FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 10.30.2014, 08:44

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed 03.28.2012, 18:18 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 281325
Donate
den.gif
I didn't know that louisville played Kentucky this yr?

How often have they played over the yrs? I thought they have rarely played each other.

PostPosted: Wed 03.28.2012, 19:13 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36700
Donate
car.gif
Budmonsan wrote:
I didn't know that louisville played Kentucky this yr?

How often have they played over the yrs? I thought they have rarely played each other.

I thought they played every year?!?

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Wed 03.28.2012, 19:18 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
Budmonsan wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
birddog wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
With the addition of Missouri the SEC is on par with the Big 10 and ACC.

Not sure I see that on any level for hoops, p.

better? yes. on par with?.. yikes.. thats a stretch imo... better for sure though.

I think the Big 10 is the best BB conference. The ACC is living simply on UNC and Duke for a long span. Adding Syracuse and Pitt should help that a great deal.

Realistically I'd say Big 10 > ACC > SEC > Big 12. However, I don't think there's really much separation anymore. Big 10 seems to have a better top half than the other conferences.

No love for the big east?

Will it even survive? Who's left? Georgetown, Louisville, Marquette, St. Johns, Villanova, South Florida, Central Florida, Rutgers, Notre Dame, Cincy, UConn, Seton Hall, Providence, DePaul. Not a lot to really feel good about IMO.

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 03.29.2012, 09:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 25833
Donate
cle.gif
UK and UL started playing each other in 1984. For many years UK refused to validate UL's program by scheduling them(or ANY in-state school) during the regular season. In the early 80's it became apparent that Denny Crum had UL at the very top of the CB food chain, and the NCAA repeatedly tried to deliberately bracket them together, culminating in the original "Dream Game" in the regional finals in 1983, an overtime thriller won by UL. The next year UK, under pressure from state politicians, allowed a game that most BB outsiders thought should have happened years before. Something you guys can't know is that many UL fans still seem to have a "little brother" complex about UK. Here in Louisville it is ground zero, with the fanbase fairly evenly split between red and BLUE. BTW, since the series started UK holds a 29-14 record against the Tards. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu 03.29.2012, 15:20 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Another interesting dynamic is the that UK for years was considered the "white" school while UL was the "black" school, due in large part to UK being a land grant, rural state college while UL was an urban commuter school. The Texas Western farce incorrectly labeled Rupp a racist,even though the rest of the southern schools were segregated. UK,btw, was the 2nd SEC school to integrate their athletic teams, one year after Vandy.

PostPosted: Thu 03.29.2012, 19:03 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
den.gif
pwbowen wrote:

Will it even survive? Who's left? Georgetown, Louisville, Marquette, St. Johns, Villanova, South Florida, Central Florida, Rutgers, Notre Dame, Cincy, UConn, Seton Hall, Providence, DePaul. Not a lot to really feel good about IMO.

I know, they took one of the best conferences in the country and completed ripped it apart! So sad...

PostPosted: Thu 03.29.2012, 19:05 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
den.gif
bluemist wrote:
UK and UL started playing each other in 1984. For many years UK refused to validate UL's program by scheduling them(or ANY in-state school) during the regular season. In the early 80's it became apparent that Denny Crum had UL at the very top of the CB food chain, and the NCAA repeatedly tried to deliberately bracket them together, culminating in the original "Dream Game" in the regional finals in 1983, an overtime thriller won by UL. The next year UK, under pressure from state politicians, allowed a game that most BB outsiders thought should have happened years before. Something you guys can't know is that many UL fans still seem to have a "little brother" complex about UK. Here in Louisville it is ground zero, with the fanbase fairly evenly split between red and BLUE. BTW, since the series started UK holds a 29-14 record against the Tards. :lol:

Interesting...thanks for the history lesson. 8)

I'm assuming you went to UK?

PostPosted: Thu 03.29.2012, 19:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Both--graduated from UK.

PostPosted: Sat 03.31.2012, 15:02 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
den.gif
Well, Good Luck tonight... I know how devastating a loss would be.

PostPosted: Sat 03.31.2012, 15:47 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Thanks bud! Not really devastating to me,as I have enjoyed this season as much as any in a long time. This style of ball is a blast to watch, and this particular group of kids is very easy to cheer for. I cannot remember such talented young athletes being as team oriented and cohesive. With that said, I will be terribly disappointed if the officiating dictates the game. This game will probably be a sporadic, foul prone affair as it is really UL's best chance to win. My goal for this team has simply been to have it close with 8 minutes left and nobody in foul trouble.When these guys can turn it on they are unbeatable IMO.

GO CATS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat 03.31.2012, 17:16 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
den.gif
i hear ya bro... let em play!

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 16:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Calipari is a god to UK fans right now fellas. I fully expect that all the kids will declare for the draft,closely followed by Shabazz and/or Noels committing to the Cats, making for a 4th straight #1 recruiting class. Every coach in the country is baffled on how to recruit against this juggernaut. Winning the title only makes his pitch even more seductive. Putting 3 kids in this years' lottery may make it impossible to resist.

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 19:07 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
den.gif
The knicks and others are going to go after calipari this summer.... There's no chance of him leaving cuz if he did, he would be a fool and I don't think he's a fool!

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 20:46 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
bluemist wrote:
Calipari is a god to UK fans right now fellas. I fully expect that all the kids will declare for the draft,closely followed by Shabazz and/or Noels committing to the Cats, making for a 4th straight #1 recruiting class. Every coach in the country is baffled on how to recruit against this juggernaut. Winning the title only makes his pitch even more seductive. Putting 3 kids in this years' lottery may make it impossible to resist.

It's pretty simple: he gets guys ready to go to the NBA and get drafted and get paid.

He's done a better job of it than K or Huckleroy or anyone else at the top of the D-1 rankings today.

These kids want to go to the Show and he's the best one to get them there. And winning a title in your one year is icing on the cake.

Heck, he's probably running about a clean a program as anyone now, despite his reputation. Who has to cheat to win at Kentucky?

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 10:56 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
cle.gif
Pretty sure the NCAA is digging up anything they can on Cal. NYTimes investigated for a year to come up with the sparse findings on Bledsoe a few years ago after Wall and Cousins must have come up clean. Problem is the NCAA can make a new rule and apply it retroactively, so I guess anything is possible.

The new deadline for declaring for the draft is a farce! For an organization that purports to be looking out for the kids to screw them like this is typical of these bloated hypocrites.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next