FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 07.22.2014, 20:39

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu 12.01.2011, 18:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4178
Donate
Rotoworld) Raiders MLB Rolando McClain has been arrested in connection with a Wednesday evening shooting in his hometown of Decatur, Ala. Analysis: He has been charged with discharging a firearm within city limits, third degree assault, menacing and reckless endangerment. According to the Decatur police, McClain is alleged to have stood over another man with his gun to his head, prompting him to beg for his life. McClain then allegedly fired a shot past the man's ear. He remains in custody. Obviously, his status for Sunday's game against the Dolphins is now in severe doubt, while it's possible he's played his final down of the season.

idiot

[quote="tha1000"]I would sell low on Shonn Greene if I could find somebody willing to trade me a bag of doritos for the guy... If I could figure out the physics of it, I would kick myself square in the nuts for drafting that clown.[/quote]

PostPosted: Thu 12.01.2011, 18:30 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32072
Donate
oak.gif
If you are a McClain owner or in a deep league where you need LB help go get Blackstock now.

2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion

PostPosted: Thu 12.01.2011, 18:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15237
Donate
runvus17 wrote:
Rotoworld) Raiders MLB Rolando McClain has been arrested in connection with a Wednesday evening shooting in his hometown of Decatur, Ala. Analysis: He has been charged with discharging a firearm within city limits, third degree assault, menacing and reckless endangerment. According to the Decatur police, McClain is alleged to have stood over another man with his gun to his head, prompting him to beg for his life. McClain then allegedly fired a shot past the man's ear. He remains in custody. Obviously, his status for Sunday's game against the Dolphins is now in severe doubt, while it's possible he's played his final down of the season.

idiot

+1

Between his ankle and now this? Its not a great deal for any owners out there ...

PostPosted: Thu 12.01.2011, 18:51 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
SJSwarm wrote:
If you are a McClain owner or in a deep league where you need LB help go get Blackstock now.

59 tackles in 7 years. what am I missing? talent, but never had an opportunity?

[quote="tha1000"]I would sell low on Shonn Greene if I could find somebody willing to trade me a bag of doritos for the guy... If I could figure out the physics of it, I would kick myself square in the nuts for drafting that clown.[/quote]

PostPosted: Thu 12.01.2011, 20:38 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32072
Donate
oak.gif
runvus17 wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

He will have opportunity and some good matchups, and guys like Paris Lenon and Dhani Jones have proven you dont have to be a great, or even decent football player to be a good IDP.

2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion

PostPosted: Thu 12.01.2011, 20:51 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
SJSwarm wrote:
runvus17 wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

He will have opportunity and some good matchups, and guys like Paris Lenon and Dhani Jones have proven you dont have to be a great, or even decent football player to be a good IDP.

agreed, they just usually show thier face before year 7, thats all. Thanks for the heads up.

PostPosted: Fri 12.02.2011, 00:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 985
Donate
stl.gif
How about Aaron Curry? Any chance he gets moved to MLB?

PostPosted: Fri 12.02.2011, 00:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6769
Donate
cle.gif
My take on Morondo at IDP Manor.

So far as Blackstock, I wouldn't get carried away. At best he's a two-down stopgap for the Raiders and a redraft add if you're hurting at LB. His dynasty value likely ain't much better than McClain's...apt to be a position the Raiders address in the offseason.

Barrett Ruud Anyone? :-k

Follow IDPManor on Twitter!

PostPosted: Fri 12.02.2011, 00:39 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
KevD wrote:

First guess is no...He's playing well now that he's back at WLB, which is the role he's best suited for...I'd be more inclined to go get someone than try to fix what ain't broke and break something else.

PostPosted: Fri 12.02.2011, 11:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
Kilroy1872 wrote:
KevD wrote:

First guess is no...He's playing well now that he's back at WLB, which is the role he's best suited for...I'd be more inclined to go get someone than try to fix what ain't broke and break something else.

