FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 11.27.2014, 19:10

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
PostPosted: Sat 03.17.2012, 18:42 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15801
Donate
bjoemama2 wrote:
Craphead wrote:
If Garçon and Armstrong can work out their drops the Skins would have a pretty elite pair of deep-threat WRs.

elite?

Armstrong is not a great player, i doubt hes going to be anything but roster depth

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 12:51 

Sand$: 48582
Donate
nyj.gif
Robert Griffin has declined the Colts request for a private workout.

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 13:44 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12672
Donate
gb.gif
endzoneview wrote:

To be fair, he said he was declining all private workouts. His Pro Day was going to be his only workout.

That said, I think he privately wishes for the Redskins. The Redskins didn't request a workout because, hey, they're taking whoever the Colts don't want. They don't have a choice.

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 14:27 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37954
Donate
car.gif
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

To be fair, he said he was declining all private workouts. His Pro Day was going to be his only workout.

That said, I think he privately wishes for the Redskins. The Redskins didn't request a workout because, hey, they're taking whoever the Colts don't want. They don't have a choice.

Shanny's happier a rat in a dumpster, isn't he?

And look at Lil Danny, he's trying to grow a 'stache. Magnum Snyder, PI?

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 14:32 

Donate
nyj.gif
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Yeah, to be fair you should have mentioned that the Colts story broke first, then it was revealed he wasn't working out for anyone.

This guy is hoping Irsay doesn't change his mind

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 15:06 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
endzoneview wrote:
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Yeah, to be fair you should have mentioned that the Colts story broke first, then it was revealed he wasn't working out for anyone.

take a 1980's rusted out chevette and smash into the back of that vehicle out of principle alone.

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 15:07 

Donate
nyj.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

take a 1980's rusted out chevette and smash into the back of that vehicle out of principle alone.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu 04.05.2012, 08:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1002
Donate
was.gif
endzoneview wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

:lol:

Everytime i am driving around now I will be looking for this car.

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 13:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12672
Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Report: RGIII already learning Skins' offense

Redskins OC Kyle Shanahan will reportedly meet with Baylor QB Robert Griffin III a couple of times per week leading up to the draft.
If it's true, the report speaks of the level of confidence by both the Redskins and Griffin's camp that the Colts are locked into Andrew Luck with the first pick. RGIII will get a head start on the Redskins playbook in the meantime, expediting his NFL learning curve.

I'm no NFL expert, but I'd think this would be in violation of draft tampering rules....

...that is, unless the headline is a bit sensationalized.

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 13:41 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37384
Donate
mia.gif
You can share your playbook with anyone.

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 13:41 

Donate
nyj.gif
jnadke wrote:
Quote:

Redskins OC Kyle Shanahan will reportedly meet with Baylor QB Robert Griffin III a couple of times per week leading up to the draft.
If it's true, the report speaks of the level of confidence by both the Redskins and Griffin's camp that the Colts are locked into Andrew Luck with the first pick. RGIII will get a head start on the Redskins playbook in the meantime, expediting his NFL learning curve.

I'm no NFL expert, but I'd think this would be in violation of draft tampering rules....

Since Griffin isn't a NFL employee yet or signed with any team, I'm not sure tampering would apply. Definitely no CBA violation for the same reason. Looks like the Redskins are taking advantage of a loophole.

Of course, I'm sure all of the teams agreed not to exploit this loophole, so the Skins will be fined cap space and draft picks next year.

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 21:00 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 535
Donate
mia.gif
Learning skins playbook??? Imagine what would happen if Indy actually decides to draft RG3 as their #1 pick...

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 23:47 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37954
Donate
car.gif
Cannio wrote:
Learning skins playbook??? Imagine what would happen if Indy actually decides to draft RG3 as their #1 pick...

Yes, that mighty Shanaweasel offense would be exposed for all to see. :?

But it would be funny just watching the battle of wits between Irsay and Snyder.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Sat 04.07.2012, 04:46 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15801
Donate
pwbowen wrote:
Cannio wrote:

Yes, that mighty Shanaweasel offense would be exposed for all to see. :?

But it would be funny just watching the battle of twits between Irsay and Snyder.

ftfy ;)

PostPosted: Sat 04.07.2012, 18:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 335162
Donate
sf.gif
endzoneview wrote:
jnadke wrote:
Quote:

Since Griffin isn't a NFL employee yet or signed with any team, I'm not sure tampering would apply. Definitely no CBA violation for the same reason. Looks like the Redskins are taking advantage of a loophole.

Of course, I'm sure all of the teams agreed not to exploit this loophole, so the Skins will be fined cap space and draft picks next year.

I don't think it's even a loophole - anyone in the country is allowed to share their playbook with anyone. If the playbook belongs to a specific team or company, they would have to approve it and I suppose they did.

I guess the NFL could pass a rule stating that no team can share their playbook with any player not in the CBA but it would probably create more problems than it's worth. And it wouldn't be able to stop one of Shanahan's buddies or ex-coaches from sharing it either.

The skins and RG3 are doing the right thing here - get as big a jump on everyone as you can with learning the playbook and getting ready for the season. It does give the teams with the first/second pick a bit of an unfair advantage but i suppose when you're drafting that high you could use a bit of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next