Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 8,979.23
He'll likely blow it on Energon cubes but regardless, All Hail Megatron!

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4153/calvin-johnson

Lions signed Calvin Johnson to a seven-year, $132 million extension through the 2019 season.
Megatron is on a plane headed to Detroit for the 1:00 p.m. press conference. Johnson's $18.86 million per season and a record-breaking $60 million guaranteed top Larry Fitzgerald's $16 million per and $50 million guaranteed respectively, making him easily the highest-paid player in the NFL, regardless of position. The long-term contract also frees up cap space for the Lions, perhaps enabling a Stephen Tulloch signing. More importantly, Detroit has locked in the game's most dominant skill-position talent. From a fantasy perspective, the deal cements Johnson as the most valuable asset in Dynasty leagues while stabilizing Matthew Stafford as a top-five quarterback.

OAK 34 PIT 31
Great White Shark
Sand$: 41,125.50
Passing League

Megalodon
Sand$: 31,084.70
pass the tylenol.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 146,834.96
he wasn't going anywhere

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Megalodon
Sand$: 73,936.86
Veteran contracts are just going to go up and up and up. Hope the owners thought this out, because in 10 years they are going to be b1tching how they got the short end of the stick again.
Last edited by rugger48 on Wed 03.14.2012, 11:06, edited 3 times in total.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,828.16
If he can average it to $1 million per TD, that will be money well spent.
Megalodon
Sand$: 20,022.16
Wow WR's are paid like QB's now.

Me thinks the salary cap is a joke.

when Drew Brees stops crying and reads $60 million guaranteed. His demands are going to fly off the handle.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 12,282.12
badgasman9 wrote:Wow WR's are paid like QB's now.

when Drew Brees stops crying and reads $60 million guaranteed. His demands are going to fly off the handle.

You're in one thread wringing your hands because the Vikes didn't break the bank for Robert Freaking Meachum while you're witching about the salary cap in the Brees and Megatron threads: two of the best, most important to their team players in the league. Excuse the tortured sentence, but that's ridiculous.
Sand$: 719.69
Highest paid player in the NFL....for now
Sand$: 14,801.02
he deserves it....

2014 Sharktooth Champion. (Barring scoring changes)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,276.52
Lundy Love wrote:he deserves it....

I agree he should get paid; that seems excessive, and as stated earlier--the owners are going to be crying about this crap in 10 years.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 41,125.50
DELTA6TWO wrote:

I agree he should get paid; that seems excessive, and as stated earlier--the owners are going to be crying about this crap in 10 years.

Atleast their money is going toward established production and not potential (draft) now. Healthier option, imo.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,276.52
hankrip wrote:
DELTA6TWO wrote:

Atleast their money is going toward established production and not potential (draft) now. Healthier option, imo.

Good point.

Megalodon
Sand$: 20,022.16
Elmagister wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:Wow WR's are paid like QB's now.

You're in one thread wringing your hands because the Vikes didn't break the bank for Robert Freaking Meachum while you're witching about the salary cap in the Brees and Megatron threads: two of the best, most important to their team players in the league. Excuse the tortured sentence, but that's ridiculous.

4 years 25 mill is over payment? Meachum :lol: :lol: :lol: 60 mill guaranteed in the nfl is down right stupid. I hope it never happens but any given player is one hit away from retirement. paying 10 mill a year for a guy not on the field possibly is even dumber. At some point Elg the money will run out.

Megalodon
Sand$: 13.28

err..no