FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 09.20.2014, 02:56

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun 01.15.2012, 12:27 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2084
Donate
dal.gif
12 team dyno, ppr, 6pt for TDs.

I have the 3rd, 13th, and 21st picks in the first 2 rounds in next seasons draft. I have a big need at QB and an aging RB core with Turner and SJax. My question is this, would trading my first 2 picks for Ray Rice be worth it? or should I use the 1.03 for RG3 or Richardson? Luck will probably go 1 or 2 with Blackmon going 2 if Luck goes 1. Obviously I have quite awhile to ponder this, and the NFL draft will help clear things up, but I wanted to hopefully start gathering opinions before the sharks leave for the offseason.

My team:

Flacco, Joe BAL QB
Freeman, Josh TBB QB

Bush, Reggie MIA RB
Jackson, Steven STL RB
Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB
Snelling, Jason ATL RB
Turner, Michael ATL RB

Baldwin, Jon KCC WR (R)
Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR
Harvin, Percy MIN WR
Marshall, Brandon MIA WR
Nelson, Jordy GBP WR

Davis, Vernon SFO TE
Pettigrew, Brandon DET TE

Avril, Cliff DET DE
Clayborn, Adrian TBB DE (R)
Johnson, Charles CAR DE
Jordan, Cameron NOS DE (R)
Sheard, Jabaal CLE DE (R)
Dansby, Karlos MIA LB
Foster, Mason TBB LB (R)
Lofton, Curtis ATL LB
Ruud, Barrett TEN LB (I)
Haden, Joe CLE CB
Bell, Yeremiah MIA S
Byrd, Jairus BUF S
Landry, Dawan JAC S

Injured Reserve

Jennings, Rashad JAC RB (I)
Williams, Ryan ARI RB (R) (I)

Taxi Squad

Lewis, Dion PHI RB (R)
Todman, Jordan MIN RB (R)
Williams, D.J. GBP TE (R)

PostPosted: Sun 01.15.2012, 15:04 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 335162
Donate
sf.gif
I would make that trade, personally. Ray Rice is a proven commodity. Top tier RB. Obviously older than any rookie but should be producing for another 3-5 years.

PostPosted: Sun 01.15.2012, 19:20 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 40482
Donate
pit.gif
If your getting offered it take it quickly, but if your the one offeriong it, go ahead, seriously doubt he takes it.

PostPosted: Mon 01.16.2012, 14:29 
HammerHead Shark

Donate
dal.gif
rugger48 wrote:
If your getting offered it take it quickly, but if your the one offeriong it, go ahead, seriously doubt he takes it.

yeah, thats the thing; I was offered this trade by him. He took over this team half way into the season (subsequently won the championship lol) and is wanting to rebuild "his way" through the draft. I had mentioned wanting to get younger at RB, so that led to the trade proposal. I was sorta shocked that he'd be willing to give up Ray Ray, and wanted to get some feedback before pulling the trigger.

Is RG3 worth using my 1.03 to upgrade my QB position? thanks guys for the replies.

PostPosted: Tue 01.17.2012, 01:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 335162
Donate
sf.gif
The Masked Marauder wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

yeah, thats the thing; I was offered this trade by him. He took over this team half way into the season (subsequently won the championship lol) and is wanting to rebuild "his way" through the draft. I had mentioned wanting to get younger at RB, so that led to the trade proposal. I was sorta shocked that he'd be willing to give up Ray Ray, and wanted to get some feedback before pulling the trigger.

Is RG3 worth using my 1.03 to upgrade my QB position? thanks guys for the replies.

Sounds like some Sharks think so. Personally I'd rather have Ray Rice.

PostPosted: Tue 01.17.2012, 01:11 
Chum

Sand$: 82
Donate
i would make the trade for rice. you may be able to turn some of that old, but still productive depth, at rb into a start-worthy qb via trade, or buy low on matt flynn and hope the hype is true and land a qb1.

PostPosted: Tue 01.17.2012, 02:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13536
Donate
sea.gif
The 1.03 and 2.01 are a HUGE underpay for Rice.

Take advantage of the owner's folly. You can't get proven stud RB1s for that cheap.

PostPosted: Tue 01.17.2012, 16:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 38155
Donate
pinksheets wrote:
The 1.03 and 2.01 are a HUGE underpay for Rice.

Take advantage of the owner's folly. You can't get proven stud RB1s for that cheap.

Ditto. Hope you already accepted the trade offer.

PostPosted: Wed 01.18.2012, 16:45 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 40482
Donate
pit.gif
rugger48 wrote:

No qb is worth the 1.03. I dont care what oter people say, its just silly the way people are overhyping rookie qbs in rookie drafts.

PostPosted: Sun 01.29.2012, 22:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4208
Donate
rugger48 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

No qb is worth the 1.03. I dont care what oter people say, its just silly the way people are overhyping rookie qbs in rookie drafts.

you already know this, but its because of what Cam did this year. I'm in 3 dynos and Cam went 1.10, 1.12, and 2.10 in my three leagues, but because of this success, everyone is moving RG3 WAY up thier draft boards....it's silly to me as well, but I never take QB's early, Dyno or Redraft. To each thier own...

[quote="tha1000"]I would sell low on Shonn Greene if I could find somebody willing to trade me a bag of doritos for the guy... If I could figure out the physics of it, I would kick myself square in the nuts for drafting that clown.[/quote]

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 06:29 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 533
Donate
mia.gif
Newton went at 1.11 in my dyno league, altho julio jones went at 1.6.

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 15:52 
Chum

Sand$: 36
Donate
I would take Rice easy

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 20:09 
HammerHead Shark

Donate
dal.gif
Thanks guys for the input.

Runvus, I totally agree with you. Based on what Cam did this year, everyone is hoping to catch lightening in a bottle twice with RG3. Tbh, that is why I was considering taking him @ 1.03.

Anyway, the trade is pending Commish's approval, and I should be welcoming Ray Ray to my squad shortly :) Im totally pumped to have gotten him for that cheap.

Thanks again sharks.