FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 08.01.2014, 10:54

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535 ... 572  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon 03.19.2012, 22:32 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sun 11.11.2007, 08:55
Posts: 8615
Sand$: 32804
Donate
Location: University Park, Pennsylvania
phi.gif
Dingo wrote:
Rotowire wrote:
Brown (neck) took 25-30 swings in the batting cage Sunday, the Phillies' official site reports.

Spin: Brown is dealing with a stiff neck that may have been caused by his napping on a team bus during a road trip. The injury appears to be minor.

:F

Nothing like when Ken Griffey Jr. missed a game after his cup slipped and pinched a testicle.

Or when Steve Sparks dislocated his shoulder while trying to tear a phone book in half.

http://www.stevetheump.com/strange_injuries.htm

But then again, the Phillies are dropping like flies. If only steroids were legal again. :(

_________________
Image
2009 Deep Emerald Dynasty League Champion
2012 Gridiron Post Whore Keeper League Champion - '09 Runner-Up
2011 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion - '12 Runner-Up


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 03.20.2012, 17:46 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 08.08.2003, 10:35
Posts: 4974
Sand$: 20150
Donate
Location: Outside Chicago
Eagles05856 wrote:
Dingo wrote:
Rotowire wrote:
Brown (neck) took 25-30 swings in the batting cage Sunday, the Phillies' official site reports.

Spin: Brown is dealing with a stiff neck that may have been caused by his napping on a team bus during a road trip. The injury appears to be minor.

:F

Nothing like when Ken Griffey Jr. missed a game after his cup slipped and pinched a testicle.

Or when Steve Sparks dislocated his shoulder while trying to tear a phone book in half.

http://www.stevetheump.com/strange_injuries.htm

But then again, the Phillies are dropping like flies. If only steroids were legal again. :(

Bohican might remember this, but Brian Anderson used to be a great source of fun injuries when he was on the Dbacks about 10+ years ago. The two that stand out are hurting his arm because it stiffened up after resting across the back seat on a long cab ride and the time he tested an iron's temperature with the side of his face. I still remember watching him pitch with a that curved-triangular burn on his cheek.

_________________
Image
Sigs by NJ.


2011 House of Purgatory Champion - #1 in points, #2 overall record


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 03.21.2012, 17:25 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 02.06.2008, 17:17
Posts: 3652
Sand$: 1825
Donate
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
was.gif
Dingo wrote:
Eagles05856 wrote:
Dingo wrote:
Rotowire wrote:
Brown (neck) took 25-30 swings in the batting cage Sunday, the Phillies' official site reports.

Spin: Brown is dealing with a stiff neck that may have been caused by his napping on a team bus during a road trip. The injury appears to be minor.

:F

Nothing like when Ken Griffey Jr. missed a game after his cup slipped and pinched a testicle.

Or when Steve Sparks dislocated his shoulder while trying to tear a phone book in half.

http://www.stevetheump.com/strange_injuries.htm

But then again, the Phillies are dropping like flies. If only steroids were legal again. :(

Bohican might remember this, but Brian Anderson used to be a great source of fun injuries when he was on the Dbacks about 10+ years ago. The two that stand out are hurting his arm because it stiffened up after resting across the back seat on a long cab ride and the time he tested an iron's temperature with the side of his face. I still remember watching him pitch with a that curved-triangular burn on his cheek.



True... If there were a "Goof Ball" Hall of Fame... BA would get in on the first ballot...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 03.24.2012, 20:33 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 05.18.2004, 19:37
Posts: 31083
Sand$: 32082
Donate
oak.gif
Usually you guys beat me to the punch on waiver acquisitions when someone gets hurt, so I am stoked to get Sean Marshall! :lol:

_________________
2010 Fantasy Sharks College Fantasy Football League Champion
2010 4th & Goal Champion
2010 & 2011 Feeding Frenzy Champion
2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 03.26.2012, 11:45 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 07.19.2006, 08:12
Posts: 4459
Sand$: 6582
Donate
Location: Ohio
ind.gif
OK so they say it happens in 3's.....Carpenter, Madson...who's next?

_________________
It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it. ~Lou Holtz


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 03.26.2012, 12:31 
Online
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 12.21.2006, 15:58
Posts: 15641
Sand$: 8235
Donate
Location: Home of the Pittsburgh Steelers and 6 Super Bowls
pit.gif
Quote:
OK so they say it happens in 3's.....Carpenter, Madson...who's next?




