FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 07.22.2014, 14:34

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 16:30 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16454
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Don't see it unless Shanny gets witten proof from Snyder that he won't get fired for running 6-10 again.

shanny and his son are headed to the soup line 2013

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 16:35 

Sand$: 94993
Donate
Think I wrote it elsewhere, but wanted this in here too since I forsee this thread being a popular one for the next several months and potentially years.

Great move by the Skins if they do it. Pair this with a WR1 in free agency and they will be adequate the next 2 years (8-8 give or take, possible playoff team in 2013) and a contender by 2014.

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 16:36 

Sand$: 41281
Donate
nyj.gif
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=284453

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 16:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16454
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Think I wrote it elsewhere, but wanted this in here too since I forsee this thread being a popular one for the next several months and potentially years.

Great move by the Skins if they do it. Pair this with a WR1 in free agency and they will be adequate the next 2 years (8-8 give or take, possible playoff team in 2013) and a contender by 2014.

you don't think he will be a brown? That franchise needs a boost desperately and all it would cost is the two firsts. Can't see how they don't do it. Rams want Blackmon and then can draft CB help with the other pick. All shannys picks don't equal the two firsts the browns hold.

Best PR the Browns can bring there fans. RG3's jersey would blow out of stores.

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 16:51 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15237
Donate
OarChambo wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
Mike Adams right now reminds me a lot of Roger Saffold then.

Over matched vs. Big 10 d ends, strong in the run game, and dominated inferior competition.

That's a right tackle.

If thats the buckeye im assuming you watch him alot ... So, wouldnt it be a little difficult to compare a guy - who by your own admission - rarely have seen to a guy you watch regularly?

Sam Baker is what Saffold could potentially be to StL. Polian was right to admit they made a mistake not drafting him.

Either way - i see where your coming from and guess we'll find out in April if they think he has a future there (LT) or not

My bad on the poor choice of words, my default setting on Saturday afternoon is whatever Big 10 game is on. I probably watch more Indiana football than most SEC teams, simply because they play another Big 10 team. 'Rarely' is in terms of my standard Big 10 watching.

Its no worries, i see where youre coming from and aint nothing to say either of us is right or wrong.

Slightly OT, but apropos of the Adams comparison i can see why youre making it - to illustrate the point mainly - but i see two different players. Not saying Saffold hasnt got work to do either, but I think Adams could even struggle at RT in the league tbh. He has a nice wingspan and good hands, but he lacks power and push and can stop playing after he loses initial contact. Got lost on too many simple spin-moves for my liking. Went back and watched the 2010 games vs Clayborn & Watt for some sort of NFL yardstick. 3rd rnd pick for me.

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 16:57 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10604
Donate
phi.gif
OarChambo wrote:

Oar, I don't think I've ever seen you gush this much over a non-Brown before, what gives?

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 17:01 

Donate
jamcutpost wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

Over matched vs. Big 10 d ends, strong in the run game, and dominated inferior competition.

That's a right tackle.

If thats the buckeye im assuming you watch him alot ... So, wouldnt it be a little difficult to compare a guy - who by your own admission - rarely have seen to a guy you watch regularly?

Sam Baker is what Saffold could potentially be to StL. Polian was right to admit they made a mistake not drafting him.

Either way - i see where your coming from and guess we'll find out in April if they think he has a future there (LT) or not

My bad on the poor choice of words, my default setting on Saturday afternoon is whatever Big 10 game is on. I probably watch more Indiana football than most SEC teams, simply because they play another Big 10 team. 'Rarely' is in terms of my standard Big 10 watching.

Its no worries, i see where youre coming from and aint nothing to say either of us is right or wrong.

Slightly OT, but apropos of the Adams comparison i can see why youre making it - to illustrate the point mainly - but i see two different players. Not saying Saffold hasnt got work to do either, but I think Adams could even struggle at RT in the league tbh. He has a nice wingspan and good hands, but he lacks power and push and can stop playing after he loses initial contact. Got lost on too many simple spin-moves for my liking. Went back and watched the 2010 games vs Clayborn & Watt for some sort of NFL yardstick. 3rd rnd pick for me.

Glad someone else sees it. Adams is not good. Might be a decent RT, awful LT. Speed rushers absolutely dominate him.

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 17:04 

Donate
badgasman9 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

you don't think he will be a brown? That franchise needs a boost desperately and all it would cost is the two firsts. Can't see how they don't do it. Rams want Blackmon and then can draft CB help with the other pick. All shannys picks don't equal the two firsts the browns hold.

Best PR the Browns can bring there fans. RG3's jersey would blow out of stores.

I said last month that I don't think we will offer what is needed to move up to 2 and that's what it will take to get him, stance remains unchanged.

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 18:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15237
Donate
OarChambo wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

That's a right tackle.

