Patriots need to draft a WR early

LOCKED  
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18685
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 70,910.58
endzoneview wrote:
I have no doubt Lloyd will sign with the Patriots......................if the Patriots were offering the same or more than other teams.


I do, because McDaniels doesnt make those decisions and Im not sure Lloyd would fit that well there. They have 3 good receivers that do what he does better.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 35075
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 4,549.37
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
I have no doubt Lloyd will sign with the Patriots......................if the Patriots were offering the same or more than other teams.


I do, because McDaniels doesnt make those decisions and Im not sure Lloyd would fit that well there. They have 3 good receivers that do what he does better.


Hence the "if the Patriots were offering the same or more than other teams". It was more of a tongue and cheek comment. Can't win them all I suppose.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18685
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 70,910.58
endzoneview wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
I have no doubt Lloyd will sign with the Patriots......................if the Patriots were offering the same or more than other teams.


I do, because McDaniels doesnt make those decisions and Im not sure Lloyd would fit that well there. They have 3 good receivers that do what he does better.


Hence the "if the Patriots were offering the same or more than other teams". It was more of a tongue and cheek comment. Can't win them all I suppose.



:roll:

I like manningham as a better fit.
Great White Shark
Posts: 7337
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010
Sand$: 14,984.66
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
I have no doubt Lloyd will sign with the Patriots......................if the Patriots were offering the same or more than other teams.


I do, because McDaniels doesnt make those decisions and Im not sure Lloyd would fit that well there. They have 3 good receivers that do what he does better.


He runs routes well.

And he's younger / faster / less trouble than their other options.


If there's anything we've learned from the Patriots, they have zero tolerance for not doing what you're told.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18685
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 70,910.58
jnadke wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
I have no doubt Lloyd will sign with the Patriots......................if the Patriots were offering the same or more than other teams.


I do, because McDaniels doesnt make those decisions and Im not sure Lloyd would fit that well there. They have 3 good receivers that do what he does better.


He runs routes well.

And he's younger / faster / less trouble than their other options.


If there's anything we've learned from the Patriots, they have zero tolerance for not doing what you're told.



I said receivers not wrs, and Ill take welker over him all day, lets face it hernadez isnt really a te, hes listed as one but he really isnt.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6553
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007
Sand$: 10,466.22
Not sure if this has been discussed, but I can't help but wonder if the Patriots' should have involved Ocho more at some point this year. They locked up a playoff spot---I would think they would try harder to utilize the weapon they paid for.

All year I chalked it up to Ocho being old and slow to learn the system, but after hearing some positive reports about Ocho's speed and athleticism, I'm not convinced NE didn't fail here.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 35075
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 4,549.37
neal123454 wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed, but I can't help but wonder if the Patriots' should have involved Ocho more at some point this year. They locked up a playoff spot---I would think they would try harder to utilize the weapon they paid for.

All year I chalked it up to Ocho being old and slow to learn the system, but after hearing some positive reports about Ocho's speed and athleticism, I'm not convinced NE didn't fail here.


Something tells me as soon as Chad is cut we're going to find out the real story.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 14234
Joined: Wed Sep 6, 2006
Sand$: 47,988.90
neal123454 wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed, but I can't help but wonder if the Patriots' should have involved Ocho more at some point this year. They locked up a playoff spot---I would think they would try harder to utilize the weapon they paid for.

All year I chalked it up to Ocho being old and slow to learn the system, but after hearing some positive reports about Ocho's speed and athleticism, I'm not convinced NE didn't fail here.


Ocho made a couple of horrible reads early in the season. there were a couple of plays early on that Brady threw to a completely different spot than Ocho had gone, and a couple of those would have lead to huge plays had Ocho been where Brady wanted him. This put Ocho in the doghouse early and he just never did anything to get out of it.
_______________________________________

Image
Great White Shark
Posts: 7337
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010
Sand$: 14,984.66
endzoneview wrote:
neal123454 wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed, but I can't help but wonder if the Patriots' should have involved Ocho more at some point this year. They locked up a playoff spot---I would think they would try harder to utilize the weapon they paid for.