You meant Soria I hope, otherwise we have our 3.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 03.26.2012, 12:51 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 07.19.2006, 08:12
Posts: 4459
Sand$: 6582
Donate
Location: Ohio
ind.gif
jesteva wrote:
Quote:
OK so they say it happens in 3's.....Carpenter, Madson...who's next?




You meant Soria I hope, otherwise we have our 3.


I was just talking about my team...Carp is supposed to be out a couple months, and after my experience with Manning...that may mean all year. :F

_________________
It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it. ~Lou Holtz


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 03.26.2012, 13:09 
Online
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 12.21.2006, 15:58
Posts: 15641
Sand$: 8235
Donate
Location: Home of the Pittsburgh Steelers and 6 Super Bowls
pit.gif
Sorry - my bad.

I thought you were talking about closers (Madson + Soria) who caught a case of Tommy John disease.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 11:21 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 08.08.2003, 10:35
Posts: 4974
Sand$: 20150
Donate
Location: Outside Chicago
Poor Travis Snider. The season hasn't even started and he is being bounced around the FA pool like a paddle ball.

_________________
Image
Sigs by NJ.


2011 House of Purgatory Champion - #1 in points, #2 overall record


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 13:25 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 12.11.2007, 19:21
Posts: 10246
Sand$: 36928
Donate
Location: PA
pit.gif
Dingo wrote:
Poor Travis Snider. The season hasn't even started and he is being bounced around the FA pool like a paddle ball.


Got sent down, didn't want another one of those guys on my team.. Him switching uniforms is his best bet imo, but it looks like Craig's gonna be on the roster as PH to start the season, so soon after he should be in the lineup.

_________________
2009 Tanked Dynasty League Champ
2010 Draft Sharks Semi-Pro West Champ
2011 Draft Sharks Pro Champ
2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 03.30.2012, 00:20 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sun 11.11.2007, 08:55
Posts: 8615
Sand$: 32804
Donate
Location: University Park, Pennsylvania
phi.gif
Must be nice...

Joel Zumaya is scheduled to undergo Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery on March 29.
Dr. James Andrews will perform the operation. Zumaya tore the UCL in his right elbow after throwing just 13 pitches in Twins camp and seems likely to be released from Minnesota's 40-man roster before Opening Day. The 27-year-old right-hander will keep $400,000 of the $850,000 contract that he agreed to back in

_________________
Image
2009 Deep Emerald Dynasty League Champion
2012 Gridiron Post Whore Keeper League Champion - '09 Runner-Up
2011 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion - '12 Runner-Up


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 04.02.2012, 10:12 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 05.18.2004, 19:37
Posts: 31083
Sand$: 32082
Donate
oak.gif
Guys if no one has an issue with this, I would like another transaction this week. I had an open spot after I put Pineda on the DL and picked up Vogelsong and put him on the DL as well. I was trying to put Santiago Casilla on my watch list but hit the little plus instead and it just put him directly on my roster without asking me if that is what I wanted to do. As you guys can see, I immediately dropped Casilla for Thames.

Commish can you help if no one objects? Please drop Casilla for Ian Stewart 3B CHI

_________________
2010 Fantasy Sharks College Fantasy Football League Champion
2010 4th & Goal Champion
2010 & 2011 Feeding Frenzy Champion
2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 04.02.2012, 11:45 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 07.19.2006, 08:12
Posts: 4459
Sand$: 6582
Donate
Location: Ohio
ind.gif
I did not think DL moves affected your transitions for the week

_________________
It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it. ~Lou Holtz


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 04.02.2012, 11:58 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 05.18.2004, 19:37
Posts: 31083
Sand$: 32082
Donate
oak.gif
rodg2915 wrote:
I did not think DL moves affected your transitions for the week



they dont, my transactions were

1 Vogelsong (who immediately went on the DL, opening a spot)
2 Casilla (by accident)
3 Thames (the guy I was actually going to grab there)

_________________
2010 Fantasy Sharks College Fantasy Football League Champion
2010 4th & Goal Champion
2010 & 2011 Feeding Frenzy Champion
2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 04.02.2012, 12:41 
Online
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 12.21.2006, 15:58
Posts: 15641
Sand$: 8235
Donate
Location: Home of the Pittsburgh Steelers and 6 Super Bowls
pit.gif
No prob's w/me...that's your mulligan for the year. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535 ... 572  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group