FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 11.22.2014, 09:13

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 16:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 38441
Donate
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... th-saints/

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 23:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7499
Donate
cle.gif
My take on the signing at IDP Manor.

Follow IDPManor on Twitter!

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 04:11 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15631
Donate
NOS LB situation 2012 = NYG LB situation 2011

LBBCs and suspensions all over the place make it a roulette id be looking to avoid.

If your desperate, or its late by all means buy a ticket as you might win it from week-to-week, but other than that im not interested.

PostPosted: Wed 04.04.2012, 07:19 

Sand$: 100670
Donate
Cut Vilma then Seattle pass on Kuechly and this has been a dream offseason for my LB corps

PostPosted: Sat 04.07.2012, 04:30 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
OarChambo wrote:
Cut Vilma then Seattle pass on Kuechly and this has been a dream offseason for my LB corps

Barrett Ruud may (or may not) have something to say about that :)

Good signing for the Hawks as he wont have come with too hefty a $ tag and will be vet competition for a young LB corps (which Hill is still a part of)

Could be smoke and mirrors (as usual this time of year) but the word going around is the panthers are besotted with Kuechly

Id be v.surprised if SEA dont take another LB, though im becoming less and less convinced that Kuechly might be there for even the Seahawks. Which mightnt be a surprise as he's probably the most polished ILB in coverage as well as being skilled elsewhere and in a pass first league thats a premium thats difficult to buy.

Might be the 'Hawks add Trevathan in the later rounds - who knows :dontknow:

I just know that the NOS/LB situation is going to be a quagmire as the new DC (Spags) wont know his best lineup even once suspensions are handed out so mighnt be a while before the pecking order is any clearer.

PostPosted: Sat 04.07.2012, 04:39 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
Just adding this from a 50 page thread in main, as it might be of use to anyone searching the topic title :)

Quote:
Scott Shanle or Jonathan Casillas are both guys that have manned the spot alongside Vilma in Nickel packages. Fujita used to be the guy before Shanle, Casillas did good things when used recently.

Id expect either of them to come on (who knows where their high draft pick from last year Martez Wilson is in the pecking order/ scheme of things) as the primary LB in passing downs.

FWIW, under Williams (the previous DC) - as Jeff Duncan will tell you - he was happy to keep not a single, solitary LB on the field at all in most of his Dime packages.

Spags also likes to use 3 safeties and is very happy to play out of the nickel formation as a base against predominatly passing teams.

PostPosted: Sat 04.07.2012, 10:02 

Sand$: 100670
Donate
1) It's smart of Carolina to at least show the interest in Kuechly, he's the BPA there so if teams want him the Panthers have to see if someone will blink. Still, I could see it regardless because Kuechly is that damn good.

2) If the Hawks don't take a LB early I take it to mean they want KJ Wright to win the job, but if he doesn't step up they have a mildly capable stopgap to shove in. I don't think they're bringing Ruud in to take the job because quite frankly as a real life LB Ruud is not any good. Adequate plan B though...and makes me feel even better about my LB corps :)

PostPosted: Sat 04.07.2012, 11:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
He is a tidy player thats going to be hard to pass up for any team between 5-15. Youre right they SHOULD be making noises about it whether they plan to or not!

As for the SEA gig, i fervently hope they give it to KJ - they aught to but i wouldnt take it as a given even if they grab a guy later.Out of the high picks (Curry & Latupu) its been a UDFA and a 4th rounder (Hawthorne & Wright) that have looked the better LBs, so they definitely wont have the mind set that a guy picked in the middle rounds couldnt start day 1 @mike.

Wright had to (in week 1 no less) when Hawthorne went down and certainly didnt embarass himself.

Talking of which, Carroll has (somewhat annoyingly) gone on record more than once as saying his believes SAM is KJs best spot. Which is possibly smoke again, but his actions seem to imply he might actually believe it.

Definitely an upgrade for your LB roster though as the off-season as shaken down whichever way its gone, its a nice job =D>

PostPosted: Sun 04.08.2012, 19:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7499
Donate
cle.gif
jamcutpost wrote:
He is a tidy player thats going to be hard to pass up for any team between 5-15. Youre right they SHOULD be making noises about it whether they plan to or not!

