FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 04.23.2014, 18:43

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri 03.09.2012, 18:28 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 113096
Donate
min.gif
converting over from a Tampa-2 to a 3-4 .. Indys going to be sucking up a few LBs and hybrid DE/OLBs

Wonder if they're serious Mario Williams buyers..

PostPosted: Fri 03.09.2012, 18:44 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 31990
Donate
oak.gif
raynman wrote:
jnadke wrote:
Wow. No Wayne, Garcon, Clark, or Addai.

Either the Colts are trying to make a run on Free Agency, or they're trying to suck a** this year.

Not sure yet.

Quote:
SalaryCap101 While savings is only 5M in 12 for Brackett, Addai, Bullitt, Clark; #Colts freed 25M off their 2013 cap. Hv only 32M total committed in 13.
it's a roster/cap purge that will free them up to do more in 2013.

they might make a run in FA this year, but i don't see it being hugely successful. mainly a bunch of 1 year deals to whatever scrubs they can find desperate for a team.

this year is going to be ugly for them and for luck....but it won't be that different than what peyton walked into his first year with them.

they'll have great draft picks this year and more than likely great draft picks next year. from there it's all about selling the new colts to prospective FAs. if the colts aren't very good the next couple years i think selling themselves is going to be awfully hard to do. the majority of their building is going to have to come from draft picks and diamond in the rough FAs.

i might sound like a homer, but newton had a much better situation to walk into. i think that the other QBs that will be drafted early (RG3, tannehill, and wheeden) will probably walk into better situations as well. luck is walking into a totally clean slate. i'd be very surprised if he wasn't considered by many to be a bust after his rookie year because of all the hype that came with him the last couple years and because of the level newton set the bar for rookies last year.

it's going to take a few years for them to build that team to any semblence of relevancy.

Luck to Keenan Allen in 2013. 8)

2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion

PostPosted: Fri 03.09.2012, 19:13 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11225
Donate
gb.gif

"Hello boys and girls. We're going to learn a new word today. Doesn't that sound like fun? Sure...I think it'll be lots of fun.

We're learning about the NFL. The National Football League. Can you say that? Football? Sure...I knew you could.

You know, most times football teams are very good or very bad. Look at this team...the Indianapolis Colts. Can you say that? Indianapolis? That's a big word isn't it? Indianapolis. Try it once. Did you say it right? Sure...I knew you could.

The Indianapolis Colts used to be a very good football team. One year they even won the Super Bowl. Can you say that? Super? Sure...I knew you could. Their quarterback was a man named Peyton Manning. The quarterback is the most important player on the team. He gets to decide which plays the team will use to try and win the game. Can you say that? Quarterback? Sure...I knew you could.

Before last football season, Peyton Manning was injured. Can you say that? Injured? That's another big word isn't it? It means that he got hurt and wasn't able to play. Because Peyton Manning was hurt, the Indianapolis Colts became a bad football team. In fact, they were the worst team in the whole league. They didn't win the Super Bowl last year.

The Colts were so bad, after the season they fired their coach. That doesn't mean that they set him on fire, although I'm sure some of their fans wanted that to happen. No...it just means that they didn't want him to coach the team anymore. Can you say that? Fired? Sure...I knew you could.

The new coach has even started firing some of the players. That means they won't be playing for the Indianapolis Colts next season. When a team does this, it's called 'rebuilding'. Can you say that? Rebuilding? That's another big word, isn't it? Try it again...rebuilding.

The Indianapolis Colts are probably going to be bad for a very long time. Their fans will probably say 'they suck'. Can you say that? Suck? Sure...I knew you could.

PostPosted: Fri 03.09.2012, 21:14 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 1828
Donate
stl.gif
endzoneview wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:
Jacob Tamme is suddenly a real sneaky dyno add right now......Luck threw to Fleener a lot at Stanford......

If he re-signs. He's a free agent.

If you wait until he re-signs, you're probably too late.

I'm not totally useless... I can be used as a bad example.

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w=144793

PostPosted: Fri 03.09.2012, 23:39 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 188
Donate
hou.gif
As a Texans fan, today felt like early Christmas.

