FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 08.20.2014, 11:32

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: '12 Pro Day chatter
PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 09:51 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 114880
Donate
min.gif
Just read some of the local morning news and through a few reports on yesterday's Wisconsin Pro Day.

Not much changing with the usual suspects from the Badgers.

- G/C Kevin Zietler solidified impressions. Bear's OC Mike Tice was center stage again so Bears fans make note. Team reps quoted: "Better over-all prospect than Moffit was last year".. "will be an 8-10yr starter".. "Beastly".. "Outstanding"..
- C Peter Konz is still rehabbing his ankle and didn't do much beside snap.
- WR Nick Toon posted better 40's than at Indy 4.48-.52 not sure if theres much difference in surfaces.. both field turf. **update official time was 4.43** ran 4.4-4.43
- QB Russel Wilson was the same old same old we've been hearing. Packer's GM Ted Thompson: ".. He's going to be a good get for somebody." Completed all but 3 of 65 attempts. ** official count was 60/63 completions- note: all good balls thrown** also - scouts measured him in at 5'11" on the dot "growth spurt I guess?" lol -- chatter of him moving up into the 2nd round from scouts--

Interesting small school standout:
A lot of attention for DIII WR Derek Carrier from Beloit College in Edgerton, WI. He turned heads. More than 24 teams/scouts hounded him afterward with film requests and questions.
- 6'3" 240lbs
- ran sub 4.5 40 (confirmed under 4.5 actual will come out as the day goes on)
- 10'2" broad jump/6.69 3-cone (2nd best # at the combine)
- Career 189rec/3,111yds/29tds career 10 game season vs 13? for DI and DII schools
- '11 season (10 games) posted 75rec/1250yd/12tds receiving - 6/39/2td rushing - w/ 2/2pt rec.
- 3 sport Athlete (football/hoops/track)

Likely an H-back/TE type if he get a shot with someone

[EDIT] edited some #'s with verified official times.

Last edited by birddog on Thu 03.08.2012, 15:05, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: '12 Pro Day chatter
PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 10:01 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 14965
Donate
For the pro-day lists:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=284503&

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 11:16 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
missed that jam.

hear anything on Mike Zweifel yet?.. Dubuque University y receiver? NCAA all divisions receptions leader. Local kid.. his father Stan (hes good people) took the HC job at Dubuque U. in '09 and Mike followed him there. All I've heard is that hes looking at a few pro-days this month yet.

Quote:
2011 (Senior):played in 11 games... caught 140 passes for 1915 yards and 25 touchdowns... led D3 in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns... set D3 record for catches in a season with 140... set NCAA (All-Divisions) Record with 463 career receptions... second All-Time in NCAA (All-Divisions) with 5979 yards receiving.. [yadda yadda]... Winner of Gagliardi Trophy (top student-athlete in Division 3)

Likely nothing to get excited about but interesting anyway.

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 11:41 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
birddog wrote:
missed that jam.

hear anything on Mike Zweifel yet?.. Dubuque University y receiver? NCAA all divisions receptions leader. Local kid.. his father Stan (hes good people) took the HC job at Dubuque U. in '09 and Mike followed him there. All I've heard is that hes looking at a few pro-days this month yet.

Quote:
2011 (Senior):played in 11 games... caught 140 passes for 1915 yards and 25 touchdowns... led D3 in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns... set D3 record for catches in a season with 140... set NCAA (All-Divisions) Record with 463 career receptions... second All-Time in NCAA (All-Divisions) with 5979 yards receiving.. [yadda yadda]... Winner of Gagliardi Trophy (top student-athlete in Division 3)

Nah, not saying it shouldve been posted there :) Youre talking about pro-day chatter, i just threw out the dates for thems that follows it :thumbright:

And Zweifel is someone ive heard of, but as you can imagine ive never seen hide nor hair of him before :D But then whats pro days are for!

There is some footage/ highlights of Dubuqe vs a couple of other colleges (Luther, Cornell and the fabulously named Wartburg amongst others) floating about on the interwebz.

