Deron Williams traded

Post Reply  
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24704
Joined: Wed Dec 7, 2005
Sand$: 31,187.28
endzoneview wrote:
SnakeStabler wrote:Williams didn't sound too thrilled to be in Jersey in his press conference :roll: :lol:


No one is ever thrilled to be in Jersey


neither did Jason Kidd when he first got here. remember how that turned out :wink:
_______________________________________

User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6043
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006
Sand$: 6,809.14
he's coming from Utah, so I'm guessing New Jersey couldn't be that much worse
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 67351
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 303,798.71
jetsman2806 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
SnakeStabler wrote:Williams didn't sound too thrilled to be in Jersey in his press conference :roll: :lol:


No one is ever thrilled to be in Jersey


neither did Jason Kidd when he first got here. remember how that turned out :wink:


I flew to phily airport last night so on my drive home i was listening to the game and they mentioned that same exact thing....how he is very similar to kidd and that kidd didnt want to be there at first either.

i really hope they keep him, bring in another player and dow well with their picks.
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24704
Joined: Wed Dec 7, 2005
Sand$: 31,187.28
Budmonsan wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
SnakeStabler wrote:Williams didn't sound too thrilled to be in Jersey in his press conference :roll: :lol:


No one is ever thrilled to be in Jersey


neither did Jason Kidd when he first got here. remember how that turned out :wink:


I flew to phily airport last night so on my drive home i was listening to the game and they mentioned that same exact thing....how he is very similar to kidd and that kidd didnt want to be there at first either.

i really hope they keep him, bring in another player and dow well with their picks.


yea if i remember correctly he threatened to not report at first.
_______________________________________

User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 45355
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 42,811.96
Watched in person as Williams dropped 57 on the Bobcats last night. Inside, outside, everywhere.

Also had about 8 assists and probably another 6 times that with a beautiful pass he put a guy in position to lay it in and got fouled. Basically, he accounted for about 85% of the total offense of the Nets.

Absolutely amazing and I'd take him over Chris Paul at point.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 35095
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 4,079.23
Damn you PW, my heart stopped when I clicked this forum.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 45355
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 42,811.96
endzoneview wrote:Damn you PW, my heart stopped when I clicked this forum.


:lol:

It's been sorta funny to me that there's no discussion about Williams getting moved since he hasn't signed an extension.

Lakers need a PG, not Dwight Howard. I don't suppose tho that they have anywhere enough to offer.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 67351
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 303,798.71
pwbowen wrote:
endzoneview wrote:Damn you PW, my heart stopped when I clicked this forum.


:lol:

It's been sorta funny to me that there's no discussion about Williams getting moved since he hasn't signed an extension.

Lakers need a PG, not Dwight Howard. I don't suppose tho that they have anywhere enough to offer.


Prolly cuz nj is still holding out hope of landing Howard....

Sadly, I think Williams will be gone!
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 45355
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 42,811.96
Budmonsan wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
endzoneview wrote:Damn you PW, my heart stopped when I clicked this forum.


:lol:

It's been sorta funny to me that there's no discussion about Williams getting moved since he hasn't signed an extension.

Lakers need a PG, not Dwight Howard. I don't suppose tho that they have anywhere enough to offer.


Prolly cuz nj is still holding out hope of landing Howard....

Sadly, I think Williams will be gone!


From what I've seen Williams will absolutely opt out at the end of the year. Without any chance at Howard the speculation now is that he'll head home to Texas and sign with his hometown Mavericks. Oh, and pay no state income tax either.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 67351
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 303,798.71
In heard about mavs...

If so, Cuban will go nuts!
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 45355
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 42,811.96
Budmonsan wrote:In heard about mavs...

If so, Cuban will go nuts!


It's a guard driven league, it would be a great move by the Mavs.

Not bad, Jason Kidd to Deron Williams hand-off.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 67351
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 303,798.71
pwbowen wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:In heard about mavs...

If so, Cuban will go nuts!


It's a guard driven league, it would be a great move by the Mavs.

Not bad, Jason Kidd to Deron Williams hand-off.


I gotta say, I've always admired Dallas. Until last yr they just couldn't get it done, but I like how they conduct business and always seem to be competitive.
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
Chum
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 5, 2012
Sand$: 2.00
The plan for the Mavs was to get Williams AND Howard.

It's almost a gimme that Mavs will get Williams in the off season and begin to rebuild again. If they do well you can see Dwight ditching Magic (finally!). Magic would be very wise to trade Howard and get something for him.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 45355
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 42,811.96
waterplay wrote:The plan for the Mavs was to get Williams AND Howard.

It's almost a gimme that Mavs will get Williams in the off season and begin to rebuild again. If they do well you can see Dwight ditching Magic (finally!). Magic would be very wise to trade Howard and get something for him.


Howard has really managed to make himself look like a 7 foot tall beyotch IMO. I think the chick from Baylor might just beat his azz.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18701
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 70,934.34
waterplay wrote:The plan for the Mavs was to get Williams AND Howard.

It's almost a gimme that Mavs will get Williams in the off season and begin to rebuild again. If they do well you can see Dwight ditching Magic (finally!). Magic would be very wise to trade Howard and get something for him.



I dont think its a gimme, williams opting out doesnt necessarily mean hes leaving, because he can make up to 20 million more if he resigns with New Jersey, no other team can match the Nets.

as far as Howard I think he wants to give the magic one more chance to bring in some good talent to compete.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests