Classic Toys

Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,249.64
scootm44 wrote:Speaking of gay dolls, I didn't think this was when I was a kid but now when I look at it..... :-k

was he called, "Penetrator"? My word... that's hysterical

ImageImageImageImageImage

pwbowen wrote:I apologize for being the wet fart.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,148.65
That is "Bulletman, the human bullet". I didn't have him, but I had Mike Powers, the GI Joe ripoff version of the bionic man.
Last edited by beerbarian on Fri 03.16.2012, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.

What women really want is security. I know because every time I approach a woman at a bar, that is what she starts screaming.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 1,171.00
Great White Shark
beerbarian wrote:That is "Bulletman, the human bullet". I didn't have him, but I had Mile Powers, the GI Joe ripoff version of the bionic man.

he looks like a dildo...

Megalodon
Sand$: 7,790.31
+
+
Great White Shark
elven wrote:Image
+
+

man, do you kill me.

:lol: :lol:

Megalodon
Sand$: 53,869.06
feral pig wrote:This was fun for a while:

Awesome! I remember both the game and the commercials for it. Great find FP.
Megalodon
feral pig wrote:Image

Pretty sure this was from the same company that made Johnny Seven....

Never owned one. Never saw one advertised. But now I want one! :D
Megalodon

Megalodon
Sand$: 88,256.80
MadLove wrote:
imyourhuckleberry wrote:I also loved army men and war sets.

No doubt. My guess is that most of us played in a similar fashion: you have your own set, your buddy has his. You split the bedroom in half, each kid sets his battalion up in "strategic" locations... then you take turns shooting a rubber band at each other's army until one side has all its soldiers decimated. Best game ever. Sniper guy and crawling-on-the-ground guy were annoying since you couldn't definitively knock them down.

Loved toy guns and simulated combat games with friends at the park (when I was older, like 10). I used to watch and love the reruns of Combat! - ...

Real television!

Yep that is what we did. I had a paper route, the san Jose Mercury News, so I always had big bags of rubberbands.

I'm your Huckleberry

Grid Guru....Man of the People!
Megalodon
Sand$: 88,256.80
One thing I used to love to do was get the "Wish Book" when it came in the mail each year and pick out all of the toys I wanted. For some of you younger guys the "Wish Book" was the Sears catalog that came out each year. It was about the size of a large phone book and had pictures and descriptions of just about anything you can imagine to buy in it. You would then mail order items out of it. There was always a very large section of it devoted to toys and that is where I would see most of the stuff I wanted for Christmas. I would mark the pages where the items I wanted were and then circle the items so my Mom could easily see what they were.

I'm not sure when they stopped printing and sending out the Sears catalog, anyone know?

I'm your Huckleberry

Grid Guru....Man of the People!
Megalodon
imyourhuckleberry wrote:One thing I used to love to do was get the "Wish Book" when it came in the mail each year and pick out all of the toys I wanted. For some of you younger guys the "Wish Book" was the Sears catalog that came out each year. It was about the size of a large phone book and had pictures and descriptions of just about anything you can imagine to buy in it. You would then mail order items out of it. There was always a very large section of it devoted to toys and that is where I would see most of the stuff I wanted for Christmas. I would mark the pages where the items I wanted were and then circle the items so my Mom could easily see what they were.

I'm not sure when they stopped printing and sending out the Sears catalog, anyone know?

I'm your Huckleberry

thats what i fapped to. the lingerie section of the sears catalog.
Honorary Megalodon
Sand$: 1,212.12
imyourhuckleberry wrote:One thing I used to love to do was get the "Wish Book" when it came in the mail each year and pick out all of the toys I wanted. For some of you younger guys the "Wish Book" was the Sears catalog that came out each year. It was about the size of a large phone book and had pictures and descriptions of just about anything you can imagine to buy in it. You would then mail order items out of it. There was always a very large section of it devoted to toys and that is where I would see most of the stuff I wanted for Christmas. I would mark the pages where the items I wanted were and then circle the items so my Mom could easily see what they were.

I'm your Huckleberry

According to their site:

Reflecting modern trends in retailing, the company decided to stop producing the general catalog in 1993. While Sears no longer issues the Big Book Catalog, the company continues offering many specialty catalogs including the Christmas Wish Book, and catalogs for tools, auto accessories, home improvements, clothing, and even Barbie collectibles. Today Sears is moving into the electronic age by offering Sears Direct services. This gives the customer the opportunity to order items through the Shop at Home catalog concept featuring an on-line Wish Book, and an on-line site for Craftsman tools and parts.

http://www.searsarchives.com/catalogs/history.htm

http://www.searsarchives.com/catalogs/history_wishbook.htm

FYI elven on the site they list where you can get copies of old catalogs. :D
Last edited by dedela on Fri 03.16.2012, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
Megalodon
If you really want a blast from the past Huck, check out this site. They have scanned in the entire contents for most of the "wish books" from Sears, Penneys and Wards. The prices alone give one pause. :shock:

http://www.wishbookweb.com/
Megalodon
dedela wrote:

I'm your Huckleberry

According to their site:

Reflecting modern trends in retailing, the company decided to stop producing the general catalog in 1993. While Sears no longer issues the Big Book Catalog, the company continues offering many specialty catalogs including the Christmas Wish Book, and catalogs for tools, auto accessories, home improvements, clothing, and even Barbie collectibles. Today Sears is moving into the electronic age by offering Sears Direct services. This gives the customer the opportunity to order items through the Shop at Home catalog concept featuring an on-line Wish Book, and an on-line site for Craftsman tools and parts.

http://www.searsarchives.com/catalogs/history.htm

http://www.searsarchives.com/catalogs/history_wishbook.htm

FYI elven on the site they list where you can get copies of old catalogs. :D

what makes you think i ever got rid of the old ones?