His hands looked fine to me (which youd expect i guess w/record recs), but so hard to tell if hes running a good route or not because of the sideline camera angles & D3 comp. Or if hes finding soft coverage spots or if the coverage is just plain old soft! But that QB? He sells the worst fake hand-off ive seen this year just quickly skimming over the Luther blowout.

He could be a decent slot project for someone as a UDFA. Didnt see much though and what i say looked okay enough for people to take a look at him from the pros and thats all anyone can ask from a D3 college.

Heres to rooting for the underdogs though as we already know the "name" brands in this years draft :thumbright:

PostPosted: Thu 03.08.2012, 14:33 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
jamcutpost wrote:
birddog wrote:
missed that jam.

Quote:

Nah, not saying it shouldve been posted there :) Youre talking about pro-day chatter, i just threw out the dates for thems that follows it :thumbright:

And Zweifel is someone ive heard of, but as you can imagine ive never seen hide nor hair of him before :D But then whats pro days are for!

There is some footage/ highlights of Dubuqe vs a couple of other colleges (Luther, Cornell and the fabulously named Wartburg amongst others) floating about on the interwebz.

His hands looked fine to me (which youd expect i guess w/record recs), but so hard to tell if hes running a good route or not because of the sideline camera angles & D3 comp. Or if hes finding soft coverage spots or if the coverage is just plain old soft! But that QB? He sells the worst fake hand-off ive seen this year just quickly skimming over the Luther blowout.

He could be a decent slot project for someone as a UDFA. Didnt see much though and what i say looked okay enough for people to take a look at him from the pros and thats all anyone can ask from a D3 college.

Heres to rooting for the underdogs though as we already know the "name" brands in this years draft :thumbright:

thats about it..

Yea kid should get a look from someone but who knows. I'll keep an ear out on the work-outs.. fun following the small schoolers

PostPosted: Fri 03.16.2012, 16:15 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 38700
Donate
Vontaze Burfict bombs his Pro Day, too

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... o-day-too/

Quote:
Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict bombed the Combine. His interviews were described as disastrous, and his forty time and jumps were pathetic compared to the rest of the linebackers invited to Indianapolis.

So Burfict surely prepared and rebounded at his Pro Day, right?

Wrong.

According to SI.com draft analyst Tony Pauline, Burfict was “not good in position drills” at the Sun Devils’ Friday workout, and Pauline acknowledged that he’s “watering that down.” One scout told Pauline he “actually felt bad for [Burfict].”

Burfict managed only 16 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. With poor measurables and game tape, and suspect on- and off-the-field character, Burfict may struggle to be drafted at all in April.

PostPosted: Fri 03.16.2012, 16:27 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10871
Donate
gb.gif
birddog wrote:
- QB Russel Wilson was the same old same old we've been hearing. Packer's GM Ted Thompson: ".. He's going to be a good get for somebody." Completed all but 3 of 65 attempts. ** official count was 60/63 completions- note: all good balls thrown** also - scouts measured him in at 5'11" on the dot "growth spurt I guess?" lol -- chatter of him moving up into the 2nd round from scouts--

2nd is very generous.

His height will be his killer.

If he draft-day falls to the 4th-5th round, Denver could grab him for when Tebow falls flat on his face. Wilson can still run all the options they programmed into their offense... and he's a better passer to boot.

That said, they still need a real QB, but it could stall for another year when a real QB is on the board. They can round out the misfit bunch with Garrard :lol:

PostPosted: Sat 03.17.2012, 07:04 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
Okakpu aint even allowed into the pro day.

Marv Austin, Quinn & little all were last year - but Okakpu? [-X

From what i heard, serves him right, too

PostPosted: Sat 03.17.2012, 07:10 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33680
Donate
car.gif
jamcutpost wrote:

Just another quality Butch Davis individual that he surrounded himself with, as this was one of his first recruits.

What have you heard he did?

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Sat 03.17.2012, 07:29 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pwbowen wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:

Just another quality Butch Davis individual that he surrounded himself with, as this was one of his first recruits.

What have you heard he did?

Its a lot of little things and one potentially bigger but more nebulous thing

The car crash (he was the passenger, driver DUI and not licensed - tried to hide it) ... Failed to graduate ... then missed his d/line to reapply ... sideline argument with assistant coach.

