FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 04.19.2014, 18:20

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Classic Toys
PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 20:40 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 07.01.2005, 23:51
Posts: 21029
Sand$: 79578
Donate
Location: Not where I used to be...
stl.gif
JimHart wrote:
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
Any of you guys ever have "Big Jim" with the "karate chop"? I got him for my 6th birthday in 1972. He came with a plastic board that he would chop and it would break.

I'm your Huckleberry


This one?

Image


That's him. I think there were some other ones as well, like Big Jack who was the black one, an indian one whose name I can't remember, Chief Tanaka or something like that, plus some other ones. They had different costumes you could get for them as well. Football uniforms, military uniforms, etc.

I'm your Huckleberry

_________________
Image
Image

Grid Guru....Man of the People!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Toys
PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 20:52 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Wed 01.26.2005, 14:46
Posts: 20134
Sand$: 53852
Donate
Location: C/S, CO
ari.gif
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
JimHart wrote:
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
Any of you guys ever have "Big Jim" with the "karate chop"? I got him for my 6th birthday in 1972. He came with a plastic board that he would chop and it would break.

I'm your Huckleberry


This one?

Image


That's him. I think there were some other ones as well, like Big Jack who was the black one, an indian one whose name I can't remember, Chief Tanaka or something like that, plus some other ones. They had different costumes you could get for them as well. Football uniforms, military uniforms, etc.

I'm your Huckleberry


Yea, I think it was Mattel's attempt to "butch up" a Ken doll. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Toys
PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 21:08 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Wed 01.26.2005, 14:46
Posts: 20134
Sand$: 53852
Donate
Location: C/S, CO
ari.gif
Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Toys
PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 21:26 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sun 09.11.2005, 10:42
Posts: 35454
Sand$: 33345
Donate
Location: Rock Hill, SC
car.gif
JimHart wrote:
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
JimHart wrote:
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
Any of you guys ever have "Big Jim" with the "karate chop"? I got him for my 6th birthday in 1972. He came with a plastic board that he would chop and it would break.

I'm your Huckleberry


This one?

Image


That's him. I think there were some other ones as well, like Big Jack who was the black one, an indian one whose name I can't remember, Chief Tanaka or something like that, plus some other ones. They had different costumes you could get for them as well. Football uniforms, military uniforms, etc.

I'm your Huckleberry


Yea, I think it was Mattel's attempt to "butch up" a Ken doll. :lol:


That is one gay doll. I'm surprised Huck could stay straight playing with Big Jim.

_________________
34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

You're like the Michael Jordan of being a son of a beetch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Toys
PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 21:34 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sat 08.18.2007, 09:53
Posts: 6307
Sand$: 16909
Donate
Location: Michigan
atl.gif
Speaking of gay dolls, I didn't think this was when I was a kid but now when I look at it..... :-k

Image

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Toys
PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 22:04 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Mon 09.05.2005, 00:40
Posts: 4800
Sand$: 9105
Donate
Location: San Franpsycho
pwbowen wrote:
JimHart wrote:
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
JimHart wrote:
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
Any of you guys ever have "Big Jim" with the "karate chop"? I got him for my 6th birthday in 1972. He came with a plastic board that he would chop and it would break.

I'm your Huckleberry


This one?

Image


That's him. I think there were some other ones as well, like Big Jack who was the black one, an indian one whose name I can't remember, Chief Tanaka or something like that, plus some other ones. They had different costumes you could get for them as well. Football uniforms, military uniforms, etc.

I'm your Huckleberry


Yea, I think it was Mattel's attempt to "butch up" a Ken doll. :lol:


That is one gay doll. I'm surprised Huck could stay straight playing with Big Jim.


haahahaha

_________________
"If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Toys
PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 22:17 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Mon 03.19.2007, 13:56
Posts: 13538
Sand$: 48155
Donate
Location: The Vortex
nfllogo.gif
pwbowen wrote:
JimHart wrote:
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
JimHart wrote:
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
Any of you guys ever have "Big Jim" with the "karate chop"? I got him for my 6th birthday in 1972. He came with a plastic board that he would chop and it would break.



This one?

Image


That's him. I think there were some other ones as well, like Big Jack who was the black one, an indian one whose name I can't remember, Chief Tanaka or something like that, plus some other ones. They had different costumes you could get for them as well. Football uniforms, military uniforms, etc.

I'm your Huckleberry


Yea, I think it was Mattel's attempt to "butch up" a Ken doll. :lol:


That is one gay doll. I'm surprised Huck could stay straight playing with Big Jim.



And that kickout leg stance isn't helping Big Jim's reputation.

_________________
"They talk of democracy, freedom, fairness. Those are the creeds of cowards! The ones who would listen to a thousand view points and try to satisfy them all. Achievement comes through absolute power! And power through strength! They have lost!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Toys
PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 22:35 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Mon 09.05.2005, 00:40
Posts: 4800
Sand$: 9105
Donate
Location: San Franpsycho
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
I also loved army men and war sets.


No doubt. My guess is that most of us played in a similar fashion: you have your own set, your buddy has his. You split the bedroom in half, each kid sets his battalion up in "strategic" locations... then you take turns shooting a rubber band at each other's army until one side has all its soldiers decimated. Best game ever. Sniper guy and crawling-on-the-ground guy were annoying since you couldn't definitively knock them down.

