FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 07.26.2014, 08:10

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Another Carolina RB?
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 09:40 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 03.28.2008, 14:43
Posts: 16015
Sand$: 16526
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
What ever the way you lean you can't deny that GB has zero ability to produce a game breaking RB. Or a competent rb. or even a guy you could call an RB. Grant was a product of the giants. Ahman Green would be the last RB GB has eva had.
Despite Tina Turners ability to draft he'd be better off trading for a RB at this point.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another Carolina RB?
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 09:48 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 11.12.2004, 09:36
Posts: 7690
Sand$: 7667
Donate
jax.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
What ever the way you lean you can't deny that GB has zero ability to produce a game breaking RB. Or a competent rb. or even a guy you could call an RB. Grant was a product of the giants. Ahman Green would be the last RB GB has eva had.
Despite Tina Turners ability to draft he'd be better off trading for a RB at this point.



As long as A.Rodgers is in GB, they just need a warm body at RB..preferably one that is a plus pass blocker and decent pass catcher.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another Carolina RB?
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 09:51 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 03.28.2008, 14:43
Posts: 16015
Sand$: 16526
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
hankrip wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
What ever the way you lean you can't deny that GB has zero ability to produce a game breaking RB. Or a competent rb. or even a guy you could call an RB. Grant was a product of the giants. Ahman Green would be the last RB GB has eva had.
Despite Tina Turners ability to draft he'd be better off trading for a RB at this point.



As long as A.Rodgers is in GB, they just need a warm body at RB..preferably one that is a plus pass blocker and decent pass catcher.


No. you need a guy that can set up 2-4 or 3-2. You don't need a game breaker but you need someone who can set up the offense for short yardage. Passing every down is a great way to shorten your franchise QB's arm by 3-5 years. Just ask Manning.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another Carolina RB?
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 09:53 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 11.12.2004, 09:36
Posts: 7690
Sand$: 7667
Donate
jax.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
hankrip wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
What ever the way you lean you can't deny that GB has zero ability to produce a game breaking RB. Or a competent rb. or even a guy you could call an RB. Grant was a product of the giants. Ahman Green would be the last RB GB has eva had.
Despite Tina Turners ability to draft he'd be better off trading for a RB at this point.



As long as A.Rodgers is in GB, they just need a warm body at RB..preferably one that is a plus pass blocker and decent pass catcher.


No. you need a guy that can set up 2-4 or 3-2. You don't need a game breaker but you need someone who can set up the offense for short yardage. Passing every down is a great way to shorten your franchise QB's arm by 3-5 years. Just ask Manning.



You mean ask Peyton Manning who never missed a game in 14 years or Eli who hasn't missed a game since ever?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another Carolina RB?
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 09:53 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 05.16.2009, 09:57
Posts: 26681
Sand$: 31373
Donate
Location: Arkansas
mia.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
hankrip wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
What ever the way you lean you can't deny that GB has zero ability to produce a game breaking RB. Or a competent rb. or even a guy you could call an RB. Grant was a product of the giants. Ahman Green would be the last RB GB has eva had.
Despite Tina Turners ability to draft he'd be better off trading for a RB at this point.



As long as A.Rodgers is in GB, they just need a warm body at RB..preferably one that is a plus pass blocker and decent pass catcher.


No. you need a guy that can set up 2-4 or 3-2. You don't need a game breaker but you need someone who can set up the offense for short yardage. Passing every down is a great way to shorten your franchise QB's arm by 3-5 years. Just ask Manning.


Manning is still playing at age 36.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another Carolina RB?
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 10:00 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 03.28.2008, 14:43
Posts: 16015
Sand$: 16526
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Elmagister wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
hankrip wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
What ever the way you lean you can't deny that GB has zero ability to produce a game breaking RB. Or a competent rb. or even a guy you could call an RB. Grant was a product of the giants. Ahman Green would be the last RB GB has eva had.
Despite Tina Turners ability to draft he'd be better off trading for a RB at this point.



As long as A.Rodgers is in GB, they just need a warm body at RB..preferably one that is a plus pass blocker and decent pass catcher.


No. you need a guy that can set up 2-4 or 3-2. You don't need a game breaker but you need someone who can set up the offense for short yardage. Passing every down is a great way to shorten your franchise QB's arm by 3-5 years. Just ask Manning.


Manning is still playing at age 36.


with a robotic neck. You can't deny when a defense feels your rushing game posses zero threat its time to bull rush the QB. Maybe even throw someone 5k to knock him out of the game.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another Carolina RB?
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 10:02 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 11.12.2004, 09:36
Posts: 7690
Sand$: 7667
Donate
jax.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
with a robotic neck. You can't deny when a defense feels your rushing game posses zero threat its time to bull rush the QB. Maybe even throw someone 5k to knock him out of the game.



QB's who take too many hits (which P Manning is not one of) is usually because they anticpate poorly and hold ball too long.. not b/c their running game is substandard.

Rodgers takes a lot more hits than Peyton because he holds the ball longer. They both have had avg RBs for most their careers.

