FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 11.28.2014, 14:19

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Wed 03.07.2012, 14:03 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1028
Donate
nyj.gif
kbookert wrote:
Didnt the Colts pay Manning a lot of money to sit out this year?

Before you gasp and get all red in the face or laugh it off as crazy talk. How is this for a plan? The Colts are a smart team. They knew Manning had the surgery and figured they could use that as an excuse. Pay him a lot of money to keep his mouth shut, let him sit out, Suck for Luck, then stash him on the bench and let him learn for 3 or 4 years then start where Manning leaves off.

Investing in the future? Hmmmm :-k

Hmmmmmmmm, well I was partly right. Who knew Manning had to big an ego to have someone waiting in the wings for him to be done. I like Manning, but not being able to be on the team with the number 1 pick says a lot. They are building monuments to him with his one Super Bowl win. Maybe the wrong Manning is getting all the attention.

PostPosted: Wed 03.07.2012, 14:09 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37392
Donate
mia.gif
kbookert wrote:
kbookert wrote:

Before you gasp and get all red in the face or laugh it off as crazy talk. How is this for a plan? The Colts are a smart team. They knew Manning had the surgery and figured they could use that as an excuse. Pay him a lot of money to keep his mouth shut, let him sit out, Suck for Luck, then stash him on the bench and let him learn for 3 or 4 years then start where Manning leaves off.

Hmmmmmmmm, well I was partly right. Who knew Manning had to big an ego to have someone waiting in the wings for him to be done. I like Manning, but not being able to be on the team with the number 1 pick says a lot. They are building monuments to him with his one Super Bowl win. Maybe the wrong Manning is getting all the attention.

I think it's that he doesn't want to be stuck in rebuilding. He wants to compete for a title.

PostPosted: Wed 03.07.2012, 14:16 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3378
Donate
det.gif
kbookert wrote:
kbookert wrote:

I just think guys like Manning, Favre, et al, are too driven by winning, and their own game, to be somebodies mentor. Nothing wrong with that.

PostPosted: Wed 03.07.2012, 15:36 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37978
Donate
car.gif
kbookert wrote:
kbookert wrote:

Weird, I thought the Colts cut Manning, I didn't realize he had bailed on them.

If you're gonna try to pat yourself on the back, at least be sorta right. Jeez.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Wed 03.07.2012, 17:01 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
kbookert wrote:
kbookert wrote:

The theory works well except for all the guys that got fired. What your saying is Jim Irsay is a genius. I for one will contest that.

PostPosted: Wed 03.07.2012, 22:15 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9628
Donate
cle.gif
kbookert wrote:
kbookert wrote:

HUH??

Dude..that is one crazy viewpoint..he was let go man. He had a very emotional exit speech.

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 07:23 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15805
Donate
Fighting Amish wrote:
kbookert wrote:
kbookert wrote:

HUH??

Dude..that is one crazy viewpoint..he was let go man. He had a very emotional exit speech.

Give the guy a break ... He has bigger and more fundamental things to address, id say ;)

He needs our support, brother sharks :)

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 07:41 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15641
Donate
Blue/Silver Wave wrote:
kbookert wrote:
kbookert wrote:

I just think guys like Manning, Favre, et al, are too driven by ego and over-inflation of self, to be somebodies mentor. Plenty wrong with that.

FTFY

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 08:45 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9628
Donate
cle.gif
jamcutpost wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
kbookert wrote:
kbookert wrote:

HUH??

Give the guy a break ... He has bigger and more fundamental things to address, id say ;)

He needs our support, brother sharks :)

I noticed that..he's for all teams in NY/NJ/Bronk/Queens..its all good 8)

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 09:25 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
SonOfDad wrote:
Blue/Silver Wave wrote:
kbookert wrote:
kbookert wrote:

I just think guys like Manning, Favre, et al, are too driven by ego and over-inflation of self, to be somebodies mentor. Plenty wrong with that.

FTFY

With a very limited career of a few years and a staff of guys that are supposed to be coaches, why would it be a player's job at all to train the guy trying to take their job and end their career? I wouldn't do it at my own job if it would affect my long term job-health, yet we fans are single-minded enough to ask them to do exactly that.

How many of us would do it, help train a guy that will make you unemployed before you want to retire? The honest answer should be none.

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 14:14 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pwbowen wrote:
With a very limited career of a few years and a staff of guys that are supposed to be coaches, why would it be a player's job at all to train the guy trying to take their job and end their career? I wouldn't do it at my own job if it would affect my long term job-health, yet we fans are single-minded enough to ask them to do exactly that.

How many of us would do it, help train a guy that will make you unemployed before you want to retire? The honest answer should be none.

Real world vs. football world isn't the same. I think you've mentioned that yourself a few times. Besides, Luck wouldn't be there to end Manning's career. Age, health, performance would. There are countless NFL players who took the young guys under their wings knowing they only had a few years left with the team or even in the league. I don't buy the no one would help train a guy argument. If Manning is the firey competitor that everyone claims he is, then he should have no problem with them bringing in a replacement, especially at this stage of his career.

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 14:27 

Sand$: 48084
Donate
nyj.gif
pwbowen wrote:

Brett Favre wrote:
completely agree

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 14:35 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
SonOfDad wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

Real world vs. football world isn't the same. I think you've mentioned that yourself a few times. Besides, Luck wouldn't be there to end Manning's career. Age, health, performance would. There are countless NFL players who took the young guys under their wings knowing they only had a few years left with the team or even in the league. I don't buy the no one would help train a guy argument. If Manning is the firey competitor that everyone claims he is, then he should have no problem with them bringing in a replacement, especially at this stage of his career.

Um, then why would Luck be there? He'd only be on the bench as long as Manning can hold him off.

Pro athlete: practice your job to keep getting better or spend time teaching the young guy who's there to ultimately take your place?

We aren't talking about a Steve Deberg or Mark Brunell, we're talking about a HOF caliber QB who has to firmly believe he's still the stud QB to lead a team to a title.

Also, let's realize why great athletes make crappy coaches: they do a lot instinctually and it's not easy for them to verbalize what and how they do it. Reggie White couldn't even teach that hump move of his no matter how much he tried.

As Jim Finks said "Owners own, coaches coach, players play."

It's fans wanting to believe that their sports heroes are such great guys that would do anything for their favorite team, like train their own replacement.

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 14:40 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Manning is actually a anti train QBer. He took 2nd and 3rd string snaps in practice. Besides first string. I mean Painter just sat through practice like he was watching daddy at work.

Probably read a magazine or something.

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 20:04 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pwbowen wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

Um, then why would Luck be there? He'd only be on the bench as long as Manning can hold him off.

Pro athlete: practice your job to keep getting better or spend time teaching the young guy who's there to ultimately take your place?

We aren't talking about a Steve Deberg or Mark Brunell, we're talking about a HOF caliber QB who has to firmly believe he's still the stud QB to lead a team to a title.

Also, let's realize why great athletes make crappy coaches: they do a lot instinctually and it's not easy for them to verbalize what and how they do it. Reggie White couldn't even teach that hump move of his no matter how much he tried.

As Jim Finks said "Owners own, coaches coach, players play."

It's fans wanting to believe that their sports heroes are such great guys that would do anything for their favorite team, like train their own replacement.

Isn't that what I pretty much said already?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next