Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,209.01
So on Wed. my wife and son were in a car accident. This was my 1st moment as a dad of getting the phone call telling me that "We've been in a wreck, it looks bad". I was less than a mile away, and when I got there they were fastening my son to the immobilization board. Complete and utter panic on my part, but I had to keep it all inside since I didn't see my wife and I had to check on my son.

It turns out that everything was OK. My wife had been referring to the car when she said "looks bad". My son was being immobilized because that is SOP when the car hits the kid's side of the car and the childseat breaks.

My moment of "it's all OK" came when I asked my son what happened. Long beore he could read, he learned all of the different auto logos. I'd have a 3 year old passenger going "That's a VW car", and "That's a Mitsubishi car". Now my almost 7 year old answered my question by saying "That Subaru hit us". I looked over at the other car. The silhouette was not recognizable as anything to me. The front was smashed, and I couldn't see a logo. I asked an officer what kind of car it was, and she said "Subaru". I figure he must have seen it coming right at him through the window (my wife was turning left, so she was hit right on the passenger door of our van). I realized that if he could remember that, he was going to be OK.

They are both OK except for bumps and bruises. I hope the other people are OK, but I don't know one way or the other. Now there is just a lot of insurance hassle and logistics to deal with. I feel incredibly lucky, and I hope none of you ever have a similiar story to share. Enjoy your Holidays shark-dads!!!

What women really want is security. I know because every time I approach a woman at a bar, that is what she starts screaming.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,637.92
beerbarian wrote:So on Wed. my wife and son were in a car accident. This was my 1st moment as a dad of getting the phone call telling me that "We've been in a wreck, it looks bad". I was less than a mile away, and when I got there they were fastening my son to the immobilization board. Complete and utter panic on my part, but I had to keep it all inside since I didn't see my wife and I had to check on my son.

It turns out that everything was OK. My wife had been referring to the car when she said "looks bad". My son was being immobilized because that is SOP when the car hits the kid's side of the car and the childseat breaks.

My moment of "it's all OK" came when I asked my son what happened. Long beore he could read, he learned all of the different auto logos. I'd have a 3 year old passenger going "That's a VW car", and "That's a Mitsubishi car". Now my almost 7 year old answered my question by saying "That Subaru hit us". I looked over at the other car. The silhouette was not recognizable as anything to me. The front was smashed, and I couldn't see a logo. I asked an officer what kind of car it was, and she said "Subaru". I figure he must have seen it coming right at him through the window (my wife was turning left, so she was hit right on the passenger door of our van). I realized that if he could remember that, he was going to be OK.

They are both OK except for bumps and bruises. I hope the other people are OK, but I don't know one way or the other. Now there is just a lot of insurance hassle and logistics to deal with. I feel incredibly lucky, and I hope none of you ever have a similiar story to share. Enjoy your Holidays shark-dads!!!

I saw you mention the accident of Facebook, I'm glad to hear that everyone is ok! I can only imagine the panic that set in, tell the Mrs. to be more specific about WHAT "looks bad" if there is a next time. :lol:

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with catsup.
Proud member of the Deep Blue Dynasty League
Megalodon
Sand$: 20,424.84
beerbarian wrote:So on Wed. my wife and son were in a car accident. This was my 1st moment as a dad of getting the phone call telling me that "We've been in a wreck, it looks bad". I was less than a mile away, and when I got there they were fastening my son to the immobilization board. Complete and utter panic on my part, but I had to keep it all inside since I didn't see my wife and I had to check on my son.

christ....I'm glad everyone is ok man. That is some scary shoot right there.

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)

Honorary Megalodon
Sand$: 0.42

Glad to hear everyone is okay.
Megalodon
Sand$: 40,892.88
Glad to hear everybody is OK, I'm sure that was some scary shoot.
Great White Shark
Bump just because it's been months, and I'm sure something story-worthy happend to someone since DEC!

What women really want is security. I know because every time I approach a woman at a bar, that is what she starts screaming.
Sand$: 7,229.74
i'll have pics of my son's graduation from UCF next month .... cant believe he's graduating college ....

my other son (they're twins), has dropped out of college. I dont really care about that..not everyone is made for college, but the job market is tough for a 21 year old with not too many skills. He's graduated from a bartending school and is looking for work now...

its tough .. i did tell him he needs to get out of my place next month ... i love him to death, but a two bedroom condo with me, him and a pit bull is a bit much.

the saga continues...