Raiders aint got a ton of draft picks in the next couple of years.

That said its not like you cant find good LBs later in the NFL draft - happens every year if your teams scouting dept is on top of it.

Even so, wouldnt be surprised to see them grab an FA ... IF (and thats a big "If") hes actually guilty of anything like what we're hearing - hard to tell right now and im sure well hear more in the coming days.

Possible (ridiculously early) candidates if we're spitballing? Ruud, Bradley, Geno or Tulloch & Hawthorne also FAs and probably in more or less that order. Cant see Tulloch not wanting to stay in DET. Not sure how highly the Hawks value Hawthorne - but they should. The other three (Ruud, Geno & Bradley) all have no strong connection to their teams nor the teams with them.

Either way, time to take the wait and see ref: the gunplay.

PostPosted: Sat 12.03.2011, 16:29 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 6
Donate
car.gif
GM's really need to start including a clause in contracts preventing players from spending time in their hometown. Nothing good ever comes from meeting up with old friends, you usually end up pulling out a gun and making a man beg for his life. At least he didn't go Deliverance on the guy and make his squel like a pig. :F

Dan Connor might be a darkhorse since his contract is up in Carolina this year.

Post subject: Re: Rolando McClain
PostPosted: Mon 04.23.2012, 02:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
Quote:
Raiders MLB Rolando McClain underwent stem-cell therapy to address chronic pain in his knee and ankle this offseason.
"I’ve been having two seasons of nagging pain in my knee," conceded McClain, who says he now "feels a lot better." A radiologist in Gulf Shores injected fat cells from other parts of McClain's body into the knee and the area of a previous high ankle sprain. McClain is now working out five days per week, and says he's able to sprint "with hardly any pain at all."

Id say it might be a reason for McClain owners to be optimistic moving fwds - but there have been false dawns before &, without knowing if the condition is degenerative or not, as much reason for caution as optimism.

Last year he was: 99 T.T.s (77 solo + 22 assists), 5 sacks & 17 PDs. Good enough for #20 in solo tackles and entrenched in LB2 (outside top 12) territory in std start 3, 12 team leagues. If he can play a full slate of 16 games for the first time in his career and stay healthy throughout?

The upside is easily still there if you can buy low, but its still an "If" scenario atm ...

PostPosted: Sat 04.28.2012, 22:45 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 46436
Donate
ne.gif
jamcutpost wrote:
Quote:
Raiders MLB Rolando McClain underwent stem-cell therapy to address chronic pain in his knee and ankle this offseason.
"I’ve been having two seasons of nagging pain in my knee," conceded McClain, who says he now "feels a lot better." A radiologist in Gulf Shores injected fat cells from other parts of McClain's body into the knee and the area of a previous high ankle sprain. McClain is now working out five days per week, and says he's able to sprint "with hardly any pain at all."

Id say it might be a reason for McClain owners to be optimistic moving fwds - but there have been false dawns before &, without knowing if the condition is degenerative or not, as much reason for caution as optimism.

Last year he was: 99 T.T.s (77 solo + 22 assists), 5 sacks & 17 PDs. Good enough for #20 in solo tackles and entrenched in LB2 (outside top 12) territory in std start 3, 12 team leagues. If he can play a full slate of 16 games for the first time in his career and stay healthy throughout?

The upside is easily still there if you can buy low, but its still an "If" scenario atm ...

I still love his upside. But buying him low is the key due to the risk.

I didn't :(

Interesting article: http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/statistical-analysis-and-fantasy-football/

PostPosted: Tue 05.01.2012, 01:20 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Cyguy84 wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
Quote:

I still love his upside. But buying him low is the key due to the risk.

I didn't :(

I've been suckered twice, and at this point his not inconsiderable skills aside there ain't much shot that it's three in a row.

Million dollar talent...ten cent head. :F

PostPosted: Thu 05.17.2012, 23:36 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 54882
Donate
chi.gif

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next