: Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Josh Gordon
D/ST: Cowboys, Panthers
K: Bullock

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 21:12 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 52
Donate
atl.gif
Dropping Jones. Battle appears to be taking over although KC hasn't exactly proven to be an offensive power this year either way

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 21:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4178
Donate
tmidgley wrote:
Dropping Jones. Battle appears to be taking over although KC hasn't exactly proven to be an offensive power this year either way

Mccluster got way too many carries and McClain got the goal line work...he may have some decent games, but if he only put up 70 yards on an Oakland team that gets gashed by the run, when KC was up 20+ the entire second half, I'd say he is a huge risk at best....I'd pass, unless your other options are like Keiland Williams or Lance Ball, then I'd take a look...

oh, and if you look half way down the page, there is already a Jackie Battle thread....the search function is your friend :thumbright:

EDIT: this was directed at OP, not you Midgely

[quote="tha1000"]I would sell low on Shonn Greene if I could find somebody willing to trade me a bag of doritos for the guy... If I could figure out the physics of it, I would kick myself square in the nuts for drafting that clown.[/quote]

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 21:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5048
Donate
ne.gif
My bad.
But additional comments welcome. :)

WR's/TE: Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Josh Gordon
D/ST: Cowboys, Panthers
K: Bullock

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next