Trading for future Draft Picks?

Leopard Shark
Sand$: 345.08
I am in a league that redrafts every year. One of the owners is 2-6 and he had some really bad luck (most PA, 3rd most PS). So he has some good players the record just doesnt show it. Its only my second year playing so im not clear on all the FF ethics. Since his season is practically over i was wanting some advice on if its fair to trade players for next years draft or even money. I dont consider this collusion since he posted it on the message board and it give everybody the opportunity to make a deal. Is this a fair and acceptable practice? Thoughts on this issue?

QB: C. Palmer
RB: Forte, Gurley, Gordon, M. Jones, C. West
WR: A. Brown, Cobb, J. Matthews, M. Wallace, Hankerson
TE: Olsen, Gates
K: Hauschka
DEF: Carolina
12 Team Non PPR, 1 Keeper
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, D/S
Megalodon
Sand$: 8,020.78
No. Trading draft picks in a redraft should never happen. In redraft, everyone should start from square one.

Edit: and trading them for MONEY is even worse. :F
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 44,166.70
Agreed with ^^^.

No way I'd allow trading for picks as you don't even know draft order. How can you trade if you don't know if you're ahead or behind him? What you're doing is allowing him a huge competitive advantage of extra picks in a redraft league.

Money? Never. Ever. That's grounds for booting if you do it.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,886.62
Drush08 wrote:I am in a league that redrafts every year. One of the owners is 2-6 and he had some really bad luck (most PA, 3rd most PS). So he has some good players the record just doesnt show it. Its only my second year playing so im not clear on all the FF ethics. Since his season is practically over i was wanting some advice on if its fair to trade players for next years draft or even money. I dont consider this collusion since he posted it on the message board and it give everybody the opportunity to make a deal. Is this a fair and acceptable practice? Thoughts on this issue?

Agree with the other gents regarding draft picks. In a full redraft, no owner has rights to next year's draft or roster until next year.

Regarding money, that is usually within the definition of collusion where you make one team better at the detriment of the other with the idea to share profit. Just because everyone has the chance does not change that. You are effectively allowing someone to try to buy the championship.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 345.08
alright, thanks guys, that clears it up for me

QB: C. Palmer
RB: Forte, Gurley, Gordon, M. Jones, C. West
WR: A. Brown, Cobb, J. Matthews, M. Wallace, Hankerson
TE: Olsen, Gates
K: Hauschka
DEF: Carolina
12 Team Non PPR, 1 Keeper
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, D/S
Megalodon
Sand$: 8,020.78
pwbowen wrote:No way I'd allow trading for picks as you don't even know draft order. How can you trade if you don't know if you're ahead or behind him? What you're doing is allowing him a huge competitive advantage of extra picks in a redraft league.

I can say if I was one of the other members of the league, and he were to pick up an extra 1st rounder or two due to trades, I'd probably not play the next year because he'd be starting out WAY too far ahead.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 3,504.36
Most people would think it's ridiculous to trade future draft picks in a redraft. In a redraft everyone starts over every year.

The money thing is a completely separate issue, that's just obviously cheating.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 238.00
money lol thats a new one for me...never knew ppl would get that desperate....i wouldnt play with guys that would allow that
Blue Shark
Sand$: 912.28
Agree with the consensus. In a redraft league, it makes no sense to trade players for future picks.