FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 04.16.2014, 00:43

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Mon 02.06.2012, 17:45 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 38996
Donate
pit.gif
endzoneview wrote:

I have no doubt Lloyd will sign with the Patriots......................if the Patriots were offering the same or more than other teams.

I do, because McDaniels doesnt make those decisions and Im not sure Lloyd would fit that well there. They have 3 good receivers that do what he does better.

PostPosted: Mon 02.06.2012, 17:47 

Sand$: 41624
Donate
nyj.gif
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

I have no doubt Lloyd will sign with the Patriots......................if the Patriots were offering the same or more than other teams.

I do, because McDaniels doesnt make those decisions and Im not sure Lloyd would fit that well there. They have 3 good receivers that do what he does better.

Hence the "if the Patriots were offering the same or more than other teams". It was more of a tongue and cheek comment. Can't win them all I suppose.

PostPosted: Mon 02.06.2012, 17:48 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
endzoneview wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Hence the "if the Patriots were offering the same or more than other teams". It was more of a tongue and cheek comment. Can't win them all I suppose.

:roll:

I like manningham as a better fit.

PostPosted: Mon 02.06.2012, 17:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10431
Donate
gb.gif
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

He runs routes well.

And he's younger / faster / less trouble than their other options.

If there's anything we've learned from the Patriots, they have zero tolerance for not doing what you're told.

PostPosted: Mon 02.06.2012, 17:59 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
jnadke wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

He runs routes well.

And he's younger / faster / less trouble than their other options.

If there's anything we've learned from the Patriots, they have zero tolerance for not doing what you're told.

I said receivers not wrs, and Ill take welker over him all day, lets face it hernadez isnt really a te, hes listed as one but he really isnt.

PostPosted: Mon 02.06.2012, 18:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6261
Donate
cin.gif
Not sure if this has been discussed, but I can't help but wonder if the Patriots' should have involved Ocho more at some point this year. They locked up a playoff spot---I would think they would try harder to utilize the weapon they paid for.

All year I chalked it up to Ocho being old and slow to learn the system, but after hearing some positive reports about Ocho's speed and athleticism, I'm not convinced NE didn't fail here.

PostPosted: Mon 02.06.2012, 18:11 

Donate
nyj.gif
neal123454 wrote:
Not sure if this has been discussed, but I can't help but wonder if the Patriots' should have involved Ocho more at some point this year. They locked up a playoff spot---I would think they would try harder to utilize the weapon they paid for.

All year I chalked it up to Ocho being old and slow to learn the system, but after hearing some positive reports about Ocho's speed and athleticism, I'm not convinced NE didn't fail here.

Something tells me as soon as Chad is cut we're going to find out the real story.

PostPosted: Mon 02.06.2012, 18:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13070
Donate
ne.gif
neal123454 wrote:

Ocho made a couple of horrible reads early in the season. there were a couple of plays early on that Brady threw to a completely different spot than Ocho had gone, and a couple of those would have lead to huge plays had Ocho been where Brady wanted him. This put Ocho in the doghouse early and he just never did anything to get out of it.

PostPosted: Mon 02.06.2012, 18:17 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10431
Donate
gb.gif
endzoneview wrote:
neal123454 wrote:

Something tells me as soon as Chad is cut we're going to find out the real story.

That is, unless they find a sucker to trade him to.

If they wanted to cut him they would have did it already. They owe him more than he's worth next year, but they also have draft picks sunk into him.

Last edited by jnadke on Mon 02.06.2012, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 02.06.2012, 18:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 36896
Donate
nyj.gif
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

i would prefer manningham in NY

PostPosted: Mon 02.06.2012, 18:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

psst...he's already in NY :wink:

PostPosted: Mon 02.06.2012, 18:20 

Donate
nyj.gif
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
neal123454 wrote:

That is, unless they find a sucker to trade him to.

If they wanted to cut him they would have did it already. They owe him more than he's worth next year, but they also have draft picks sunk into him.

They already gave him $4.75 signing bonus for this year, so cutting him before the year was over would have made zero sense.

He's due $3M each of the next two years if he stays. I don't think anybody takes that contract on via a trade.

PostPosted: Mon 02.06.2012, 18:21 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 36896
Donate
nyj.gif
prplhz14 wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

psst...he's already in NY :wink:

yea but if he signs with the Jets he doesnt need to call the movers :lol:

PostPosted: Mon 02.06.2012, 18:24 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6261
Donate
cin.gif
prplhz14 wrote:
Ocho made a couple of horrible reads early in the season. there were a couple of plays early on that Brady threw to a completely different spot than Ocho had gone, and a couple of those would have lead to huge plays had Ocho been where Brady wanted him. This put Ocho in the doghouse early and he just never did anything to get out of it.

That sounds familiar. I guess I'm starting to think the Pats only punished themselves by putting Ocho in the doghouse. They could have really used him. Trust has to be built of course-- but that can't happen with him on the bench all year.

PostPosted: Mon 02.06.2012, 18:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
neal123454 wrote:
prplhz14 wrote:

That sounds familiar. I guess I'm starting to think the Pats only punished themselves by putting Ocho in the doghouse. They could have really used him. Trust has to be built of course-- but that can't happen with him on the bench all year.

I agree. Im still hopeful that with a full off-season he could get on the same page as Brady, but I dont see him getting the chance.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next