Loved toy guns and simulated combat games with friends at the park (when I was older, like 10). I used to watch and love the reruns of Combat! - ...



Real television!

_________________
"If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Toys
PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 22:45 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Wed 10.26.2005, 14:02
Posts: 33108
Sand$: 14038
Donate
Location: Way down, below the ocean
chi.gif
Image

Pretty sure this was from the same company that made Johnny Seven....

_________________
The darkness must go
Down the river of night's dreaming
Flow morphia slow
Let the sun and light come streaming
Into my life, into my life


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Toys
PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 22:50 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Wed 08.18.2004, 21:06
Posts: 32995
Sand$: 6922
Donate
Location: location, location
oak.gif
MadLove wrote:
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
I also loved army men and war sets.


No doubt. My guess is that most of us played in a similar fashion: you have your own set, your buddy has his. You split the bedroom in half, each kid sets his battalion up in "strategic" locations... then you take turns shooting a rubber band at each other's army until one side has all its soldiers decimated. Best game ever. Sniper guy and crawling-on-the-ground guy were annoying since you couldn't definitively knock them down.




Substitute 'sandbox' for 'bedroom' and "bottle rockets" (or firecracker 'grenades') for 'rubber band' and yep - great game!

_________________
OAK 34 PIT 31


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Toys
PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 22:51 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Wed 10.26.2005, 14:02
Posts: 33108
Sand$: 14038
Donate
Location: Way down, below the ocean
chi.gif
This was fun for a while:

Image

_________________
The darkness must go
Down the river of night's dreaming
Flow morphia slow
Let the sun and light come streaming
Into my life, into my life


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Toys
PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 23:42 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sun 09.11.2005, 10:42
Posts: 35454
Sand$: 33345
Donate
Location: Rock Hill, SC
car.gif
Blzbba wrote:
MadLove wrote:
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
I also loved army men and war sets.


No doubt. My guess is that most of us played in a similar fashion: you have your own set, your buddy has his. You split the bedroom in half, each kid sets his battalion up in "strategic" locations... then you take turns shooting a rubber band at each other's army until one side has all its soldiers decimated. Best game ever. Sniper guy and crawling-on-the-ground guy were annoying since you couldn't definitively knock them down.




Substitute 'sandbox' for 'bedroom' and "bottle rockets" (or firecracker 'grenades') for 'rubber band' and yep - great game!


And we all hated the same ones: guy charging with gun with bayonete over head and radio dude.

Wasn't there a flame thrower guy?

_________________
34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

You're like the Michael Jordan of being a son of a beetch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Toys
PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 23:49 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 10.17.2009, 23:41
Posts: 11212
Sand$: 14722
Donate
Location: Texas
dal.gif
feral pig wrote:
This was fun for a while:

Image


Item J looks like the pubes Cartman bought from Scott Tenorman.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Toys
PostPosted: Thu 03.15.2012, 23:58 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Wed 08.18.2004, 21:06
Posts: 32995
Sand$: 6922
Donate
Location: location, location
oak.gif
pwbowen wrote:
Blzbba wrote:
MadLove wrote:
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
I also loved army men and war sets.


No doubt. My guess is that most of us played in a similar fashion: you have your own set, your buddy has his. You split the bedroom in half, each kid sets his battalion up in "strategic" locations... then you take turns shooting a rubber band at each other's army until one side has all its soldiers decimated. Best game ever. Sniper guy and crawling-on-the-ground guy were annoying since you couldn't definitively knock them down.




Substitute 'sandbox' for 'bedroom' and "bottle rockets" (or firecracker 'grenades') for 'rubber band' and yep - great game!


And we all hated the same ones: guy charging with gun with bayonete over head and radio dude.

Wasn't there a flame thrower guy?


agreed and yep. he had 2 little tanks on his back IIRC.

yep

_________________
OAK 34 PIT 31


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Toys
PostPosted: Fri 03.16.2012, 01:20 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Mon 09.05.2005, 00:40
Posts: 4800
Sand$: 9105
Donate
Location: San Franpsycho
Blzbba wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Blzbba wrote:
MadLove wrote:
imyourhuckleberry wrote:
I also loved army men and war sets.


No doubt. My guess is that most of us played in a similar fashion: you have your own set, your buddy has his. You split the bedroom in half, each kid sets his battalion up in "strategic" locations... then you take turns shooting a rubber band at each other's army until one side has all its soldiers decimated. Best game ever. Sniper guy and crawling-on-the-ground guy were annoying since you couldn't definitively knock them down.




Substitute 'sandbox' for 'bedroom' and "bottle rockets" (or firecracker 'grenades') for 'rubber band' and yep - great game!


And we all hated the same ones: guy charging with gun with bayonete over head and radio dude.

Wasn't there a flame thrower guy?


agreed and yep. he had 2 little tanks on his back IIRC.

yep


i think radio dude was a chick. always yapping on that two-way.

but flame thrower guy was badazz

Image

_________________
"If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Killa CAM CAN!!, RotoMoto and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group