FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 12.19.2014, 21:17

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Mock Draft time!
PostPosted: Thu 03.22.2012, 12:45 

Sand$: 101592
Donate
KeKeKe Zergling Rush wrote:
Blackmon @ 4 to the Browns seems unlikely because the Browns don't draft WR's that high. They passed on a better WR prospect last year in Julio Jones.

We passed on Julio because we had too many holes elsewhere. Now that most are filled on defense the focus shifts to the offense. Since Heckert's as apprehensive about RB's early as he is WR I don't think Richardson is any better of a bet than Blackmon, but ultimately the pick is probably going to be one or the other.

I see an angle in which we go Claiborne at the top then add a WR + RB with picks 22 and 36, but passing on the play makers at the top is a borderline reckless gamble for such an awful offense. It telegraphs what we're going to do the rest of the way, so if teams covet offensive skill position players they know they have to get in front of us. We'll have to trade up and sacrifice picks to ensure those guys. I don't like that and have to think that issue has been discussed in Berea.

In the end, I think we have to go either Richardson or Blackmon at 4.

PostPosted: Thu 03.22.2012, 12:49 

Sand$: 48218
Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
1.24 24. Pittsburgh – Luke Kuechly.

Kuechly is the guy that I think should be on the Jets, they pass, and he somehow he gets drafted by the Patriots.

Happens every year. That's my call.

PostPosted: Thu 03.22.2012, 12:50 

Sand$: 48218
Donate
nyj.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Blackmon @ 4 to the Browns seems unlikely because the Browns don't draft WR's that high. They passed on a better WR prospect last year in Julio Jones.

We passed on Julio because we had too many holes elsewhere. Now that most are filled on defense the focus shifts to the offense. Since Heckert's as apprehensive about RB's early as he is WR I don't think Richardson is any better of a bet than Blackmon, but ultimately the pick is probably going to be one or the other.

I see an angle in which we go Claiborne at the top then add a WR + RB with picks 22 and 36, but passing on the play makers at the top is a borderline reckless gamble for such an awful offense. It telegraphs what we're going to do the rest of the way, so if teams covet offensive skill position players they know they have to get in front of us. We'll have to trade up and sacrifice picks to ensure those guys. I don't like that and have to think that issue has been discussed in Berea.

I think the Browns will be trying like mad to trade down from 4. What do you think OAR? Or do you think they are more apt to stay put?

PostPosted: Thu 03.22.2012, 12:56 

Sand$: 101592
Donate
endzoneview wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

I think the Browns will be trying like mad to trade down from 4. What do you think OAR? Or do you think they are more apt to stay put?

Problem is since those are their two likely targets if they trade down past 6 they may not get either. STL likes Blackmon (although they still have that hole at tackle) and TB likes Richardson. If they were to trade down it'd be to someone wanting Tannehill or Claiborne, the latter of which I'm confident we like and the other has been linked to us. I guess if the price is high enough the trigger would be pulled, but I can't see us aggressively trying to trade down like we have recently. Won't put anything past this franchise though, I've given up on our coach and the front office is on my last nerve.

PostPosted: Thu 03.22.2012, 13:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17046
Donate
jax.gif
Looks good.

I think in that scenario Claiborne would fall to the Jags. After signing Finnegan I think the Rams have way bigger needs on offense. Either they would trade back or draft Floyd or an O lineman.

PostPosted: Thu 03.22.2012, 15:15 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 34266
Donate
pit.gif
Janoris Jenkins in Cincinnati.. Seems too right. :lol: Good work overall.

2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 05:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10640
Donate
kc.gif
OarChambo wrote:
birddog wrote:
interesting spots for the DTs you guys.. I'm still confused on that group.

Premium position and a VERY weak crop leads to plenty of uncertainty in our opinions. In the end I wouldn't be happy if my team took a DT before the end of round 2.

That's why I'm certain that if he's there, and KC selects him (and they will) the selection of Poe will illicit a nauseated response from me

Just another of a long line of high pick, under-achieving defensive linemen for the Chiefs

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 07:30 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55986
Donate
chi.gif
10ball wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
birddog wrote:
interesting spots for the DTs you guys.. I'm still confused on that group.

Premium position and a VERY weak crop leads to plenty of uncertainty in our opinions. In the end I wouldn't be happy if my team took a DT before the end of round 2.

That's why I'm certain that if he's there, and KC selects him (and they will) the selection of Poe will illicit a nauseated response from me

Just another of a long line of high pick, under-achieving defensive linemen for the Chiefs

Pioli's kryptonite.

