FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 10.20.2014, 22:43

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: LA Vikings!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu 11.03.2011, 14:40 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 884
Donate
vonbearsalot wrote:
Bears aren't that far away. And we have a super likeable quarterback.

He later ate that cat

Quote:
The quarterback says the scorn he receives for his beliefs is even more troubling because he is not overt about them.

“I can see why some people don’t like Tim Tebow because he’s so in your face about his faith,” said Cutler. “But I’m not an evangelical Satanist. Have I tried to win a few teammates over with pregame sacrifices? Sure. From time to time. But I don’t push anyone. I just try to live my life as miserable as possible and hope that darkness consumes those around me. And if not, well, they’ll burn in hell alongside me one day anyway, so what does it matter?”

http://www.sportspickle.com/news/8667/j ... ping-satan

QB: Ryan
RB: Ellington, Stacy, Crowell, Pierce, Cunningham, Brown
WR: Megatron, A. Brown, Randle, Quick, Gordon, Robinson
TE: Daniels
K: Graham
DEF: DET

PostPosted: Thu 11.03.2011, 14:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 57227
Donate
This thread is Main Tank gold. It's not very often we can say that.

PostPosted: Thu 11.03.2011, 14:50 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 336
Donate
chi.gif
There are many errors in the OP.

-Zygi is not kicking in $450MM (yet)
-Minnesota will not gain $220MM off of the deal. Who pays the interest on the bonds?
-You're also ignoring substitution effects. The state will see a similar tax haul with or without the Vikes
-You've overstated the state taxes off of salaries by a factor of two
-Property taxes get paid with or without Vikings owning said property

Other obstacles:

-Any sales tax hikes must be approved by the voters (no chance)
-74% of Minnesotans oppose any public funding for a new stadium

Fear not, though. The Vikes will not be going anywhere soon. The proposed revenue sharing setup for a new LA stadium is such that there is no way an NFL team would relocate there. Other options are few and far between.

Crusty MeatPuppets
2009 ACHS Undefeated League Champs

Neckbeard's Bottle of Jack
Back-to-back AEI FFL Champions 2011, 2012

Salt Torpedos
2012 Runner-up (finally cashed)

1982 Lower Oakland Roller Derby Final Runner-up

Last edited by CBass33 on Thu 11.03.2011, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu 11.03.2011, 15:01 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55121
Donate
min.gif
I find it ironic that Minnesotans don't want to spend any of their money to build a new stadium, but they will be pissed when the Vikings leave. They want it all without paying for anything. Isn't that the problem with everyone in this country lately?

PostPosted: Thu 11.03.2011, 15:12 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 38878
Donate
pit.gif
unimsw wrote:
I find it ironic that Minnesotans don't want to spend any of their money to build a new stadium, but they will be pissed when the Vikings leave. They want it all without paying for anything. Isn't that the problem with everyone in this country lately?

might be a little more to it then that.

PostPosted: Thu 11.03.2011, 15:20 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 9939
Donate
det.gif
rugger48 wrote:
unimsw wrote:

They want their own reality tv show?

Rivers, Ryan
Miller, Williams (NYG), Crowell, Stacy
Dez, Michael Floyd, Sanu, Cooks
Graham, Allen
Zuerlein, Succop
Broncos, Cowboys

PostPosted: Thu 11.03.2011, 15:31 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 38878
Donate
pit.gif
Gill Posse wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
unimsw wrote:

They want their own reality tv show?

The fanbase has been doing their job, they have been selling out for close to 6 season give or take. Im sure 10- 15 years ago they were selling pretty good to. So Im sure they would have a right to not be happy if the team moved to LA where 2 franchises were not able to stay. So it seems to me its a little more than, hey they dont want to pay for a stadium they have no right to pissed off. Im sure if the price came down and wilf put up more money there wouldnt be as big a problem.

PostPosted: Thu 11.03.2011, 16:08 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 1744
Donate
cle.gif
I have studied the economics behind subsidizing professional sports stadiums. It has been concluded that it is not advised for any city to contribute even a dime. It is simply not an economically sound decision for a city or state to make.

