FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.24.2014, 08:28

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 541 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Wed 03.21.2012, 20:24 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25278
Donate
I'm a fan of this challenge. I probably won't be by the end of round 3 though.

PostPosted: Wed 03.21.2012, 20:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18852
Donate
Location: Somewhere between the Principality of Sealand and Migrate, KY
ne.gif
Just finished my one and only baseball draft for the upcoming season. Totally sucked. Put like 30 minutes into prep. We'll see how "intuitive" my late round picks turn out to be.

Anyway, update... 15 replies received for round 1 of challenge 10. 11 to go.

Round 1 is really just to get everyone acquainted with the nuances.
Rounds 2 and 3 will be more interesting, depending on the strategies employed. It's complicated enough that I'll be updating the point totals manually instead of with formulas... it would take more time to try and come up with a spreadsheet model than to just edit them myself, and I don't have time to learn how to talk with the Google API through python.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu 03.22.2012, 07:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6804
Donate
mia.gif
und2006 wrote:
DropkickFluties wrote:
StoneCutter wrote:
I'm not saying this because I'm in second place, but I'm not seeing how this is much different than the chapter 6 bonus targeted penalty and not wanting to penalize someone for making good choices. Maybe I'm just not seeing the big picture.

The chapter 6 penalty target had no chance to avoid or mitigate the penalty. It was completely unilateral and why it was done away with. While the swap here is unilateral in the sense that the bump recipient can not stop it from happening, there are ways (with some risk) to start out near the top and still end up near the top, depending on how well you can anticipate the answers and behavior of your fellow participants. There is madness to the method...

It is also impossible to successfully gang up on the leaders in this for collective gain.

There is also nothing to gain for the leader whatsoever in this "challenge". I agree with O-Nut here... not a fan of this challenge.

Approves of this challenge!

I like my coffee like I like my women...without a penis.

PostPosted: Thu 03.22.2012, 11:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
Update: 19 replies received for round 1 of challenge 10. 7 to go. (c2o, Elmagister, endzoneview, OilersNut, SonOfDad, Third and Long, und2006)

I'll solicit proxy answers for any nonresponders starting around noon (EST) on Friday so I can hopefully post the results of round 1 and leave you all with round 2 on deck.

PostPosted: Thu 03.22.2012, 12:21 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13894
Donate
atl.gif
und2006 wrote:
DropkickFluties wrote:
StoneCutter wrote:
I'm not saying this because I'm in second place, but I'm not seeing how this is much different than the chapter 6 bonus targeted penalty and not wanting to penalize someone for making good choices. Maybe I'm just not seeing the big picture.

The chapter 6 penalty target had no chance to avoid or mitigate the penalty. It was completely unilateral and why it was done away with. While the swap here is unilateral in the sense that the bump recipient can not stop it from happening, there are ways (with some risk) to start out near the top and still end up near the top, depending on how well you can anticipate the answers and behavior of your fellow participants. There is madness to the method...

It is also impossible to successfully gang up on the leaders in this for collective gain.

There is also nothing to gain for the leader whatsoever in this "challenge". I agree with O-Nut here... not a fan of this challenge.

Use it wisely!

PostPosted: Thu 03.22.2012, 15:43 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 7425
Donate
gb.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
und2006 wrote:
DropkickFluties wrote:
StoneCutter wrote:

Use it wisely!

Legends of the hidden temple ftw.

I remember that show fondly.

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 06:29 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
3 replies to go for challenge 10, round 1. And if anybody wants to revise their round 1 answers based upon the sand prize distribution listed in the game thread now, they have until noon today. Bear in mind those prizes are only given out based upon the standings after round 3 is complete.

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 17:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
Barring a miracle in the next couple of hours, looks like round 1 results are not going to be posted for awhile. I can't accept proxy replies for the tie-breaker, so hopefully the final 3 will get complete and correct answers in by the time I get back. (it also complicates things that 2 of the final 3 have the same proxy person selected) I'll check back in around 8 or 8:30, but that will be the last of my internet access for a week.

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 17:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17384
Donate
hou2.gif
DropkickFluties wrote:
Barring a miracle in the next couple of hours, looks like round 1 results are not going to be posted for awhile. I can't accept proxy replies for the tie-breaker, so hopefully the final 3 will get complete and correct answers in by the time I get back. (it also complicates things that 2 of the final 3 have the same proxy person selected) I'll check back in around 8 or 8:30, but that will be the last of my internet access for a week.

No worries - still lots of offseason to go 8)

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 18:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 53927
Donate
sf.gif
DropkickFluties wrote:

If I missed it, I apologize but where are you going for vacation?

Have a great time. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Sat 03.24.2012, 03:57 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
dmcduke wrote:
DropkickFluties wrote:

Sneaking in for a sec before we head to the airport to catch a flight to a place billed as the happiest place on earth even though it's populated with snot-nosed crying brats, mammoth cows riding in scooters because they're too lazy to walk, and food prices that would wipe out most 3rd world country populations. It is going to be glorious!

PostPosted: Sat 03.24.2012, 06:51 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 53927
Donate
sf.gif
DropkickFluties wrote:
dmcduke wrote:
DropkickFluties wrote:

Sneaking in for a sec before we head to the airport to catch a flight to a place billed as the happiest place on earth even though it's populated with snot-nosed crying brats, mammoth cows riding in scooters because they're too lazy to walk, and food prices that would wipe out most 3rd world country populations. It is going to be glorious!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Been there, done that. Twice :shock:

PostPosted: Mon 03.26.2012, 15:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3043
Donate
nyg.gif
und2006 wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
und2006 wrote:
DropkickFluties wrote:
StoneCutter wrote:

Use it wisely!

Legends of the hidden temple ftw.

I remember that show fondly.

Blue Barracudas all the way!

PostPosted: Sat 03.31.2012, 08:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
All right, I'm back. Will be off my feet most of the weekend I hope, and catching up on a week's worth of missed internet.

Challenge 10, round 1 still needs replies from SonOfDad and und2006. I'll be sending them PM's right after this post. Really don't want to do proxies because the tiebreaker answer is still needed. But I'll allow their proxies to answer for them on Monday at some point if I haven't heard back.

PostPosted: Sat 03.31.2012, 08:58 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 19528
Donate
atl.gif
Welcome back! Hope that big frackin rat was good to everyone

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 541 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 37  Next