FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 12.22.2014, 13:29

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed 12.14.2011, 10:35 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2042
Donate
Dilemma - With Big Ben's injury last week, there is always the uncertainly about if he will play or not this week.

Of my 2 waiver wire picks this week, I want to

1) Upgrade my defense - I have the Patriots ... and I see Seattle or Tennessee as 2 good replacements this week
2) Do I go for a backup QB (Yates, Grossman, Locker etc) with the outside chance I may start him, or try to beef up my WR3 spot?

Currently my WR3 options on the bench are (Garcon, Aaron Hernandez, Malcolm Floyd). With Andre Johnson probably out this week, I can either start one of these guys or go get Nate Washington. I am leaning on the WR3 option, hoping Big Ben will find a way to start (and finish) @SF this week.

Your help is much appreciated.

RB - J-Charles, R-Matthews, Morris, Lamar Miller
WR/TE - B-Marshall, M-Bryant, Boldin, D-Hopkins, B-Cooks
TR - Julius Thomas, M-Rivera
K - Santos
DST - Seattle

PostPosted: Wed 12.14.2011, 11:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3558
Donate
atl.gif
I'm 99% sure Ben will be good to go. He finished the second half of the game last week, so he's already proven he can do it.

I'd get a better WR and drop Garcon.

I am WAY more humble than all of you.
Member SHAG (Shark Help Advice Guild) http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=253662

PostPosted: Wed 12.14.2011, 11:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4354
Donate
dal.gif
I'd roll with Garcon or Floyd if it were me and I'd pick up TEN. There's just something about the SEA/CHI game that worries me. I just don't think SEA def is that great away from home.

PostPosted: Wed 12.14.2011, 13:26 
Chum

Sand$: 60
Donate
datacore wrote:
I'm 99% sure Ben will be good to go. He finished the second half of the game last week, so he's already proven he can do it.

I'd get a better WR and drop Garcon.

Agreed, especially with the playoff push. Big Ben has one extra day to get right as well since they play on Monday night. Is James Jones or Donald Driver available? I see one of those two stepping up with Jennings out. Not sure about upgrade at D. Denver and Tebow are bound to come crashing down. How long can this be sustained? The question is who is going to figure it out first. The league is quick to catch up to gimicky offensive schemes and it's been what, 6-7 week since Tebow took over. Also, they will have to keep up with Pats offensive output, which means Tebow potentially forced to throw a lot. You saw what happened against Detoit in a similar scenario.

PostPosted: Wed 12.14.2011, 14:09 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3558
Donate
atl.gif
cubfaninar wrote:
I'd roll with Garcon or Floyd if it were me and I'd pick up TEN. There's just something about the SEA/CHI game that worries me. I just don't think SEA def is that great away from home.

I agree with the defense change. I'm rolling with Buffalo and Arizona in my leagues - but only because Tennessee isn't available. Tennessee's the way to go.

I am WAY more humble than all of you.
Member SHAG (Shark Help Advice Guild) http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=253662