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 08:44 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 38852
Donate
car.gif
Not a big fan of the Carolina pick, Coples just screams bust to me.

I think the pick is still Devon Still but I agree the DT crop looks to be a group empty of elite talent.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 09:24 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5506
Donate
car.gif
pwbowen wrote:

I think the pick is still Devon Still but I agree the DT crop looks to be a group empty of elite talent.
agreed on coples. i love the talent. i love the potential. i fear the motor and motivation.

i agree that there isn't really "elite" DT talent in this draft, but it's still a very good and deep class. i think still is about the 3rd, maybe 4th best DT in this class, though. cox is the best in the group, imo. i think still might be a bit more polished than poe or brockers, but i don't think that he's got near the upside or room for growth that those two have.

one thing i would be keeping an eye on is that the panthers are really liking kuechly and as much as they like thomas davis, they don't seem to have tons of confidence that he will be back to what he was or that he will last long if he can make a solid return. also, beason is coming back from an achilles injury and those things are tough to come back 100% from. they could very well be looking at those two guys and thinking that a talent like keuchly (imo, a top 3 defensive talent in this draft) is just too much to pass by.

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 10:42 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 38852
Donate
car.gif
raynman wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

agreed on coples. i love the talent. i love the potential. i fear the motor and motivation.

i agree that there isn't really "elite" DT talent in this draft, but it's still a very good and deep class. i think still is about the 3rd, maybe 4th best DT in this class, though. cox is the best in the group, imo. i think still might be a bit more polished than poe or brockers, but i don't think that he's got near the upside or room for growth that those two have.

one thing i would be keeping an eye on is that the panthers are really liking kuechly and as much as they like thomas davis, they don't seem to have tons of confidence that he will be back to what he was or that he will last long if he can make a solid return. also, beason is coming back from an achilles injury and those things are tough to come back 100% from. they could very well be looking at those two guys and thinking that a talent like keuchly (imo, a top 3 defensive talent in this draft) is just too much to pass by.

Panthers really need someone to drop so they can trade back. For them, I don't have any concern about picking at 18 or 20 as at 10.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 10:46 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5506
Donate
car.gif
pwbowen wrote:
raynman wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

Panthers really need someone to drop so they can trade back. For them, I don't have any concern about picking at 18 or 20 as at 10.

yeah, i'm really hoping that we get a trading partner to help up trade back and pick up either another first or at least another 2nd or a 3rd. there's not really any realistic possibilities at 9 that i wouldn't pass by to drop back a bit and pick up another early pick.

the drop off in talent isn't that severe moving back even 10-12 spots in positions we need help in if there isn't a claiborne or kalil available.

i think this is a really nice draft for several positions (CB, WR, DT, and OG) so it would be great if we could position ourselves to take advantage of as many of those as possible.

PostPosted: Sat 03.24.2012, 15:31 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1948
Donate
car.gif
I just hope Carolina doesn't do anything dumb. Gambling on an athletic talent like Poe would be okay with me, even if he does have a ton of bust factor. Its worth taking a gamble on a guy like that IMO. Same with Coples. First round picks don't have nearly as much financial risk associated with them now, so I say swing for the fences. Too bad Marty Hurney just about never takes risks (except when it comes to giving huge contracts to Williams, Davis, Mare, ect.).

As far as trading down, who would jump up to our spot? We pick after most of the big QB needy teams, and unless there's a run on defensive ends, there's not much reason to move up to our spot.

The dream scenario would be Claiborne dropping to us IMO. But as long as they don't puss out and select some boring "safe" pick at a non premium position, I'll be happy. Pass defenders & pass rushers are all I want from this draft, and I'll be happy with Poe, Coples, Ingram, or Claiborne.

PostPosted: Sat 03.24.2012, 16:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13580
Donate
sea.gif
Well done.

I do hope if the Hawks are targeting Perry that they do everything they can to trade down. I'd be perfectly fine with them taking Upshaw also, or really any of the other top pass rushers available. Any pass rusher they draft will be taking snaps at OLB on running downs and lining up at DE on passing downs, replacing Big Red on the line on those snaps, so I do have reservations about Upshaw and his abilities to play in coverage.

PostPosted: Sun 03.25.2012, 18:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 46082
Donate
phi.gif
OarChambo wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:
Deny it all you want Oar, but Tannehill's going at #4. 8)

If he's a Brown it won't be at 4.

I dont know how you can justify a top 10 pick on this guy with just over 1 year as a college qb, I would rather take a more proven player that high over a still relatively raw qb prospect who player more as a wr then he did as a QB... Just my 2 cents..

twitter @nicdolas