FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 08.27.2014, 17:59

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 541 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Fri 03.09.2012, 06:46 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18644
Donate
Location: Somewhere between the Principality of Sealand and Migrate, KY
ne.gif
4 replies received for challenge 7. 22 to go. No rush though... I understand you'll probably want to talk to your teammate and figure out some totally awesome strategy but end up overthinking it and facepalm when you see the results. 8)

PostPosted: Fri 03.09.2012, 11:19 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 20913
Donate
ne.gif
DropkickFluties wrote:
4 replies received for challenge 7. 22 to go. No rush though... I understand you'll probably want to talk to your teammate and figure out some totally awesome strategy but end up overthinking it and facepalm when you see the results. 8)

:evil:
Quit messing with our heads!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 07:24 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
9 replies received for challenge 7. 17 to go.

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 10:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 25485
Donate
cle.gif
So are we guessing the average price of one ticket,which I thought was the original question in our answers, or the price for two tickets?

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 13:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
bluemist wrote:
So are we guessing the average price of one ticket,which I thought was the original question in our answers, or the price for two tickets?

The question specifies a pair of tickets. Always has. A pair is two. The guesses to challenge 7 will be to get as close to the average of everyone's answers to that question with out going over. I hope people didn't submit answers without understanding the original question, but it's a little late to be making changes. So I guess part of the challenge 7 replies will also need to take into consideration how many people you think misunderstood it and only gave the price for one. This is becoming less intuition and more a pure guessing game. :(

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 13:31 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18234
Donate
hou2.gif
DropkickFluties wrote:
bluemist wrote:

The question specifies a pair of tickets. Always has. A pair is two. The guesses to challenge 7 will be to get as close to the average of everyone's answers to that question with out going over. I hope people didn't submit answers without understanding the original question, but it's a little late to be making changes. So I guess part of the challenge 7 replies will also need to take into consideration how many people you think misunderstood it and only gave the price for one. This is becoming less intuition and more a pure guessing game. :(

Misunderstandings are routine part of life...

I do wonder - can't an answer be changed if before deadline and/or all answers received?

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 14:59 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
OilersNut wrote:
DropkickFluties wrote:
bluemist wrote:

I do wonder - can't an answer be changed if before deadline and/or all answers received?

I thought about that, but to keep it fair, that would mean allowing (or possibly requiring) everyone to have the chance to change their answer. And I'm concerned about both the time it would take to do that as well as the possibility that a percentage of sharks could affect the outcome of this challenge in their favor by changing their answers, even if they did understand the original question. I want to keep things as equitable as possible.

Here's a thought... what if I wipe out all the answers to the original question about ticket prices and replace them with the answers given for challenge 7? The intent stays the same, but the average number then becomes a moving target until all answers are recorded. And hopefully any confusion will have been removed by this discussion.

Any thoughts?

For the time being everyone can assume there is no formal deadline for challenge 7 until this gets resolved. And if it does change, I'll allow those who have already submitted an answer the opportunity to revise it if they wish.

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 15:20 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 54881
Donate
sf.gif
DropkickFluties wrote:
OilersNut wrote:
DropkickFluties wrote:
bluemist wrote:

I thought about that, but to keep it fair, that would mean allowing (or possibly requiring) everyone to have the chance to change their answer. And I'm concerned about both the time it would take to do that as well as the possibility that a percentage of sharks could affect the outcome of this challenge in their favor by changing their answers, even if they did understand the original question. I want to keep things as equitable as possible.

Here's a thought... what if I wipe out all the answers to the original question about ticket prices and replace them with the answers given for challenge 7? The intent stays the same, but the average number then becomes a moving target until all answers are recorded. And hopefully any confusion will have been removed by this discussion.

Any thoughts?

For the time being everyone can assume there is no formal deadline for challenge 7 until this gets resolved. And if it does change, I'll allow those who have already submitted an answer the opportunity to revise it if they wish.

I took Oilersnut's question as asking whether answers to challenge 7, already submitted, can be changed.

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 16:15 

Sand$: 6354
Donate
ne.gif
DropkickFluties wrote:

Me and griff suck at this game.. our strategy is gonna suck no matter what we do
:lol: :( :oops:

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 19:16 
Honorary Megalodon

Sand$: 14102
Donate
sf.gif
I say leave it as it is. Just as in all of the other challenges once you submit your reply that is it. I say it for the following reasons, (yes I know they are all selfish ones)

1. allowing people to change their already answers will delay the game. and right now I am alone with cbob. :D

2. Men dont read what ya write they interpret in their mind what ya mean. It isnt a misunderstanding it is just the way their brains work. Trust me I know. ;)

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 20:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
sf.gif
dedela wrote:
I say leave it as it is. Just as in all of the other challenges once you submit your reply that is it. I say it for the following reasons, (yes I know they are all selfish ones)

1. allowing people to change their already answers will delay the game. and right now I am alone with cbob. :D

2. Men dont read what ya write they interpret in their mind what ya mean. It isnt a misunderstanding it is just the way their brains work. Trust me I know. ;)

Sounds exactly like the wife.

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 20:44 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18234
Donate
hou2.gif
dmcduke wrote:
dedela wrote:

Everybody has their own version of selective interpretation :lol:

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 20:55 
Honorary Megalodon

Donate
sf.gif
dmcduke wrote:
dedela wrote:

obviously a VERY smart woman.

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 21:00 
Honorary Megalodon

Donate
sf.gif
OilersNut wrote:
dmcduke wrote:
dedela wrote:

no its called being married too long. :D

PostPosted: Sat 03.10.2012, 21:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
sf.gif
dedela wrote:
OilersNut wrote:
dmcduke wrote:
dedela wrote:

no its called being married too long. :D

It'll be 28 years in November. Is it time to trade her in?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 541 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 37  Next