All year I chalked it up to Ocho being old and slow to learn the system, but after hearing some positive reports about Ocho's speed and athleticism, I'm not convinced NE didn't fail here.


Something tells me as soon as Chad is cut we're going to find out the real story.


That is, unless they find a sucker to trade him to.

If they wanted to cut him they would have did it already. They owe him more than he's worth next year, but they also have draft picks sunk into him.
Last edited by jnadke on Mon 02.06.2012, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24704
Joined: Wed Dec 7, 2005
Sand$: 31,187.28
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
I have no doubt Lloyd will sign with the Patriots......................if the Patriots were offering the same or more than other teams.


I do, because McDaniels doesnt make those decisions and Im not sure Lloyd would fit that well there. They have 3 good receivers that do what he does better.


Hence the "if the Patriots were offering the same or more than other teams". It was more of a tongue and cheek comment. Can't win them all I suppose.



:roll:

I like manningham as a better fit.


i would prefer manningham in NY
_______________________________________

User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 14234
Joined: Wed Sep 6, 2006
Sand$: 47,988.90
jetsman2806 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
I have no doubt Lloyd will sign with the Patriots......................if the Patriots were offering the same or more than other teams.


I do, because McDaniels doesnt make those decisions and Im not sure Lloyd would fit that well there. They have 3 good receivers that do what he does better.


Hence the "if the Patriots were offering the same or more than other teams". It was more of a tongue and cheek comment. Can't win them all I suppose.



:roll:

I like manningham as a better fit.


i would prefer manningham in NY


psst...he's already in NY :wink:
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 35075
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 4,549.37
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
neal123454 wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed, but I can't help but wonder if the Patriots' should have involved Ocho more at some point this year. They locked up a playoff spot---I would think they would try harder to utilize the weapon they paid for.

All year I chalked it up to Ocho being old and slow to learn the system, but after hearing some positive reports about Ocho's speed and athleticism, I'm not convinced NE didn't fail here.


Something tells me as soon as Chad is cut we're going to find out the real story.


That is, unless they find a sucker to trade him to.

If they wanted to cut him they would have did it already. They owe him more than he's worth next year, but they also have draft picks sunk into him.


They already gave him $4.75 signing bonus for this year, so cutting him before the year was over would have made zero sense.

He's due $3M each of the next two years if he stays. I don't think anybody takes that contract on via a trade.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24704
Joined: Wed Dec 7, 2005
Sand$: 31,187.28
prplhz14 wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:
rugger48 wrote: :roll:

I like manningham as a better fit.


i would prefer manningham in NY


psst...he's already in NY :wink:


yea but if he signs with the Jets he doesnt need to call the movers :lol:
_______________________________________

User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6553
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007
Sand$: 10,466.22
prplhz14 wrote:Ocho made a couple of horrible reads early in the season. there were a couple of plays early on that Brady threw to a completely different spot than Ocho had gone, and a couple of those would have lead to huge plays had Ocho been where Brady wanted him. This put Ocho in the doghouse early and he just never did anything to get out of it.

That sounds familiar. I guess I'm starting to think the Pats only punished themselves by putting Ocho in the doghouse. They could have really used him. Trust has to be built of course-- but that can't happen with him on the bench all year.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 14234
Joined: Wed Sep 6, 2006
Sand$: 47,988.90
neal123454 wrote:
prplhz14 wrote:Ocho made a couple of horrible reads early in the season. there were a couple of plays early on that Brady threw to a completely different spot than Ocho had gone, and a couple of those would have lead to huge plays had Ocho been where Brady wanted him. This put Ocho in the doghouse early and he just never did anything to get out of it.

That sounds familiar. I guess I'm starting to think the Pats only punished themselves by putting Ocho in the doghouse. They could have really used him. Trust has to be built of course-- but that can't happen with him on the bench all year.


I agree. Im still hopeful that with a full off-season he could get on the same page as Brady, but I dont see him getting the chance.
_______________________________________

Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Apes, Bing [Bot], FungoWhere, Jempong, kkiddynamite21, kuhnmd1528, MSNbot Media, nosman21, spritzer, Streets0fcompton, tsbgrayghost, vonbearsalot and 5 guests