Just read some of the local morning news and through a few reports on yesterday's Wisconsin Pro Day.
Not much changing with the usual suspects from the Badgers.
- G/C Kevin Zietler solidified impressions. Bear's OC Mike Tice was center stage again so Bears fans make note. Team reps quoted: "Better over-all prospect than Moffit was last year".. "will be an 8-10yr starter".. "Beastly".. "Outstanding"..
- C Peter Konz is still rehabbing his ankle and didn't do much beside snap.
- WR Nick Toon posted better 40's than at Indy 4.48-.52 not sure if theres much difference in surfaces.. both field turf. **update official time was 4.43** ran 4.4-4.43
- QB Russel Wilson was the same old same old we've been hearing. Packer's GM Ted Thompson: ".. He's going to be a good get for somebody." Completed all but 3 of 65 attempts. ** official count was 60/63 completions- note: all good balls thrown** also - scouts measured him in at 5'11" on the dot "growth spurt I guess?" lol -- chatter of him moving up into the 2nd round from scouts--
Interesting small school standout:
A lot of attention for DIII WR Derek Carrier from Beloit College in Edgerton, WI. He turned heads. More than 24 teams/scouts hounded him afterward with film requests and questions.
- 6'3" 240lbs
- ran sub 4.5 40 (confirmed under 4.5 actual will come out as the day goes on)
- 10'2" broad jump/6.69 3-cone (2nd best # at the combine)
- Career 189rec/3,111yds/29tds career 10 game season vs 13? for DI and DII schools
- '11 season (10 games) posted 75rec/1250yd/12tds receiving - 6/39/2td rushing - w/ 2/2pt rec.
- 3 sport Athlete (football/hoops/track)
Likely an H-back/TE type if he get a shot with someone
[EDIT] edited some #'s with verified official times.