FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 04.25.2014, 00:28

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: My friend's patient
PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 11:11 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 14772
Donate
dal.gif
SonOfDad wrote:
The Census Bureau keeps track of illegal immigrants?

yeh and they aren't allowed to report their findings to ICE :F

PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 11:20 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6978
Donate
mia.gif
I think your friend might need a refresher on proper patient confidentiality.

Boom goes the dynamite.

PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 11:29 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 45803
Donate
min.gif
beerbarian wrote:

Mexicans deserve no patient rights! :usa2:

PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 12:15 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
unimsw wrote:
beerbarian wrote:

Mexicans deserve no patient rights! :usa2:

I believe in helping those that can't help themselves. We can't turn away medical needs of a dire nature, regardless of who it is. That then makes it incumbent upon us to work much harder to prevent illegal immigration. When it's illegal, and they invest nothing, and get everything, they have no respect for the culture, country or flag, and that's a fact. I find it ironic however that with all the hubbub here in the states over Illegal immigrant rights, as an illegal immigrant in almost every other nation in the world, especially Mexico, this issue never comes up..because they don't tolerate it...just a fact check.

PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 15:15 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 44786
Donate
chi.gif
Fighting Amish wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
The Obama administration are on pace to deport more illegal immigrants in 4 years then Bush did in 8.

lol @ both libs and conservatives

links, proof, etc..etc..

also..when you do, please note the following:

When quoting news stories, please be aware of the "Fair Use" Act to keep yourself out of trouble and FFF from being sued. According to "§ 107 Limitations on exclusive rights": Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include —

(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

(2) the nature of the copyrighted work;

(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.

http://www.copyright.gov/laws/

It was quoted at the beginning of that NPR piece I posted a link to. Not sure where they get their information, I'm sure they have citations available somewhere if you want to do the research.

I don't care enough to bother.

PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 15:26 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 6385
Donate
gb.gif
beerbarian wrote:

I believe as long as he refers to her only as "The patient" he can discuss the details of the case as much as he likes so long as he does not identify her.

PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 15:46 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 430
Donate
kc.gif
und2006 wrote:
beerbarian wrote:

I believe as long as he refers to her only as "The patient" he can discuss the details of the case as much as he likes so long as he does not identify her.

Yep.

PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 15:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15278
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
This country is retarded.

PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 16:01 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15278
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
unimsw wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
unimsw wrote:
Blzbba wrote:
it'd be cheaper. But since you bleeding hearts would cry about that, howzabout a simple deportation out of America?

The baby is an American, so no.

That's a great scam of a loophole they have figured out.

I'm your Huckleberry

No kidding.

Funny... That baby is just as much of American as you or me. Your family didn't originate here either...,

My Great Great grandparents tried immigrate to this country but tested postitive for TB and were sent back home.....Just saying.

PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 16:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6978
Donate
mia.gif
und2006 wrote:
beerbarian wrote:

Quote:
father does not know she has any of this.

This was a no-no back in the days when I worked in health care. You did not discuss the status of non-patients in relationship to the patient's care.

Maybe that has changed (it's been 15 years), or maybe that was a local policy. We would not have been allowed to say anything more than "The testing status of the baby's father is unknown".

Boom goes the dynamite.

PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 16:29 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 6385
Donate
gb.gif
beerbarian wrote:
und2006 wrote:
beerbarian wrote:

Quote:

This was a no-no back in the days when I worked in health care. You did not discuss the status of non-patients in relationship to the patient's care.

Maybe that has changed (it's been 15 years), or maybe that was a local policy. We would not have been allowed to say anything more than "The testing status of the baby's father is unknown".

But you have no way to know who the patient is, therefore the patient's confidentiality has not been compromised. Now, should they inform the baby's father of those results, which is not stated that they have or intend to, that would infringe upon confidentiality.

PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 17:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 28492
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
OilersNut wrote:
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
My oldest daughter is dating a Canadian. I told her not to get to serious as I don't want a bunch of little Canucks coming over for Christmas.

I'm your Huckleberry

One would think a professional hockey player making nice money would be acceptable :lol:

Well it would depend on if they said things like "aye" and called people "hosers". I'm not sure any amount of money is worth that. This guy isn't a hockey player anyway although his grandparents do own a massive ranch in Alberta he is in line to inheret. Of course it's in Alberta so that kinda diminishes the attraction.

I'm your Huckleberry

"aye"? Is he a Canadian pirate? :wink:

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 19:09 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 79580
Donate
stl.gif
unimsw wrote:
beerbarian wrote:

Illegal Mexicans deserve no patient rights! :usa2:

FTFY

I'm your Huckleberry

Grid Guru....Man of the People!

PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 19:23 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 80999
Donate
beerbarian wrote:
und2006 wrote:
beerbarian wrote:

Quote:

The father is not a patient. The father is unaware about the state of disease of the mother. He is entitled to know the health of the baby. So the doctors have by the time of this writing alerted that the baby is infected with certain problems as a result of ... / potentially may have HIV.

The mother was not tested for HIV. She stated as much.

He's (a US citizen) probably really dumb but he may figure out that if his baby potentially has HIV, it can only get it from the mother. The testing status of the baby's father is indeed unknown...that was part of the point.

If you know you have HIV and have unprotected sex without alerting your partner, you should be prosecuted.

PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 19:31 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 79580
Donate
stl.gif
Boogs34 wrote:
beerbarian wrote:
und2006 wrote:
beerbarian wrote:

Quote:

The father is not a patient. The father is unaware about the state of disease of the mother. He is entitled to know the health of the baby. So the doctors have by the time of this writing alerted that the baby is infected with certain problems as a result of ... / potentially may have HIV.

The mother was not tested for HIV. She stated as much.

He's (a US citizen) probably really dumb but he may figure out that if his baby potentially has HIV, it can only get it from the mother. The testing status of the baby's father is indeed unknown...that was part of the point.

If you know you have HIV and have unprotected sex without alerting your partner, you should be prosecuted.

Not acording to uni. She should be given the best care and treatment other peoples money can buy and then be granted automatic citizenship, put on every social program known to man and then collect SS Disability and a full pension from somewhere. Meanwhile the kid should have its education completely funded by all of those same other people until such a time as it is ready to collect welfare and SS Disability. Mexicans have rights you know.

I'm your Huckleberry

Grid Guru....Man of the People!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next