FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 04.20.2014, 12:48

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Claiborne's Wonderlic.
PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 12:41 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Fri 11.19.2004, 00:31
Posts: 1750
Sand$: 4404
Donate
Location: Bay Area, CA
pit.gif
I think he's fantastic and easily a top 10 pic. I just thought this was funny. While firing back at his critics, Claiborne put this on twitter.

"You guys don't no me #Top10,"

:F


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 13:13 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 05.16.2009, 09:57
Posts: 24137
Sand$: 30959
Donate
Location: Arkansas
mia.gif
That's just Twitter speak, and there's already a thread for this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 14:10 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Fri 11.19.2004, 00:31
Posts: 1750
Sand$: 4404
Donate
Location: Bay Area, CA
pit.gif
Elmagister wrote:
That's just Twitter speak, and there's already a thread for this.


No posts on this subject unless you are talking about the discussion of it in the mockdraft post. Stop that crap. And I don't think he was using Twitter speak, unless he was worried that the 5 word post would be too long, or maybe there was someone timing him on his post so his learning disability kicked in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 14:12 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 05.16.2009, 09:57
Posts: 24137
Sand$: 30959
Donate
Location: Arkansas
mia.gif
He probably thought that it would be terribly obvious that it was Twitter speak, and that only ironically stupid people would point it out as evidence he is stupid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 14:21 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 11.12.2004, 09:36
Posts: 7645
Sand$: 8077
Donate
jax.gif
Elmagister wrote:
He probably thought that it would be terribly obvious that it was Twitter speak, and that only ironically stupid people would point it out as evidence he is stupid.



While he was solving a Rubicks cube and doing Sudoku

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 14:25 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 05.16.2009, 09:57
Posts: 24137
Sand$: 30959
Donate
Location: Arkansas
mia.gif
hankrip wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
He probably thought that it would be terribly obvious that it was Twitter speak, and that only ironically stupid people would point it out as evidence he is stupid.



While he was solving a Rubicks cube and doing Sudoku


Probably not...but he probably did think that posting it on Twitter would provide ample evidence that he was using Twitter speak.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 14:36 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 10.19.2004, 16:33
Posts: 14973
Sand$: 17933
Donate
Location: Jasper, Missouri
min.gif
I think dumb people use twitter-speak as a reason to not spell things correctly.

_________________
elven wrote:
here come the sack licka
turn it up


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 14:39 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09.25.2003, 14:05
Posts: 3988
Sand$: 9629
Donate
Location: St Clair Shores, MI
det.gif
Griffimo wrote:
I think dumb people use twitter-speak as a reason to not spell things correctly.


know whey mahn!

am I doin it rite?

_________________
SCS Wolfpack

*Closed until next season*


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 14:40 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Fri 11.19.2004, 00:31
Posts: 1750
Sand$: 4404
Donate
Location: Bay Area, CA
pit.gif
Elmagister wrote:
hankrip wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
He probably thought that it would be terribly obvious that it was Twitter speak, and that only ironically stupid people would point it out as evidence he is stupid.



While he was solving a Rubicks cube and doing Sudoku


Probably not...but he probably did think that posting it on Twitter would provide ample evidence that he was using Twitter speak.


If he had any common sense, don't you think he'd pick up on the fact that using no would leave himself open to ridicule? That's if he was thinking so much as you believe. Do you really believe he thought it wass terribly obvious. Do you really? I find it hillarious that you think someone who scores a 4 on the wonderlic can think anything is obvious.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 14:45 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 05.16.2009, 09:57
Posts: 24137
Sand$: 30959
Donate
Location: Arkansas
mia.gif
db45655 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
hankrip wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
He probably thought that it would be terribly obvious that it was Twitter speak, and that only ironically stupid people would point it out as evidence he is stupid.



While he was solving a Rubicks cube and doing Sudoku


Probably not...but he probably did think that posting it on Twitter would provide ample evidence that he was using Twitter speak.


If he had any common sense, don't you think he'd pick up on the fact that using no would leave himself open to ridicule? That's if he was thinking so much as you believe. Do you really believe he thought it wass terribly obvious. Do you really?


I doubt he put much thought into it...because it's so obvious.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 14:48 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 05.16.2009, 09:57
Posts: 24137
Sand$: 30959
Donate
Location: Arkansas
mia.gif
I guess I'm saying point to his Wonderlic score as evidence that he's stupid. But pointing out that he used no instead of know on a medium on which such things are common is just as much evidence to me :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 14:54 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Fri 11.19.2004, 00:31
Posts: 1750
Sand$: 4404
Donate
Location: Bay Area, CA
pit.gif
I'm just pointing out that using no instead of know while defending your intelligence is funny. I didn't say stupid. I said funny. Then you jumped to his defense saying how he "Obviously" meant to do that. I don't think it's obvious that he meant to do that. I think you are reaching.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 15:09 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Tue 08.18.2009, 16:31
Posts: 9785
Sand$: 14561
Donate
Location: twitter.com/deeperanddown
Q: If he types "lol" does that mean:
A:
    1) He hasnt got the work ethic to type "Laugh out loud"
    2) Cant spell "Laugh out loud"
    3) Thinks he typed "lot" instead
    4) Is just using syntax consistent with the forum hes using

Its twitter for Pete's sake. I REALLY dont think its a "Reach" (as you call it) to say he MEANT to right "no" instead of "know". It might be another symptom of his learning difficulties, too - we just dont know

In fact, theres a boatload of stuff noone knows so far. Dont know about you, but:

    I dont know what his learning disability is ...
    I dont know how severe it is ...
    I dont know how many questions he was able to read in 15 minutes (assuming he had dyslexia) ...
    I dont know his %age of questions (ie he could have answered 4 out of 4 or 4 out of 50- MASSIVE difference)
    I dont know if he was given the same 15mins as everyone else, or had extra time (as ADD students would get)
    I dont know if he had the paper in the same font as everyone else (or the different one used for people with learning difficulties, like dyslexia)
    I dont know what support he had at LSU for his disability during lessons that he might (or might not have had) during the test

Until i know any of the above, im not really bothered. Youve already decided what? Hes no book worm?

Great =D>

As the Ted Thorpe winner ... Bronco Nagurski finalist ... and SEC defensive PoY, i dont think it matters a ton in this instance.

As someone said elsewhere, whats the worst case? You say "Follow that guy and make sure he doesnt catch anything"?

I aint picking on you - or indeed anyone else that wants to say Claiborne's aint the sharpest tool - but i do think we should find out just a bit more first


Last edited by jamcutpost on Thu 04.05.2012, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 15:13 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 03.28.2008, 14:43
Posts: 14864
Sand$: 15172
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
It took me months to figure out what prolly meant. Made me feel dumb.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 15:15 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Tue 08.18.2009, 16:31
Posts: 9785
Sand$: 14561
Donate
Location: twitter.com/deeperanddown
badgasman9 wrote:
It took me months to figure out what prolly meant. Made me feel dumb.


Same here with IIRC :F


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], MSNbot Media and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group