_________________
Image


Last edited by hankrip on Tue 03.27.2012, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another Carolina RB?
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 10:02 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 05.16.2009, 09:57
Posts: 26681
Sand$: 31373
Donate
Location: Arkansas
mia.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
hankrip wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
What ever the way you lean you can't deny that GB has zero ability to produce a game breaking RB. Or a competent rb. or even a guy you could call an RB. Grant was a product of the giants. Ahman Green would be the last RB GB has eva had.
Despite Tina Turners ability to draft he'd be better off trading for a RB at this point.



As long as A.Rodgers is in GB, they just need a warm body at RB..preferably one that is a plus pass blocker and decent pass catcher.


No. you need a guy that can set up 2-4 or 3-2. You don't need a game breaker but you need someone who can set up the offense for short yardage. Passing every down is a great way to shorten your franchise QB's arm by 3-5 years. Just ask Manning.


Manning is still playing at age 36.


with a robotic neck. You can't deny when a defense feels your rushing game posses zero threat its time to bull rush the QB. Maybe even throw someone 5k to knock him out of the game.


And as Hankrip said...Manning didn't miss a game in 14 years until he suffered a set-back in rehabbing an injury while he wasn't allowed contact with team medical staff because of the lockout.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another Carolina RB?
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 10:04 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 03.28.2008, 14:43
Posts: 16015
Sand$: 16526
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Elmagister wrote:

And as Hankrip said...Manning didn't miss a game in 14 years until he suffered a set-back in rehabbing an injury while he wasn't allowed contact with team medical staff because of the lockout.


then we will return to the original statement.

Passing every down is a great way to shorten your franchise QB's arm by 3-5 years

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another Carolina RB?
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 10:08 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 05.16.2009, 09:57
Posts: 26681
Sand$: 31373
Donate
Location: Arkansas
mia.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

And as Hankrip said...Manning didn't miss a game in 14 years until he suffered a set-back in rehabbing an injury while he wasn't allowed contact with team medical staff because of the lockout.


then we will return to the original statement.

Passing every down is a great way to shorten your franchise QB's arm by 3-5 years


Except that you're wrong. The Broncos just signed Caleb Hanie has Peyton's backup, so they must have liked what they saw when he threw for them. Or did you expect him to play until he was 45?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another Carolina RB?
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 10:12 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 11.12.2004, 09:36
Posts: 7690
Sand$: 7667
Donate
jax.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

And as Hankrip said...Manning didn't miss a game in 14 years until he suffered a set-back in rehabbing an injury while he wasn't allowed contact with team medical staff because of the lockout.


then we will return to the original statement.

Passing every down is a great way to shorten your franchise QB's arm by 3-5 years


You can pass every down (practically) in today's NFL, as long as you don't hold the ball too long or try to extend plays excessively.

When scheme, QB anticipation, and WR's ability to get seperation all are in synch, you can pass a ton and be successful nowadays.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another Carolina RB?
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 11:20 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 03.28.2008, 14:43
Posts: 16015
Sand$: 16526
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
hankrip wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

And as Hankrip said...Manning didn't miss a game in 14 years until he suffered a set-back in rehabbing an injury while he wasn't allowed contact with team medical staff because of the lockout.


then we will return to the original statement.

Passing every down is a great way to shorten your franchise QB's arm by 3-5 years


You can pass every down (practically) in today's NFL, as long as you don't hold the ball too long or try to extend plays excessively.

When scheme, QB anticipation, and WR's ability to get seperation all are in synch, you can pass a ton and be successful nowadays.


I'm not buying it. The guy who mows his lawn daily compared to the guy who mows his lawn weekly. I think the daily lawn mower can expect his mower to break down sooner then the weekly mower.

i am not saying you need a stud rb but you need an RB or a collective of RB's that keep a defense honest. Jason Campbell is proof of what a good RB can do for a QB. When McFadden was tearing up the field Campbell looked to be the long term solution for the raiders. Once McFadden went down so did the raiders till Campbell himself went down. Matt Ryan with Turner as Turner struggled so did ryan. Eli struggled once Bradshaw and Jacobs went down. Once they were both healthy Eli look to be the better brother. T Jax behind AD at times looked like a legit QB. Ponder once AD went down looked like a rookie again. River has been struggling as there run game has also. Once Pitts run game fell apart so did big ben. Romo till Murray went apechit they were ready to lynch Romo in texas. Once Murry took off so did romo just missing the playoffs.

There is a correlation betwen a solid run game and QB performance. Even with Elite QB's.

Then last add the fact the defense will react to what the offense game plan is. If you run a balanced offense the defense must account for every player involved. You go with air QB the qb becomes the primary focus of the defense. Wear and tear.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another Carolina RB?
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 12:55 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 05.16.2009, 09:57
Posts: 26681
Sand$: 31373
Donate
Location: Arkansas
mia.gif
How can empirical evidence ever stand up the the lawnmower argument?

Go look up the league's passing leaders, and look at how long they played.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another Carolina RB?
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 13:02 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 11.12.2004, 09:36
Posts: 7690
Sand$: 7667
Donate
jax.gif
If this argument held water, Tebow would be able to play until 2051

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another Carolina RB?
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 13:24 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 09.01.2010, 22:00
Posts: 2865
Sand$: 14158
Donate
Location: Seattle, WA
sea.gif
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mister Destructo, prplhz14 and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group