FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 04.19.2014, 09:30

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 10:54 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39048
Donate
pit.gif
Quote:
there is a decent amount of chatter out here that if rg3 is available, the vikes take him.

no idea how real that is, but i think the chances of the brown getting a shot at him is slim to none.

The above was posted in a different thread, but is its true then it was a bad bluff. They basically put an ad in the papper for the rams.

Quote:
Vikings might not get blockbuster deal, after all
By Jeremy Fowler
jfowler@pioneerpress.comtwincities.com
Posted: 02/27/2012 12:01:00 AM CST
February 27, 2012 11:14 PM GMT Updated: 02/27/2012 05:14:58 PM CST

The Minnesota Vikings might not get their wish to make a blockbuster draft-day trade that would allow someone to draft Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III.

The St. Louis Rams will trade the second overall pick in April's draft to the highest bidder, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. Griffin III is widely considered the second-best quarterback in the draft behind Stanford's Andrew Luck and would be trade bait for teams eyeing a franchise quarterback.

Should Griffin III be off the board when the Vikings select third overall, USC left tackle Matt Kalil might make the most sense for a team that needs help protecting quarterback Christian Ponder.

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman has publicly expressed his interest in trading the pick to accumulate more early-round selections. The Vikings will have up to 10 picks in the draft, which begins April 26.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_20 ... source=rss

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 11:10 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 113028
Donate
min.gif
regardless of who and what they've been vocal about listening to offers regardless of what player is there.

Rumors of this that and the other thing are rumors. You really think anyone especially Spielman and Co is talking to anyone about intentions? Thats ridiculous. 100% out of character for that entire staff. Everybody is just trying to draw conclusions from watered down vague dialogue.

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 11:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
birddog wrote:
regardless of who and what they've been vocal about listening to offers regardless of what player is there.

Rumors of this that and the other thing are rumors. You really think anyone especially Spielman and Co is talking to anyone about intentions? Thats ridiculous. 100% out of character for that entire staff. Everybody is just trying to draw conclusions from watered down vague dialogue.

ok.

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 11:34 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 46442
Donate
ne.gif
On the one hand, for the browns to move up only two spots at the cost of a first rounder, it seems like too much.

On the other, they will have traded their #6 pick last year and #4 this year to get #2 and a fourth this year, #27, 59 and a fourth last year.

Interesting article: http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/statistical-analysis-and-fantasy-football/

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 12:01 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 113028
Donate
min.gif
Quote:
is its true then it was a bad bluff. They basically put an ad in the papper for the rams.

in response to that, rugger. Way out of character for anyone on that staff to lean into anything vocally.

They don't need to do or say anything. About the only thing they collectively excel at.

Didn't mean that harshly if it came across that way

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 12:14 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
birddog wrote:
Quote:
is its true then it was a bad bluff. They basically put an ad in the papper for the rams.

in response to that, rugger. Way out of character for anyone on that staff to lean into anything vocally.

They don't need to do or say anything. About the only thing they collectively excel at.

Didn't mean that harshly if it came across that way

You have guns, you can say what you want. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 12:16 

Sand$: 41184
Donate
nyj.gif
woody1570 wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
So now we have 2 "can't miss" QB prospects in this draft? Me thinks one of these boys won't pan out.

I agree....and in my opinion, it will be Luck who doesn't. Personally, I'm not sold on him, but who am I?? My reasoning is that Manning has/had the ability to do so much with whoever is on the field and a mediocre run game that Indy hasn't really had to adress personnel issues with uber talented players around him. However, I'm not saying that Indy is fielding a bunch of scrubs, so I hope no one takes it that way, most of their players are solid above average NFL players...what I am saying is that Indy's deficiencies were definitely highlighted without Manning taking the snaps. Even with him, I don't think that Indy was going to have a season that their fan base is used to on a nearly perinneal basis (10-6 and above). At this point, with their poorest season in over a decade behind them, the talent/experience base could dwindle even more....just to name a few, Saturday comtemplating retirement and IIRC, I thought I heard that Freeny and Garcon were both FA and looking to sign elsewhere. At any rate, my point through this is that Luck isn't going to have as much experience and talent to work with, and at some level, it may set him up for failure. This, of course, is all just my opinion, so don't beat on my too badly with your responses....LOL!

For the record...I'm a Bengals fan, but I like Indy and I like seeing them do well. I didn't expect the wheels to fall off like they did without PM this past season.

I think RGIII will be better out of the gate, but Luck will have the longer and more successful career.

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 12:38 

Sand$: 94435
Donate
Cyguy84 wrote:
On the one hand, for the browns to move up only two spots at the cost of a first rounder, it seems like too much.

On the other, they will have traded their #6 pick last year and #4 this year to get #2 and a fourth this year, #27, 59 and a fourth last year.

Last year's trade is meaningless in deciding what to do now.