As for the SEA gig, i fervently hope they give it to KJ - they aught to but i wouldnt take it as a given even if they grab a guy later.Out of the high picks (Curry & Latupu) its been a UDFA and a 4th rounder (Hawthorne & Wright) that have looked the better LBs, so they definitely wont have the mind set that a guy picked in the middle rounds couldnt start day 1 @mike.

Wright had to (in week 1 no less) when Hawthorne went down and certainly didnt embarass himself.

Talking of which, Carroll has (somewhat annoyingly) gone on record more than once as saying his believes SAM is KJs best spot. Which is possibly smoke again, but his actions seem to imply he might actually believe it.

Definitely an upgrade for your LB roster though as the off-season as shaken down whichever way its gone, its a nice job =D>

Got a recent link? Heard otherwise, although Ruud muds it up.

Follow IDPManor on Twitter!

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 06:52 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
Kilroy1872 wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:

Got a recent link? Heard otherwise, although Ruud muds it up.

There're a few :)

But i usually prefer the beat writers at the local papers, so there's this one:

Quote:
“We’ll have to wait and see what happens. We’ve got some free agency issues that we’re dealing with right now, and he gives us some flexibility, so we’ll just have to wait it out.

If I had my way I’d let him play where he finished up outside. I think he has the versatility to do that, and it gives us the opportunity to move him around and to pressure him, and to drop him out under coverage and also do some things inside at times with the way we move our defense that you can take advantage of all that.”

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... rylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

He may end up inside, but sounds like Carroll likes him where he is.

I think Barrett is a savvy addition (Experienced, cheap, low maintenance), but if they struggle - and Ruud is better for FF than RL - it might be easier to slide KJ over and grab an SLB than try to find an MLB mid-season.

Worst case scenario he stays SAM. I think hell be one of those SLBs that might be worth having on the roster though. There aint many (2? T.Davis, Greenway) but he could perhaps be one w/upside.

Carroll might not prefer him at Mike to Sam, but its not always up to the coach (injuries, poor form etc) to get what he wants week in and week out :)

The quote was from Feb 24th (i think), so his outlook may've changed if youve heard something more recent?

PostPosted: Sat 04.28.2012, 22:41 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 46830
Donate
ne.gif
I am curious how the draft changes the Seattle situation.

At least two LB's that seem best suited to OLB.

Nothing changed with NO so far though.

Interesting article: http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/statistical-analysis-and-fantasy-football/

PostPosted: Sun 04.29.2012, 14:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13580
Donate
sea.gif
Cyguy84 wrote:

Pete is saying right now that Wagner will play the MIKE, Toomer will back up KJ Wright at the SAM. Him and John were looking for speedy guys with length to man both the MIKE and the SAM who can excel in covering these modern day TEs, etc. If Wagner struggles in camp, I could see KJ moving inside, but right now I wouldn't count on a KJ Wright stash having a lot of pay off.

PostPosted: Sun 04.29.2012, 14:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 46830
Donate
ne.gif
pinksheets wrote:
Cyguy84 wrote:

Pete is saying right now that Wagner will play the MIKE, Toomer will back up KJ Wright at the SAM. Him and John were looking for speedy guys with length to man both the MIKE and the SAM who can excel in covering these modern day TEs, etc. If Wagner struggles in camp, I could see KJ moving inside, but right now I wouldn't count on a KJ Wright stash having a lot of pay off.

So will Bruce Irvin be the WLB? Or will he rush as a DE?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7533/bobby-wagner

They seem to think that Wagner will play WLB. I trust your sources more than Rotoworld, but am curious what you think.

Interesting article: http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/statistical-analysis-and-fantasy-football/

PostPosted: Sun 04.29.2012, 14:47 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13580
Donate
sea.gif
I think Irvin is going to line up almost exclusively as a DE in place of Red Bryant on passing downs. He'll be used as a situational pass rusher for now, but is being groomed to take over the LEO position that Chris Clemons plays for us now. Depending how much Irvin develops in coverage/run defense, I could see him taking snaps as an LB in certain sub-packages etc. just to throw off offenses, but I think he'll spend 90% of the snaps he plays as either the strongside DE in place of Red or spelling Clemons on the weakside.

Right now I'd venture that Leroy Hill will stay at the WILL, with Malcom Smith potentially being in line to take over, Wagner at the MIKE, and KJ at the SAM.