Then theres the phrase used that relates (potentially) to another as yet unspecified incident which did get him kicked off the team "for conduct detrimental to the team".

Withers wouldnt say if it relates to the spat in miami or something else, but did say hes not holding any players to a higher code than they would ordinarily be.

Apparently the grades slipping (causing him not to graduate) all came AFTER the dismissal, so unlikely its his academic record that was the reference ("conduct detrimental ...").

For a college program that has a good history of producing good nfl players and trying to distance itself from the whole Butch thang, its a good move to do it over a guy who - in all honesty - is an SLB who might rank on someones board at LB in the top 50 - 75, somewhere. Just.

PostPosted: Sat 03.17.2012, 14:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 25423
Donate
cle.gif
Somebody is going to get a steal in Danny Trevethan from UK. You don't lead the SEC in tackles 2 years in a row without being a player. Think--Wesley Woodyard--- some guys are just football players, whether they fit the mold or not.

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 18:09 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 38700
Donate
Quote:
At Notre Dame’s Pro Day, Floyd put on a performance that firmly establishes him as the No. 2 receiver in this year’s NFL draft, just behind Oklahoma State’s Justin Blackmon. NFL Network’s Mike Mayock, who saw plenty of Floyd while calling Notre Dame games on NBC, liked what he saw on the field and liked what he saw at Notre Dame’s practice facility today.

“Michael Floyd, to me, had an excellent workout,” Mayock said on Path to the Draft. “What you get with Michael Floyd, you get a 6-foot-3, 220-pound wide receiver who gets tremendous breaks in and out. His explosion off the line of scrimmage is exceptional — I would compare it to Blackmon.”

Most projections have Blackmon off the board somewhere in the 3-6 range, and Mayock said he sees Floyd going shortly after that.

“I think the interest should start at No. 7 with Jacksonville, Miami at 8, Carolina at 9, Buffalo at 10,” Mayock said. “Seven through ten there has to be some interest, but in no event can I see him going past the Jets at 16.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-pro-day/

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 19:16 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33680
Donate
car.gif
R2000 wrote:
Quote:
At Notre Dame’s Pro Day, Floyd put on a performance that firmly establishes him as the No. 2 receiver in this year’s NFL draft, just behind Oklahoma State’s Justin Blackmon. NFL Network’s Mike Mayock, who saw plenty of Floyd while calling Notre Dame games on NBC, liked what he saw on the field and liked what he saw at Notre Dame’s practice facility today.

“Michael Floyd, to me, had an excellent workout,” Mayock said on Path to the Draft. “What you get with Michael Floyd, you get a 6-foot-3, 220-pound wide receiver who gets tremendous breaks in and out. His explosion off the line of scrimmage is exceptional — I would compare it to Blackmon.”

Most projections have Blackmon off the board somewhere in the 3-6 range, and Mayock said he sees Floyd going shortly after that.

“I think the interest should start at No. 7 with Jacksonville, Miami at 8, Carolina at 9, Buffalo at 10,” Mayock said. “Seven through ten there has to be some interest, but in no event can I see him going past the Jets at 16.”

FU Mayock. He better not come to Carolina at #9. Walk into traffic.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 19:18 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
pwbowen wrote:
R2000 wrote:
Quote:

FU Mayock. He better not come to Carolina at #9. Walk into traffic.
:lol: don't sugar coat it next time

Vikings are looking at the responsibilities of Alshon at #35 apparently

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 00:21 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 52222
Donate
chi.gif
According to NFL.com's Gil Brandt, Michael Floyd "made himself some money" at the Notre Dame Pro Day Tuesday.
Floyd caught passes from Jimmy Clausen, but stood on his Combine forty time of 4.47. Floyd did complete a short shuttle time of 4.5 seconds, which would have placed him last among participating wideouts in Indianapolis. His versatility to line up from multiple spots at the line will appeal to NFL teams, and Floyd has a legitimate shot of being the first receiver selected on April 26

From rotoworld.

Is that true? Is it a concern that he has the agility of a sloth?

According to Harvard, exactly 0 measurables matter when determining the potential NFL success of a college receiver. So maybe it's not an issue at all.

(Harvard report:http://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/does-the-nfl-combine-matter-offense/)