Colts get taken apart from the inside 2 years removed from dominating the division? Probably in store for 3-4 years of struggling mightily just to get back on track? Yes please.

I still don't understand what they think they're going to accomplish with this much cap room created all of a sudden. Has anyone run the numbers? It has got to be some ridiculous figure.

PostPosted: Fri 03.09.2012, 23:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39926
Donate
nyj.gif
Virro wrote:
As a Texans fan, today felt like early Christmas.

Colts get taken apart from the inside 2 years removed from dominating the division? Probably in store for 3-4 years of struggling mightily just to get back on track? Yes please.

I still don't understand what they think they're going to accomplish with this much cap room created all of a sudden. Has anyone run the numbers? It has got to be some ridiculous figure.

well according to this site they were 2.7 under the cap before the purge, the site has yet to be updated

http://www.coltscap.net/salarycap.php

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 00:38 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
hou.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:
well according to this site they were 2.7 under the cap before the purge, the site has yet to be updated

http://www.coltscap.net/salarycap.php

The numbers I've read elsewhere suggest:

Manning: 10,400,000
Brackett: 7,200,000
Clark: 5,580,000
Addai: 3,720,000
Bullitt: 2,670,000
Collins: 1,250,000
Painter 22,750

Somewhere in the range of 29-31M for 2012... and if they manage to clear Freeney that'll be an additional 19M? in savings. 2013 cap numbers would be something like 44M in savings, 2014 would be 28M.

Take a huge hit this year, eat 16 games of being God awful and roll into next year hoping you can land some bodies and field a competitive team. I wish my Houston Rockets would take that approach.

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 01:57 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 85307
Donate
oak.gif
SJSwarm wrote:
Jacob Tamme is suddenly a real sneaky dyno add right now......Luck threw to Fleener a lot at Stanford......

Agreed....but the Clark release is just stupid.

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 02:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
hou.gif
SnakeStabler wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

They're just planning for 2013. Makes sense. If you're gonna commit to rebuilding, do it big.

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 02:15 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 85307
Donate
oak.gif
Virro wrote:
SnakeStabler wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

They're just planning for 2013. Makes sense. If you're gonna commit to rebuilding, do it big.

Well...they are certainly doing it big, but I think Irsay hit the panic button a bit too early. If you want a rookie QB like Luck, to at least succeed somewhat, in his first year, and not lose major confidence in his abilities....you got to keep some quality people around him.

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 12:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 3948
Donate
dal.gif
SJSwarm wrote:

that's my thoughts .............* runs to all 4 dynos to check on Tamme's availability*

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 13:18 

Sand$: 40254
Donate
nyj.gif
DieHard wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

If he re-signs. He's a free agent.

If you wait until he re-signs, you're probably too late.

True. Pick him up now and hope for the best. I doubt he's resigned though

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 13:22 

Sand$: 40254
Donate
nyj.gif
SnakeStabler wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

They released a past his prime 33 year old who looked like crap without Peyton, couldnt stay healthy and was set to make something like $6M this year. I don't see how you could have justified keeping him.

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 21:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
hou.gif
endzoneview wrote:
SnakeStabler wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

They released a past his prime 33 year old who looked like crap without Peyton, couldnt stay healthy and was set to make something like $6M this year. I don't see how you could have justified keeping him.

And in Clark's worthless 2010 season, Tamme proved he was capable.

I think the real issue here is that the Colts will probably be losing their entire receiving core (Wayne, Garcon, Gonzalez, Clark, possibly Tamme) minus Austin Collie. If they had retained at least some of those pieces, the transition would be a lot easier for Luck. Having to replace that level of talent, plus train a new quarterback, and rebuild a defense... now that's a tall order for any GM, especially if the plan is to have them competitive in 2 years time.

As a Texans' fan I'm excited I won't be having to watch Reggie Wayne catch a game-winning fade against our weak corner in man-coverage at least once a year. That'll be nice.

PostPosted: Sun 03.11.2012, 00:45 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 14758
Donate
dal.gif
New coaches, new system and new players makes sense to me.