Glad someone else sees it. Adams is not good. Might be a decent RT, awful LT. Speed rushers absolutely dominate him.

50:50 he makes it RT even for me. Hes a project at best and the 3rnd rnd pick is based more on FO naivety than any love on my part.

Hope he proves us both wrong though as i think the Browns are taking a long look at him dont know how true that is & how much is beat speculation and dot-connecting. Youve probably got a better handle on that than me there!

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 19:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
jamcutpost wrote:

50:50 he makes it RT even for me. Hes a project at best and the 3rnd rnd pick is based more on FO naivety than any love on my part.

Hope he proves us both wrong though as i think the Browns are taking a long look at him dont know how true that is & how much is beat speculation and dot-connecting. Youve probably got a better handle on that than me there!

probably not..we're getting the same rhetoric and vague ramblings. I dont think the browns know what they'll do until faced with "you better sweeten that offer" from the rams that they will most certainly get. If the browns choose to call their bluff..someone will trade up with the Rams or Vikes to take him, he won' drop to #4.

My wish..

My philosophy always is to draft hall of famers..plain and not so simple. Draft blue chip high ceiling guys and i've been quite lucky since the browns came back and have far exceeded the Browns brain trust in picking talent in rounds 1-3 each year. Not a hard thing to do actually.

This year..we can hardly go wrong at #4. Luck, RGIII ( washington), kalil..

We have 3 Blue chips right there..Trent Richardson, Morris Claiborne, Justin Blackmon. I'll be ecstatic with any one of them. However..an elite db is more rare and valuable than the rb and wr depth in this draft. The Browns NEED to take Perennial all pro Claiborne, and come back with a stud wr later in the draft. Keep out #22 pick and our 2nd. Stand pat.

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 20:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 23135
Donate
cle.gif
I was just going to ask who you guys thought was the pick at #4 ,assuming both QB's and Kahil gone? Much as I would love to have Blackmon, I agree with taking Claiborne,solidifying the backfield for years to come. Trading back would not be horrible either if some team gets the wood for Blackmon and we could acquire another 2nd rounder and still land Richardson.

With all that said I still think they should make a move for RGIII, Kid has the potential to be great, and without a top tier QB you can only get so far in today's NFL. If it means giving up #4 and #22 plus a conditional 3rd next year, or #4, #36 and our 1st rounder next year so be it.

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 21:11 

Donate
Our GM is recovering from heart surgery and I don't think has worked much or at all since before the Sr Bowl, since the draft is his baby that's only going to cloud the rumors we're hearing and this regime is already cloudy enough with info as is.

That said, I've heard 'stay the course' enough times to fully believe we will not move up for RG3 unless both Heckert and Holmgren look at him and go - 100% he's a hall of famer. As much as some in Berea like Richardson I just don't see either of the big guys pulling that trigger. We're either staying put and taking Claiborne or Blackmon or making a small move backwards (target - Richardson) in exchange for a future 1.

If we stay put and take Claiborne then we love Floyd or Wright and plan to use the 22 to get one of them, if it's Blackmon then neither Floyd nor Wright sold the staff. Just please don't be Mike Adams...

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 03:10 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16736
Donate
atl.gif
So now we have 2 "can't miss" QB prospects in this draft? Me thinks one of these boys won't pan out.

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 09:02 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2234
Donate
cin.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
So now we have 2 "can't miss" QB prospects in this draft? Me thinks one of these boys won't pan out.

I agree....and in my opinion, it will be Luck who doesn't. Personally, I'm not sold on him, but who am I?? My reasoning is that Manning has/had the ability to do so much with whoever is on the field and a mediocre run game that Indy hasn't really had to adress personnel issues with uber talented players around him. However, I'm not saying that Indy is fielding a bunch of scrubs, so I hope no one takes it that way, most of their players are solid above average NFL players...what I am saying is that Indy's deficiencies were definitely highlighted without Manning taking the snaps. Even with him, I don't think that Indy was going to have a season that their fan base is used to on a nearly perinneal basis (10-6 and above). At this point, with their poorest season in over a decade behind them, the talent/experience base could dwindle even more....just to name a few, Saturday comtemplating retirement and IIRC, I thought I heard that Freeny and Garcon were both FA and looking to sign elsewhere. At any rate, my point through this is that Luck isn't going to have as much experience and talent to work with, and at some level, it may set him up for failure. This, of course, is all just my opinion, so don't beat on my too badly with your responses....LOL!

For the record...I'm a Bengals fan, but I like Indy and I like seeing them do well. I didn't expect the wheels to fall off like they did without PM this past season.

QB/2RB/3WR/TE/K/DST/2DL/4LB/3DB

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 09:12 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 115028
Donate
min.gif
per BSPN - Schefter: Rams have decided to trade No.2 overall. Question now is to who.

just heard it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next