FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 04.16.2014, 05:13

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: David Wright...
PostPosted: Thu 09.15.2011, 12:44 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6261
Donate
cin.gif
Wright's been dragging so far in the playoffs. 7 errors in about 10 days and doing miserably at the plate.

PostPosted: Fri 02.03.2012, 13:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6
Donate
no.gif
I just reaquired him in my keeper league for cheap hoping that moving the fences in fix whatever is wrong with his head after being an elite overall top 5 fantasy talent at the age of 25 to being a borderline top 10 guy at his position at 28.. I like the kid and want him to do well, but geez man, you gotta figure something out.

PostPosted: Sat 02.04.2012, 14:10 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 1140
Donate
pit.gif
tha1000 wrote:
I just reaquired him in my keeper league for cheap hoping that moving the fences in fix whatever is wrong with his head after being an elite overall top 5 fantasy talent at the age of 25 to being a borderline top 10 guy at his position at 28.. I like the kid and want him to do well, but geez man, you gotta figure something out.

I've given up on Wright all together. Injuries, inconsistancy, and a front office that can't keep good players around him in the lineup.

PostPosted: Tue 02.14.2012, 10:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
no.gif
CBecker1985 wrote:
tha1000 wrote:

I've given up on Wright all together. Injuries, inconsistancy, and a front office that can't keep good players around him in the lineup.

You are a wiser guy than me.... I'm a glutton for punishment. That being said, he's the only 3b that is in the top 10 that was remotely available. The positiion is brutal this year.

PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 22:25 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37320
Donate
chi.gif
Wright's one injury plagued year removed from a .280/30/20/100 rbi season. (minus 1 steal and 1 HR)

And people are giving up on him already? After one bad season in which nearly everything that could go wrong for the Mets did go wrong?
I'm buying.

He's going in the 3rd round or later in every mock draft I've done, and I'm absolutely taking him at that price.
If he's healthy (and there is risk), Wright is still easily a top 5 3B.

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 10:05 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20108
Donate
hard 10 wrote:
Wright's one injury plagued year removed from a .280/30/20/100 rbi season. (minus 1 steal and 1 HR)

And people are giving up on him already? After one bad season in which nearly everything that could go wrong for the Mets did go wrong?
I'm buying.

He's going in the 3rd round or later in every mock draft I've done, and I'm absolutely taking him at that price.
If he's healthy (and there is risk), Wright is still easily a top 5 3B.

^this

There is lots of upside on a player that many have given up on way too early.

2011 House of Purgatory Champion - #1 in points, #2 overall record

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 17:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
no.gif
He might be a top 5 guy at the position in roto leagues, the K's have killed him in points leagues. He hasn't cracked the top 5 in a fairly standard scoring points league since 2008... the first five years of his career, he was a 115k a year type guy. The last three, he's been a 150k a year type guy. That's the difference between an elite 3b and Michael Young in my league.

Edit: in 2010, Wright tied Michael Young for 8th highest scorer in points leagues at the position. He outscored Casey McGehee by 14 points... Before the beaning/move to metco, Wright was a top 5 overall guy. He was #6 in 2007 and #4 in 2008, scoring about 600 points a year. Since then, he is good for about 420 a year, which at any position other than a very shallow 3b isn't worth keeping.

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 18:02 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
tha1000 wrote:
He might be a top 5 guy at the position in roto leagues, the K's have killed him in points leagues. He hasn't cracked the top 5 in a fairly standard scoring points league since 2008... the first five years of his career, he was a 115k a year type guy. The last three, he's been a 150k a year type guy. That's the difference between an elite 3b and Michael Young in my league.

Edit: in 2010, Wright tied Michael Young for 8th highest scorer in points leagues at the position. He outscored Casey McGehee by 14 points... Before the beaning/move to metco, Wright was a top 5 overall guy. He was #6 in 2007 and #4 in 2008, scoring about 600 points a year. Since then, he is good for about 420 a year, which at any position other than a very shallow 3b isn't worth keeping.

Mike Young was the #2 3B in my points league in 2011

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 21:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
no.gif
hard 10 wrote:
tha1000 wrote:

He might have been in mine too with the seasons that wright, longoria, arod, Zimmerman, et al had last year. Young is solid, but not a guy you're building a team around. Wright was that guy, hopefully moving the fences in gets him back to elite status.

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 21:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
no.gif
hard 10 wrote:
tha1000 wrote:

He might have been in mine too with the seasons that wright, longoria, arod, Zimmerman, et al had last year. Young is solid, but not a guy you're building a team around. Wright was that guy, hopefully moving the fences in gets him back to elite status.

PostPosted: Sat 02.25.2012, 11:22 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 1140
Donate
pit.gif
The reason why I don't bother drafting him is that he's injury-prone and doesn't have a good supporting cast around him. Adrian Beltre, Alex Rodriguez, Kevin Youkilis, Ryan Zimmerman, and even Pablo Sandoval are better choices. It's not Wright, it's the Mets organization in general.

PostPosted: Sat 02.25.2012, 16:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 188
Donate
hou.gif
CBecker1985 wrote:
The reason why I don't bother drafting him is that he's injury-prone and doesn't have a good supporting cast around him. Adrian Beltre, Alex Rodriguez, Kevin Youkilis, Ryan Zimmerman, and even Pablo Sandoval are better choices. It's not Wright, it's the Mets organization in general.

So you complain about his injuries and underproduction then lump him in with guys who are almost equally as injury prone and produce less than him when he's healthy?

Makes sense. You can be the guy thinking I tanked my season when I steal him after the 3rd.

PostPosted: Sun 02.26.2012, 13:51 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
CBecker1985 wrote:

In the last three seasons those guys have averaged:
119 games (Youkilis)
130 games (Beltre)
120 games (A-Rod)
133 games (Zimmerman)

Sandoval hasn't had extensive injury issues, but he did miss 45 games in 2011.

At the same time, last season was the first in Wright's career that he's missed significant time to injury.

There are legitimate arguments to be made in favor of any of those guys instead of Wright, but health is not one of them.

PostPosted: Wed 03.14.2012, 09:20 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
no.gif
and they announce it's actually a torn ab muscle (aka the same injury that zimmerman missed 60 games with last year) 2 days after my draft... Thanks Mets Docs!

PostPosted: Wed 03.14.2012, 11:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 188
Donate
hou.gif
tha1000 wrote:
and they announce it's actually a torn ab muscle (aka the same injury that zimmerman missed 60 games with last year) 2 days after my draft... Thanks Mets Docs!

Sigh. I JUST took him in Extreme Sharks. So much fail.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next