FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 09.22.2014, 05:13

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri 03.30.2012, 09:54 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35408
Donate
car.gif
Elmagister wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

TLDW

That's ok, you don't need to. You're in no danger of your team reacbing for him. It's all his pro day throws, complete with someone saying "woo" for some of them.

I wonder if NFL scouts really put any stock at all in this type of simulated fauxball. There should be plenty of game tape that's much more valuable and these things are so staged it's pretty sad.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Fri 03.30.2012, 10:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13062
Donate
jax.gif
I really hope Miami wants this guy. That will make us the perfect candidate to trade back at 7 with someone like KC.

But who knows, really...He could pull a Clausen and fall pretty far.

PostPosted: Fri 03.30.2012, 10:07 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32746
Donate
mia.gif
pwbowen wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

TLDW

That's ok, you don't need to. You're in no danger of your team reacbing for him. It's all his pro day throws, complete with someone saying "woo" for some of them.

I wonder if NFL scouts really put any stock at all in this type of simulated fauxball. There should be plenty of game tape that's much more valuable and these things are so staged it's pretty sad.

My favorite part is when they spin out and away from the fake pass rush.

PostPosted: Fri 03.30.2012, 10:25 

Sand$: 97177
Donate
Markulous wrote:
I really hope Miami wants this guy. That will make us the perfect candidate to trade back at 7 with someone like KC.

Clausen fell more for his head than his physical ability. Tannehill's not a head case, not anything like Clausen. I really can't think of a comp for Tannehill. Not in the last 10 years anyway. He has all of the physical ability to be a starter, but his decision making and execution (especially beyond 10 yards) is spotty. It'd be one thing if he had been playing a while, but he's only played what 20 games at QB? THere's developmental upside there, but you just can't take that as a cornerstone piece.

PostPosted: Fri 03.30.2012, 10:51 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Markulous wrote:

Clausen fell more for his head than his physical ability. Tannehill's not a head case, not anything like Clausen. I really can't think of a comp for Tannehill. Not in the last 10 years anyway. He has all of the physical ability to be a starter, but his decision making and execution (especially beyond 10 yards) is spotty. It'd be one thing if he had been playing a while, but he's only played what 20 games at QB? THere's developmental upside there, but you just can't take that as a cornerstone piece.

If that's the case with Clausen then NFL scouts suck more than I imagined. Clausen's physical tools are pretty limited. Hideous throwing motion and really not much zip either.

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Fri 03.30.2012, 11:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4794
Donate
kc.gif
Markulous wrote:

Is KC interested in Tannehill? I had not heard that here.
I w/d hope they wouldn't do that.

PostPosted: Fri 03.30.2012, 13:02 

Sand$: 97177
Donate
pwbowen wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
Markulous wrote:

If that's the case with Clausen then NFL scouts suck more than I imagined. Clausen's physical tools are pretty limited. Hideous throwing motion and really not much zip either.

His game is flawed, but if his head wasn't firmly entrenched in his rump he could have made due despite them. In the end he is a full fleged moron though and I was surprised teams wisened up and let him plummet like he did.

PostPosted: Fri 03.30.2012, 14:00 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
OarChambo wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
Markulous wrote:

His game is flawed, but if his head wasn't firmly entrenched in his rump he could have made due despite them. In the end he is a full fleged moron though and I was surprised teams wisened up and let him plummet like he did.

I don't see any talent there unless he was a football genius. His throwing motion alone is horrendous.

PostPosted: Fri 03.30.2012, 14:22 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13062
Donate
jax.gif
hawkdogger wrote:
Markulous wrote:

Is KC interested in Tannehill? I had not heard that here.
I w/d hope they wouldn't do that.

I want to say the teams that worked him out were Cleveland, Seattle, KC, and Miami.

PostPosted: Fri 03.30.2012, 15:00 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15247
Donate
pwbowen wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
Markulous wrote:

I don't see any talent there unless he was a football genius. His throwing motion alone is horrendous.

Im glad you got that far, the guy in the intro alone had me switching off.

Dont know how long he went on for, but 43s was enough for me. Love that he really "made an effort" with his attire #-o

PostPosted: Sat 03.31.2012, 13:32 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Markulous wrote:

Local radio sports talk had a a few NFl scouts being interviewed and just laughed at the Browns prehistoric and archaic game plan last year. They said it was a joke and pretty sad when you can sit there and predict play after play what was coming. Mccoy's struggles last year were all about having zero pass catchers who can get open, zero running game, horrible o-line and ridiculous game plan and play calling. If they get this over-rated wr/qb with very little experience and ability to be an impact player commensurate with a 4th overall pick there will be a mutiny of fans here. McCoy was NOT the problem last year. Completely unfair to judge him in the given circumstances.

Todd Mcshay is pimping him for the browns pick stating rb's and wr's dont win superbowls..Qb's do. So gamble on this raw, inexperienced athlete to turn into a stud qb, forget about the potential of Mccoy given the proper tools, and waste a high pick that SHOULD go to Best Player Available that would constitute tools for McCoy or any other Qb they can get down the line. Grabbing this guy at #4 is SUICIDE. :F

PostPosted: Sat 03.31.2012, 16:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 40512
Donate
pit.gif
jamcutpost wrote:

Dont know how long he went on for, but 43s was enough for me. Love that he really "made an effort" with his attire #-o

:lol:

I wanted to slap the sh1t out of him after the first 5 seconds.

PostPosted: Sat 03.31.2012, 16:27 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32746
Donate
mia.gif
rugger48 wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:

:lol:

I wanted to slap the sh1t out of him after the first 5 seconds.

He was a douche, but doesn't make another appearance. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun 04.01.2012, 10:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3777
Donate
cle.gif
Fighting Amish wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
Markulous wrote:

Local radio sports talk had a a few NFl scouts being interviewed and just laughed at the Browns prehistoric and archaic game plan last year. They said it was a joke and pretty sad when you can sit there and predict play after play what was coming. Mccoy's struggles last year were all about having zero pass catchers who can get open, zero running game, horrible o-line and ridiculous game plan and play calling. If they get this over-rated wr/qb with very little experience and ability to be an impact player commensurate with a 4th overall pick there will be a mutiny of fans here. McCoy was NOT the problem last year. Completely unfair to judge him in the given circumstances.

Todd Mcshay is pimping him for the browns pick stating rb's and wr's dont win superbowls..Qb's do. So gamble on this raw, inexperienced athlete to turn into a stud qb, forget about the potential of Mccoy given the proper tools, and waste a high pick that SHOULD go to Best Player Available that would constitute tools for McCoy or any other Qb they can get down the line. Grabbing this guy at #4 is SUICIDE. :F

Totally agree. This current fascination with getting the "franchise QB" is going to set some teams back at least three years. The reason is teams are reluctant to give up on a QB for around three years, whereas other positions are not given such a long leash. For me to pick a player in the top five of a draft, they have to transcend the current draft they are in. Tannehill and for that matter Blackmon do not.

PostPosted: Mon 04.02.2012, 06:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7753
Donate
jax.gif
emjones2001 wrote:
The reason is teams are reluctant to give up on a QB for around three years, whereas other positions are not given such a long leash.

That is not a QB thing, it's a top 10 pick thing. Vast majority of top 10 picks are given 3 yrs before a team decides to move on.

There has never been a better time to reach for a QB in the draft. You no longer have to pay outrageous signing bonuses for them, which accelerates a teams evaluation cycle. They can cut losses on a drafted QB and search for another faster tha yrs past. The fact is you have to have a franchise QB to compete yr in yr out now, so as a GM, you have to keep trying until you hit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next