FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 09.16.2014, 12:26

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed 10.26.2011, 08:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 36946
Donate
det.gif
Jerky wrote:
Anybody pick this up for the 360 yesterday? If yes, then how is it?

I did (bf3 for 360).

Bought the limited edition from Walmart for the same price as the normal one. The LE gives you access to the first expansion pack when it's released.

It's a lot different than black ops that's for sure. I've only played for about an hour - mainly due to the ea servers being crap on launch day.

It comes with 2 discs - 1 for multiplayer/co-op and 1 for single player campaign. You also choose to install the high def version or scaled down version.

You can also sign up thru ea.com to get more features (a pain in the azz because you have to log into 3 separate sites to accomplish this and they all crashed yesterday- the message boards were full of posts like "I keep getting error message" etc. total fail)

Actual gameplay: my first thought was "I don't like it". Keep in mind ive been playing black ops for the last 6 months so that's what I'm use to. I know there's a learning curve so I'm dealing with that. Multiplayer is set up like an updated system of bf2mc in that you can choose which server you join along with map and game mode.

The few maps I played are huge. Gonna take a while to learn all these suckers. The vehicles are fun...especially the jets although you'll have to wait in line for them.
The soldier type/load out system seems cool. Lots of gadgets I look forward to unlocking.

I'll wait on my official review after the servers calm down and I get the hang of it, but right now I'm thinking I'm going to like mw3 better.

Bottom-Dweller 6 Shark League 1-0
Deep Black Dynasty 1-0
Work $ League 0-1
Homer $$ League 1-0

PostPosted: Mon 10.31.2011, 08:47 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 53869
Donate
min.gif
Hope you got your hardened edition of MW3 preordered cause they are pretty much sold out!

PostPosted: Mon 10.31.2011, 09:04 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55444
Donate
chi.gif
I finally sat down and played multi-player for a few hours. I had fun. I'm not very good. But it's a fun game.

PostPosted: Mon 10.31.2011, 11:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 854
Donate
was.gif
How much is it if you cant get the hardened edition? Sorry mean for the online privileages? They are going for like $172 on amazon. Gamestop had them for$99 but are sold out.

PostPosted: Mon 10.31.2011, 13:48 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
general mills wrote:
How much is it if you cant get the hardened edition? Sorry mean for the online privileages? They are going for like $172 on amazon. Gamestop had them for$99 but are sold out.

I preordered mine for $100 from Amazon. The ones on Amazon are from second hand sellers (like me, if I were to choose to sell mine). I would say they are not worth what people are asking. Just the game itself is $60, like most new games, although I've seen it for $55 every now and then. If you buy a year of Elite separately, it's $50. You won't get all the fluff that comes with the Hardened pack, but that isn't really worth it anyway. So... I wouldn't spend more than $115-120 for a hardened package. $170+ is a ripoff.

PostPosted: Mon 10.31.2011, 20:31 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 2
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
Figured that since the games are out now (a week away in CoD's case), the debate is over and these could use their own threads, so the discussion doesn't get all muddled with people talking about 2 different games. I'll edit the title and make this the Battlefield thread and made a COD thread :thumbright:

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

Post subject: Re: Battlefield 3
PostPosted: Tue 11.22.2011, 17:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 60776
Donate
sea.gif
What a letdown IMO. I have purchased every Battlefield release since its inception and it has always been my favorite game. Battlefield 2 was the highlight with a great mix of inner city conflict (vehicle & infantry), variability, big maps for vehicles and tight maps for infantry only and tons of content.

BF3 is a letdown (playing xbox version) IMO. The vehicles are lame and there are really only two maps worthy of playing. Most of the maps are infantry vs infantry which consist of terrible chokepoints and an utter lack of variability. Graphics & environments are great, but a major downgrade IMO. I am already tired of being forced to play the same maps over and over. It's trying to be Modern Warfare while sacrificing the thing which made it great.

I am considering trading it in to get MW3 and sticking with Bad Company 2 as my de facto Battlefield standard.
sad...

PostPosted: Tue 11.22.2011, 17:16 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
New map pack comes in December. Free if you pre-ordered.

I'm having fun playing with it. I'm not very good, but I'm enjoying myself. I like the team emphasis. My k:d ratio isn't great but I'm usually middle of the pack in terms of points scored because I find other ways to help my team.