Great White Shark
FLPatsFan wrote:i'll have pics of my son's graduation from UCF next month .... cant believe he's graduating college ....

my other son (they're twins), has dropped out of college. I dont really care about that..not everyone is made for college, but the job market is tough for a 21 year old with not too many skills. He's graduated from a bartending school and is looking for work now...

its tough .. i did tell him he needs to get out of my place next month ... i love him to death, but a two bedroom condo with me, him and a pit bull is a bit much.

the saga continues...

I have a friend with a son in the same job-needed situation. If he's good with his hands he should consider HVAC trade school. Our HVAC guys make decent money and are truck based...not many youngsters bother to complete a trade AND have a clean driving record.

Even when the Chinese take over everything, they'll want the comfort of an air-conditioned home :wink:

Megalodon
Heck, I have 15 years or so until I can kick my kids out :(

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)

Honorary Megalodon
Sand$: 0.42
beerbarian wrote:
FLPatsFan wrote:i'll have pics of my son's graduation from UCF next month .... cant believe he's graduating college ....

the saga continues...

I have a friend with a son in the same job-needed situation. If he's good with his hands he should consider HVAC trade school. Our HVAC guys make decent money and are truck based...not many youngsters bother to complete a trade AND have a clean driving record.

Even when the Chinese take over everything, they'll want the comfort of an air-conditioned home :wink:

I am with you. College isnt for everyone. If he can work with his hands he is set for life. Think about it have ya ever seen a skinny plumber?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,854.14
My youngest (17) got up and played Easter Bunny yesterday for a little girl who lives down the street. She is adopted and her parents own a business that is crazy busy on Easter, so my daughter 5 years ago decided that every little kid should have the majic of the Easter Bunny. We went down at dawn and cleaned up the landscaping we did at my parents grave. These are both Easter traditions with us now. When we got home she pulled out the fresh homemade scones she had prepared as we made banana nut muffins together. Went to another daughter's house later where she had a fresh taco bar instead of the same old ham and potato salad. Great Easter for this old dad.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
that sounds really cool blue .... proud dad indeed ....

Megalodon
bluemist wrote:My youngest (17) got up and played Easter Bunny yesterday for a little girl who lives down the street. She is adopted and her parents own a business that is crazy busy on Easter, so my daughter 5 years ago decided that every little kid should have the majic of the Easter Bunny. We went down at dawn and cleaned up the landscaping we did at my parents grave. These are both Easter traditions with us now. When we got home she pulled out the fresh homemade scones she had prepared as we made banana nut muffins together. Went to another daughter's house later where she had a fresh taco bar instead of the same old ham and potato salad. Great Easter for this old dad.

awesome.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,637.92
This one's couple weeks old, but we were talking about it last night so I had to share.

Teagan (6) and I were planning a boy's day out, his plan was to go look at motorcycles at the Harley shop, guns and stuff at Cabella's and then have a steak lunch. So the Missus was talking to Ruby (2 1/2) about what they should do since the men were going to be gone.
Wife: Ruby, what should we do since Daddy and Teagan are going to be gone all day.
Ruby: Idunno. (one of her favorite phrases right now)
W: Maybe we'll go to Hobby Lobby and get some crafty stuff to do!
(Ruby begins to tear up...)
R: (Crying) I don't wanna do crappy stuff!!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with catsup.
Proud member of the Deep Blue Dynasty League
The Dragon wrote:This one's couple weeks old, but we were talking about it last night so I had to share.

Teagan (6) and I were planning a boy's day out, his plan was to go look at motorcycles at the Harley shop, guns and stuff at Cabella's and then have a steak lunch. So the Missus was talking to Ruby (2 1/2) about what they should do since the men were going to be gone.
Wife: Ruby, what should we do since Daddy and Teagan are going to be gone all day.
Ruby: Idunno. (one of her favorite phrases right now)
W: Maybe we'll go to Hobby Lobby and get some crafty stuff to do!
(Ruby begins to tear up...)
R: (Crying) I don't wanna do crappy stuff!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

priceless!