FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 10.21.2014, 03:45

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed 11.09.2011, 21:34 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55121
Donate
min.gif
JRussell... not sure you could have much more luck this week. lol... I have a few more points scored than you, but our records are slightly different. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu 11.24.2011, 06:25 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 371
Donate
oak.gif
unimsw wrote:
JRussell... not sure you could have much more luck this week. lol... I have a few more points scored than you, but our records are slightly different. :lol:

Just the fantasy gods being fantasy gods.

I'm third in points in that league yet in the 3rd WC slot. Someone is going to win a division while being either a game over 500 or under.

Also I beat raiders H2H, does tiebreak go by total points?

PostPosted: Thu 11.24.2011, 17:26 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 2921
Donate
ind.gif
_DoTTeR_ wrote:
I'm third in points in that league yet in the 3rd WC slot. Someone is going to win a division while being either a game over 500 or under.

Also I beat raiders H2H, does tiebreak go by total points?

I'm confused :-s , are you talking about some other league?

PJF doesn't have Divisions.

PostPosted: Thu 11.24.2011, 19:53 
Leopard Shark

Donate
oak.gif
Picture is just the fantasy gods doing what they do. Hatchet was saying he has more points than I but I'm 10-1 and hes like 6-5.

I know no divisions, I didn't know what tiebreaker was for #1, I thought since I'd beat him H2H i'd might be first but it looks like total PF.

PostPosted: Fri 11.25.2011, 19:58 
Mako Shark

Donate
ind.gif
You are correct Points For is the first tie break.

By the way you are fifth in Pts For not third.

The difference between you and uni is in the Points Against column. You have the lowest score (by 100+ pts) which might mean you've had the easiest schedule. Raiders are next lowest which may indicate they've had the second easiest. The difference from you to uni is almost 200 in Pts Against.

PostPosted: Sun 12.04.2011, 21:13 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Well... here's the playoff picture. Raiders and JRussell are in.
There are four legitimate teams vying for the last two spots. They are:
Horny Toad
Careful with that Ax
Demoralizers
Hatchet Job

To be honest, I am pretty jaded right now. Not because I have an outside chance to make it, but because this league had too many quitters. Too many lineups went without being filled. I feel like the results are very different than they would have been had teams not quit. This goes beyond just those teams at the bottom of the league. Many others have failed to fill out lineups on one or more occasions. Very disappointing. One thing I might do after the playoffs are over is go back and figure out who would have done what if everyone played full lineups every week. I am guessing we would see a very different picture. In any case, it is what it is.

Best of luck to the playoffs teams, whomever they may be!

PostPosted: Sun 12.04.2011, 22:38 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 1367
Donate
dal.gif
I tried to change my lineup 5 min before kickoff, but was too late and lineups were already locked so I was stuck with Freeman as my QB. #-o

PostPosted: Tue 12.06.2011, 20:00 
Mako Shark

Donate
ind.gif
unimsw wrote:
To be honest, I am pretty jaded right now. Not because I have an outside chance to make it, but because this league had too many quitters. Too many lineups went without being filled. I feel like the results are very different than they would have been had teams not quit. This goes beyond just those teams at the bottom of the league. Many others have failed to fill out lineups on one or more occasions. Very disappointing. One thing I might do after the playoffs are over is go back and figure out who would have done what if everyone played full lineups every week. I am guessing we would see a very different picture. In any case, it is what it is.

I did a quick check, two teams managers stopped activity in October (early) and two more in November (before T-Giving). Is the answer a more strict selection process? If yes, then what are criteria/requirements. This likely would have kept Crystal Meth (who stuck it out) out while allowing at least one quitter in the league. Just a thought.

As to the missing full lineups, one thing that doesn't help is the waivers locking on the start of the first game that week. When we get to the Thursday games, I bet that created some (not all) problems, especially for managers that primarily set rosters Fri-Sat-Sun. Changing that to lock only players of games as they begin may help a bit (more chances to do late wire moves).

I imagine your frustration is double, since you already spend alot of time/energy as comish. Unfortunately I feel the obvious solutions entail more work for you. That said, you do have the ability to change lineups before and/or after kickoff (more work for you). Those substitutions ought to come from Yahoo or Fantasy Sharks weekly projections, not after the results are know and the best scorer is inserted. Otherwise managers would be better off to leave the roster blank and let the best player be added in after the fact.

As to a missed deadline, an email to the comish right away (it'll have the time sent), could solve that. This and other provisions could be added to the league rules.

This is getting way too long, I'll stop here for now. You get the idea.

