FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 12.22.2014, 10:36

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 11:58 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 3022
Donate
dal.gif
What the hell is going on here? Since when did 11 year old little girls start chasing boys? What happened to Barbie Dolls? This is truely sad and yet another example of a World gone mad. Im so lucky I knew simplier times once.

-------------------
By Olivia KatrandjianABC News

Health officials and police in Long Beach, Calif., are trying to determine how an 11-year-old girl died after getting into a fight with another girl over a boy.

Joanna Ramos, a fifth grader at Willard Elementary School, died Friday night in the hospital after complaining of a headache.

"She was so nice to me; she was like a sister to me," said classmate Stephanie Soltero, crying. "They were fighting over a boy, just for a boy. It's just stupid."

The two girls and seven onlookers went to an alley off campus after school on Friday, where they had planned to fight, according to Deputy Chief Robert Luna of the Long Beach Police Department. No weapons were used and no one was knocked to the ground.

Police are waiting for autopsy results to determine Ramos' cause of death.

Ramos' classmate said she was complaining about a pain in her head during an after-school program.

"She was crying and saying her head was hurting. She said to the supervisor, the principal on call, she told them that my head was hurting and then she called the parents and the parents took her to the hospital," classmate Justin Robert King Jr. said.

Ramos was unconscious and not breathing when family members took her to the hospital at about 5:50 p.m., according to police. She was rushed into surgery but pronounced dead three hours later.

"There are times when words do not convey a sense of sadness and loss that we feel. This was one of those times. Our hearts go out to the families affected by this tragic event yesterday. It resulted in the death of an 11-year-old girl from Long Beach. It's hard to understand how this can happen. If you're like me, you're also thinking of your own children, perhaps your daughter or your granddaughter, and you get a sense of how precious life really is," Long Beach Mayor Bob Foster said Saturday.

Outside Willard Elementary School, friends left balloons, candles, stuffed animals, flowers and letters to Ramos.

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 12:05 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 13110
Donate
buf.gif
reason to homeschool #205895794661

i love it when i tell people we homeschool and they are like "WHAT ABOUT INTERACTION WITH OTHER CHILDREN" sorry we aren't subjecting our children to 8 hours around your shi.tty kids so they can learn the alleged "social skills" that they apparently missing out on currently.

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 12:11 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
dal.gif
HurricaneNamedDitka wrote:

i love it when i tell people we homeschool and they are like "WHAT ABOUT INTERACTION WITH OTHER CHILDREN" sorry we aren't subjecting our children to 8 hours around your shi.tty kids so they can learn the alleged "social skills" that they apparently missing out on currently.

I appauld you for keeping them at home and safe. They may just have a chance to make it now. Many kudos to you HND. 8)

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 12:15 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 964
Donate
cin.gif

I was homeschooled. I think I turned out alright.

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 12:17 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
dal.gif
Alfman wrote:

You sure did. 8) Your folks did well. You were luckier than most.

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 12:22 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
buf.gif
Alfman wrote:

yeah, they are around kids all the time anyway so i don't buy into the social arguments.

the 4 year old is in basketball. she is in there with 5 and 6 yr olds. she is almost 5. she is very shy and will practice but will not play in the games because there are just so many people around. as we are at the game i overhear a girl i consider a sister say to her mom "i guarantee its because she's homeschooled" i turn around and go "if thats the case, then i assume the reason your kid screams "I HATE YOU" and "I WILL KILL YOU" at you and everyone else when ever he's mad is a result of the public schooling you subject him to." that was fun.

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 12:24 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 14140
Donate
atl.gif
Where were the friging parents for all these kids? Where were the teachers? I don't know about elementary school growing up but everyone worked together to make sure everyone went to their bus or went to their ride and got on it. Where's the friging supervision?

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 12:24 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 57415
Donate
min.gif
How is this the fault of the school? :roll: Not that I'm surprised it took less than one page to turn into school bashing...

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 12:26 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 14140
Donate
atl.gif
unimsw wrote:
How is this the fault of the school? :roll: Not that I'm surprised it took less than one page to turn into school bashing...

I didn't say it was the schools fault. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm just curious as to where everyone was. Was the fight directly after school? Or in the afternoon after school? What exactly happened during the fight? How did these kids get home? Just questions popping into my head reading the article.

Last edited by ATL Souljah Boy on Mon 02.27.2012, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 12:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 9428
Donate
pit.gif
unimsw wrote:

Damn

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 12:28 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
buf.gif
yeah i don't think anyone bashed a school yet. ohhh uni.

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 12:32 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 57415
Donate
min.gif

:F

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 12:34 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 964
Donate
cin.gif
Alfman wrote:

yeah, they are around kids all the time anyway so i don't buy into the social arguments.

the 4 year old is in basketball. she is in there with 5 and 6 yr olds. she is almost 5. she is very shy and will practice but will not play in the games because there are just so many people around. as we are at the game i overhear a girl i consider a sister say to her mom "i guarantee its because she's homeschooled" i turn around and go "if thats the case, then i assume the reason your kid screams "I HATE YOU" and "I WILL KILL YOU" at you and everyone else when ever he's mad is a result of the public schooling you subject him to." that was fun.

yeah... there are two types of kids that are taught at home.
those that are home schooled, and "a home schooler"
home schooled kids have various extra curricular activities, and are involved with several things.
home-schoolers are maladjusted individuals whose parents are crazy religious nut-jobs. I've known a few of those as well.

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 12:44 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
buf.gif
unimsw wrote:

:F

ok show us. you are so ready to jump in and defend anything school related that you are now creating it apparently in your own mind.

i took 5x statement as more of a wth is going one with kids from a parental standpoint more so than this being the schools fault. fights happen, there is no way to prevent them. we homeschool not so much because of the failings of the school districts but because of the insane rate in which kids today have no sense of right and wrong and just don't repect anything. stemming of course from awful parenting or a lack thereof. the public school system is not a well oiled machine, but i believe its mostly that way because they are trying to work with what they are given.

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 12:56 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 10236
Donate
cle.gif

My youngest sister home schools her 2 kids. They are incredibly bright and gifted musically and artistically with paints, oils, chalk, you name it. They test off the charts in most subjects and get plenty of socialization. There are art classes, music classes, sports programs away from home with other home school kids. Home schooling is not a nunnery. That may have been the case 30 years ago.