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 12:49 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 3215
Donate
kc.gif
If the Browns believe RG III is Michael Vick with a good work ethic, no off-field issues, accurate passer, and more durable; (all the talking heads, say he is) then you have to make that deal.

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 12:56 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15172
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Bill Rayfield wrote:
If the Browns believe RG III is Michael Vick with a good work ethic, no off-field issues, accurate passer, and more durable; (all the talking heads, say he is) then you have to make that deal.

His pro day really decides the fate of the browns, , rams , vikes and the trade up. He ran fast but if his throwing skill show poorly. Everything changes from what the combine set forth.

I can't think of where a pro day decided so much in the draft.

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 13:00 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
endzoneview wrote:
woody1570 wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
So now we have 2 "can't miss" QB prospects in this draft? Me thinks one of these boys won't pan out.

I agree....and in my opinion, it will be Luck who doesn't. Personally, I'm not sold on him, but who am I?? My reasoning is that Manning has/had the ability to do so much with whoever is on the field and a mediocre run game that Indy hasn't really had to adress personnel issues with uber talented players around him. However, I'm not saying that Indy is fielding a bunch of scrubs, so I hope no one takes it that way, most of their players are solid above average NFL players...what I am saying is that Indy's deficiencies were definitely highlighted without Manning taking the snaps. Even with him, I don't think that Indy was going to have a season that their fan base is used to on a nearly perinneal basis (10-6 and above). At this point, with their poorest season in over a decade behind them, the talent/experience base could dwindle even more....just to name a few, Saturday comtemplating retirement and IIRC, I thought I heard that Freeny and Garcon were both FA and looking to sign elsewhere. At any rate, my point through this is that Luck isn't going to have as much experience and talent to work with, and at some level, it may set him up for failure. This, of course, is all just my opinion, so don't beat on my too badly with your responses....LOL!

For the record...I'm a Bengals fan, but I like Indy and I like seeing them do well. I didn't expect the wheels to fall off like they did without PM this past season.

I think RGIII will be better out of the gate, but Luck will have the longer and more successful career.

Well..for all those thinking you can't have 2 can't miss HOF Qb's in the same draft, or back to back at 1-2..i totally disagree. I can see it in both of these guys. Different skill sets, both blessed with the necessary ingredients to excel in a great way imo. Situation, coaching and health will separate more than anything. If the Browns win the bidding war, fine. I'll hate giving up the extra picks, but so be it. If they stand pat, that's fine too, plenty of blue chips available.

Yesterday it was said the Rams are in discussions for trade for RGIII with Browns, Skins.....and Miami. Rumors and innuendos..mehhh

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 13:01 

Sand$: 94435
Donate
Bill Rayfield wrote:

The Browns mistake was retaining Shurmur for another year, hiring him at all for that matter.

I have zero faith RG3 has success in this God awful system. If you pulled out a crystal ball and said we’d have a new coach this time next year and he’d be the one to know how to use RG3 I’d be all for it, but I don’t trust the LaMonte family to make that happen.

I hate this team.

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 13:02 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 46442
Donate
ne.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Cyguy84 wrote:

Last year's trade is meaningless in deciding what to do now.

Yes and no.

The trade should stand on its own two feet, so if it is too much to give up, then it is just too much to give up.

But it isn't meaningless. The fact that the Browns are in the best position to trade up is directly a result of the trade last year and the reason you have the #22. Teams take the big picture approach at times, and so they can consider trading down instead of taking a great WR in Julio as a first step with the second step being trading up for a great QB in RG3.

If you think of it that way, they end up with the more valuable position.

Interesting article: http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/statistical-analysis-and-fantasy-football/

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 13:03 

Donate
nyj.gif
Once Flynn and Peyton sign, the picture is going to be much clearer.

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 13:06 

Donate
nyj.gif
Florio of PFT actually floats a not so crazy idea for the Jags to move up to 2 to snag Griffin

Quote:
If, as suggested earlier in the day, Griffin’s finds extra motivation in the fact that the Colts aren’t given the likely second pick a second glance, Griffin could be the perfect target for the team that holds the No. 7 selection: the AFC South’s Jaguars.

Yeah, they’re committed to Blaine Gabbert, who arrived via the 10th overall pick in 2011 after the Jaguars gave up a second-round pick in order to flip-flop first-round spots with the Redskins. But what better way to throw other teams off the scent than to create the impression that Gabbert remains the guy? New Jaguars coach Mike Mularkey and new Rams G.M. Les Snead worked together in Atlanta, which could help Mularkey achieve and maintain extreme discretion from Snead while the talks secretly occur. And new Jags owner Shahid Khan may be willing to mortgage a chunk of his future drafts in order to secure the franchise’s future as a contender for the next 10 years or more.

Throw in the fact that Griffin would get two cracks at the Colts every year, and the move seems far less ludicrous.

I think a mystery team will jump into the fray and make it happen before it's all said and done. The Jags plan, as outlined above, sounds brilliant. (I never thought I'd use 'brilliant' and 'Florio' in the same post)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next