PostPosted: Tue 12.06.2011, 20:56 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
mark3 wrote:
unimsw wrote:

I did a quick check, two teams managers stopped activity in October (early) and two more in November (before T-Giving). Is the answer a more strict selection process? If yes, then what are criteria/requirements. This likely would have kept Crystal Meth (who stuck it out) out while allowing at least one quitter in the league. Just a thought.

As to the missing full lineups, one thing that doesn't help is the waivers locking on the start of the first game that week. When we get to the Thursday games, I bet that created some (not all) problems, especially for managers that primarily set rosters Fri-Sat-Sun. Changing that to lock only players of games as they begin may help a bit (more chances to do late wire moves).

I imagine your frustration is double, since you already spend alot of time/energy as comish. Unfortunately I feel the obvious solutions entail more work for you. That said, you do have the ability to change lineups before and/or after kickoff (more work for you). Those substitutions ought to come from Yahoo or Fantasy Sharks weekly projections, not after the results are know and the best scorer is inserted. Otherwise managers would be better off to leave the roster blank and let the best player be added in after the fact.

As to a missed deadline, an email to the comish right away (it'll have the time sent), could solve that. This and other provisions could be added to the league rules.

This is getting way too long, I'll stop here for now. You get the idea.

Sadly, some of the quitters were in the league last year and stuck it out. One in particular was a big surprise.
With the subs, I did use Yahoo projections for the changes I made. Basically, if there was an empty spot, I plugged in the highest projected player. It may have worked out that they were the highest scorer as well. That was just for the dead teams.
The Thursday waiver lock deal is annoying. Yahoo doesn't allow too much customization. Had the same issue in another league that I am in (NFL Challenge) with 16 teams and shallow benches. Now THAT sucks.

PostPosted: Sun 12.11.2011, 20:27 
Mako Shark

Donate
ind.gif
Congrats Hatchet, the stars really aligned to knock me out of the playoffs. Your three players all put in season best performances (all doubling weekly projections) AND you made up a 44 point, "Points For" deficit. :buzzsaw:

Meanwhile my top player has his second worst showing for the year, accompanied by several sub-standard outings. It shouldn't have happened, but it did. :puke:

That's why the play the game. :footballhelmet:

PostPosted: Sun 12.11.2011, 20:53 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
mark3 wrote:
Congrats Hatchet, the stars really aligned to knock me out of the playoffs. Your three players all put in season best performances (all doubling weekly projections) AND you made up a 44 point, "Points For" deficit. :buzzsaw:

Meanwhile my top player has his second worst showing for the year, accompanied by several sub-standard outings. It shouldn't have happened, but it did. :puke:

That's why the play the game. :footballhelmet:

It's not over yet. You still have a couple guys who can put up some points, although I would agree that it's a long shot. You might still make the playoffs over the Horny Toads depending on who wins that matchup.

Hopefully I am hitting my stride at the right time. My "studs" are starting to play like it and I will hopefully get AJ back next week. We will see...

PostPosted: Mon 12.12.2011, 00:23 
Leopard Shark

Donate
oak.gif
Best of luck to all in the playoffs. I'm coming for the title this year, got 2nd/4th (losing by .20 for $$ ](*,) last year.) However its time for my friend Ray Rice from Rutgers to put the team on his back.

Hopefully the better of my Jekyll & Hyde teams shows up.

Oh and also the message board on yahoo is down but Todd to answer your question. Had no draft blunders (IR) outside Britt, but did make a big doof in my $$ league, traded Foster/Marshall for AJ/Felix the week before AJ got hurt. I'm playing for top two next week in that league so I bounced back. Anyhow a friend of mine in that league drafted Charles/Manning (1st/4th) but hit on F.Jackson, Jordy, and someone else. Just beat him out this week in playoffs :thumbright:

PostPosted: Thu 12.15.2011, 15:00 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Figures that AD is out when I need him in the playoffs, which I end up losing, and now he comes back for my opponent in this league. :lol: I pissed off the fantasy gods.

PostPosted: Mon 12.19.2011, 07:53 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Looks like the top two seeds are going to get bumped from the playoffs tonight, barring some ridiculous San Francisco performance. Good game guys!

PostPosted: Mon 12.19.2011, 23:17 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 38355
Donate
unimsw wrote:
Looks like the top two seeds are going to get bumped from the playoffs tonight, barring some ridiculous San Francisco performance. Good game guys!

GG uni, too bad my team chose to have 1 of its worst performances of the season. Good luck in the finals

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next