PostPosted: Fri 11.25.2011, 14:38 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 32812
Donate
phi.gif
I was thinking about getting this game around Christmas time...is it worth it?

2011 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion - '12 Runner-Up

PostPosted: Fri 11.25.2011, 15:12 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 60776
Donate
sea.gif
Eagles05856 wrote:
I was thinking about getting this game around Christmas time...is it worth it?

Some may disagree with me, but I would say get Bad Company 2 for $15-$20 and look to pick up MW3.

PostPosted: Sat 11.26.2011, 09:41 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
I think it's worth it. I'm having a lot of fun, even being bad. I tried to get my b-in-law to play with me, he plays MW3, he said, "No, man, that game's hard. It's too realistic. Your bullet has actual momentum and stuff. I play COD. It's easier."

:lol:

My big brother bought a copy for my little bro for his birthday, found it for $30, so we can all play together. Not sure where he found it, but it's $40 just about everywhere else right now. Not a bad price. And the map expansion (will be extra $$ unless you preordered, I think, but not sure how much) is coming soon.

I agree with xmanx that the maps are a bit limited. I'm ready fr an expansion. Once you figure out how a map works it gets pretty easy to win if you have a good squad who can execute well. Obviously having the same on the other team gets in the way though.

I think it's worth it, but I'm not really a FPS guy so this is the only realistic one (Borderlands was fun, but a very different type of game) I've spent significant time with since probably Duke Nukem 3D.

PostPosted: Sat 11.26.2011, 11:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 32812
Donate
phi.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
I think it's worth it. I'm having a lot of fun, even being bad. I tried to get my b-in-law to play with me, he plays MW3, he said, "No, man, that game's hard. It's too realistic. Your bullet has actual momentum and stuff. I play COD. It's easier."

My big brother bought a copy for my little bro for his birthday, found it for $30, so we can all play together. Not sure where he found it, but it's $40 just about everywhere else right now. Not a bad price. And the map expansion (will be extra $$ unless you preordered, I think, but not sure how much) is coming soon.

I agree with xmanx that the maps are a bit limited. I'm ready fr an expansion. Once you figure out how a map works it gets pretty easy to win if you have a good squad who can execute well. Obviously having the same on the other team gets in the way though.

I think it's worth it, but I'm not really a FPS guy so this is the only realistic one (Borderlands was fun, but a very different type of game) I've spent significant time with since probably Duke Nukem 3D.

I love the realism of this game... I'm already a 1st prestige lvl 32 on MW3 but this seems like a great change of pace. I loved the sniping engine in BF2 because you actually have to factor in bullet drop (due to distance) and other factors.

Thanks, Von. I think I will definitely pick it up. Maybe we can all play together sometime and kill some Christmas noobs. :lol:

2011 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion - '12 Runner-Up

PostPosted: Sat 11.26.2011, 12:10 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Eagles05856 wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

I love the realism of this game... I'm already a 1st prestige lvl 32 on MW3 but this seems like a great change of pace. I loved the sniping engine in BF2 because you actually have to factor in bullet drop (due to distance) and other factors.

Thanks, Von. I think I will definitely pick it up. Maybe we can all play together sometime and kill some Christmas noobs. :lol:

I get a kick out of people who keep saying it has "realism." There is nothing real about it. If anything, BF3 took a step in the wrong direction. I liked BF2 quite a bit, but not BF3. Realism is just something the fans of the game come up with to compete with COD, which still rules the FPS world.

PostPosted: Sun 11.27.2011, 01:43 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
unimsw wrote:
Eagles05856 wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

I get a kick out of people who keep saying it has "realism." There is nothing real about it. If anything, BF3 took a step in the wrong direction. I liked BF2 quite a bit, but not BF3. Realism is just something the fans of the game come up with to compete with COD, which still rules the FPS world.

FWIW I willingly admit to never having played COD and that quote came directly from a COD player, not from myself. :dontknow:

Realism is a dicey issue. Too little realism and you ruin the immersion. Too much realism and, well, you have this:

PostPosted: Sun 11.27.2011, 03:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 2
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
I love sniping in this game. I like how you have to account for bullet drop.

I haven't played a lot of BF3, but the graphics are just awesome. Very cool game.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next