FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 09.03.2014, 02:00

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu 11.10.2011, 19:12 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1370
Donate
sf.gif
So, NFL and ESPN have Ray Lewis with a PD for week 9.
Yahoo! has taken that state away causing a loss in the league.

What is the best way to handle this situation?

PostPosted: Thu 11.10.2011, 23:54 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 34210
Donate
car.gif
Patranus wrote:

What site is your league using?

If you don't specify a different site for stat corrections, there's nothing to be done. You can't now decide that it needs to be added because a different site says so. You have no basis to claim this is the only time it would be applicable so far this year.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Sat 11.12.2011, 20:20 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10092
Donate
sf.gif
pwbowen wrote:
Patranus wrote:

What site is your league using?

If you don't specify a different site for stat corrections, there's nothing to be done. You can't now decide that it needs to be added because a different site says so. You have no basis to claim this is the only time it would be applicable so far this year.

yeah, it depends on what your site requires. But for me, the NFL is the official site, and what it says, goes.

PostPosted: Sun 11.13.2011, 17:42 
Mako Shark

Donate
sf.gif
So Yahoo! has fixed their official box score for the game
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3542
But they haven't gone back and fixed the result for week 9.

I think I am going to go back and fix the stat line. Yahoo! had it correct and then incorrectly updated it on Thursday. They fixed their box scores but I am not sure they will go back and fix week 9 games. If they don't this is unacceptable as they caused wins/losses because of their error.

PostPosted: Sun 11.13.2011, 17:45 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
Patranus wrote:

I think I am going to go back and fix the stat line. Yahoo! had it correct and then incorrectly updated it on Thursday. They fixed their box scores but I am not sure they will go back and fix week 9 games. If they don't this is unacceptable as they caused wins/losses because of their error.

Have you checked every stat correction and manually did them as the year goes along?

If not, I don't see how you can decide to do one in week 9. Whether or not it causes a loss shouldn't be a factor, either they should be put thru or not. Some leagues don't allow corrections at all, some do it only until Wed or Thurs, some do it whenever.

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Sun 11.13.2011, 18:46 
Mako Shark

Donate
sf.gif
pwbowen wrote:
Patranus wrote:

Have you checked every stat correction and manually did them as the year goes along?

If not, I don't see how you can decide to do one in week 9. Whether or not it causes a loss shouldn't be a factor, either they should be put thru or not. Some leagues don't allow corrections at all, some do it only until Wed or Thurs, some do it whenever.

The issue is that Yahoo! awarded him a PD resulting in a win, then took away the PD on Thursday resulting in a loss, then re awarded the PD today.

The error was the taking away of the PD originally which shouldn't have been taken away in the first place. It was an action by Yahoo! that shouldn't have occurred at all.

PostPosted: Sun 11.13.2011, 22:36 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
Patranus wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Patranus wrote:

The issue is that Yahoo! awarded him a PD resulting in a win, then took away the PD on Thursday resulting in a loss, then re awarded the PD today.

The error was the taking away of the PD originally which shouldn't have been taken away in the first place. It was an action by Yahoo! that shouldn't have occurred at all.

And it didn't autocorrect? You need to verify that with them before making any manual adjustments. You dont' want to end up counting it 2x.

PostPosted: Mon 11.14.2011, 00:01 
Mako Shark

Donate
sf.gif
NFL

Yahoo! Sports

ESPN

And then we have Yahoo! Fantasy Football

Pretty clear cut case of Yahoo! Fantasy Football being screwed up.
What I am worried about is that they will correct it but not until later and then they won't recalculate the win/loss.
Not sure what to do, have one owner in my ear continuously about this.

PostPosted: Mon 11.14.2011, 08:36 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
I think it's pretty simple, you do exactly what you've done up until the point.

If you have no rules setup to address stat corrections then I don't see how you can institute it because you have a whiner.

I would suggest you simply say "we don't know that this hasn't happened in the past and someone lost (or gained) points they shouldn't have. It would not be fair to the entire league to institute a new policy mid-season. I feel your pain (give Clinton thumbs up and bite lip). That is a definite thing that we need to address in the off-season."

MFL has a separate page that shows all stat corrections week by week and asks if you want to implement them as commissioner. Here's a link (hope it works):

http://football7.myfantasyleague.com/2011/options?L=30663&O=80&W=1

If any of these weren't made effective in your league then you have a precedent. You also have the issue of 'which site is the official stat recorder'. If you're using something other than the Yahoo site you're using you are asking for trouble IMO as it will have to be done by hand.

Good luck and please update how it turns out!