If you have ~20 minutes and are interested in this kind of thing, read this.

http://www.uwlax.edu/faculty/anderson/m ... adiums.pdf

PostPosted: Thu 11.03.2011, 16:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 24231
Donate
atl.gif
Socal wrote:
Does LA really need another sports team whose team colors are purple and yellow??? :F

Kind of ironic (am I using that right? don't taze me if not) that the current purple and yellow team there moved from Minnesota as well.

History repeats itself? :-k

PostPosted: Thu 11.03.2011, 16:34 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 26
Donate
car.gif
These "representatives" really annoy me sometimes. Have they never heard of the phrase you have to spend money to make money? People today are just plain stupid, I believe cell phones, t.v. and the internet have retarded us to a level we have never seen since the missing link. :F I bet they're thinking, "Ziggy doesn't have the balls to move the Vikings away, nobody has ever moved a solid franchise from Minnesota and had success. We're going to look so smart and people will realize that the Tea party will save AMERCA and we'll all have a big ol' party." The Lakers, and North Stars come to mind. I'd hate to see Minnesota lose another franchise, especially one with their history.

But, if they do move, how awesome would it be if they moved to Norway? They'd ride into games on Dethklok's murder mobile ship, play black metal, and wear face paint. Awesome face paint unlike the girly makeup Saints fans wear. :D

PostPosted: Thu 11.03.2011, 16:37 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55666
Donate
chi.gif
Rammsteinfan1988 wrote:
These "representatives" really annoy me sometimes. Have they never heard of the phrase you have to spend money to make money? People today are just plain stupid, I believe cell phones, t.v. and the internet have retarded us to a level we have never seen since the missing link. :F I bet they're thinking, "Ziggy doesn't have the balls to move the Vikings away, nobody has ever moved a solid franchise from Minnesota and had success. We're going to look so smart and people will realize that the Tea party will save AMERCA and we'll all have a big ol' party." The Lakers, and North Stars come to mind. I'd hate to see Minnesota lose another franchise, especially one with their history.

But, if they do move, how awesome would it be if they moved to Norway? They'd ride into games on Dethklok's murder mobile ship, play black metal, and wear face paint. Awesome face paint unlike the girly makeup Saints fans wear. :D

What history? A history of not winning Super Bowls?

PostPosted: Thu 11.03.2011, 16:48 
Leopard Shark

Donate
car.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
Rammsteinfan1988 wrote:

What history? A history of not winning Super Bowls?

Zing!

PostPosted: Thu 11.03.2011, 16:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7971
Donate
cin.gif
X5 for the Cutler pic....that thing is awesome.

PostPosted: Thu 11.03.2011, 16:57 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 336
Donate
chi.gif
Rammsteinfan1988 wrote:
Have they never heard of the phrase you have to spend money to make money?......

Has a government ever made money investing in sports stadia? If so, you can probably count them on one hand.

I do like the Norway idea. Excellent homefield advantage.

Crusty MeatPuppets
2009 ACHS Undefeated League Champs

Neckbeard's Bottle of Jack
Back-to-back AEI FFL Champions 2011, 2012

Salt Torpedos
2012 Runner-up (finally cashed)

1982 Lower Oakland Roller Derby Final Runner-up

PostPosted: Thu 11.03.2011, 17:11 
Leopard Shark

Donate
car.gif
CBass33 wrote:
Rammsteinfan1988 wrote:
Have they never heard of the phrase you have to spend money to make money?......

Has a government ever made money investing in sports stadia? If so, you can probably count them on one hand.

I do like the Norway idea. Excellent homefield advantage.

It's not really the taxes directly from the team that help, it's the economy surrounding the team that it helps. I look at it this way, you can play a political game of chicken if you want, but they have to realize the other player might not give in and they'll collide in a fiery ball of death.

Also, they could play on the island of Svalbard in an outdoor stadium since it's still owned by Norway. Maybe summon a troll or two? Have a polar bear on the turf?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next